So I have to 8GB memory card that the storm came with and its in, and I've formatted it yet everytime I put my music on (about 502 songs so far) they stay on the card at first but then days later it will when I click on some songs it says an error has oocured so I turn my phone off and then back on and the songs still don't work, next I do a battery pull and restart it and all but 28 or whatever songs get erased ??? I dont know why this is happening and wondering if theres a way that when I put my songs on the card I can lock them so they'll stay there like when songs are write protected ??? Sorry for the long story wondering if anyone has the same problems, all my songs are from itunes and dont suggest using the media manager on BB software because my doesnt work for some reason.

Any help would be appreciated.
    03-05-09 02:34 PM
    maybe your card got corrupted by disconnecting the usb cable improperly ?�
    I solved this issue by running the classic scandisk, repareid it, and no problems so far
    03-05-09 06:31 PM
    Yeah, it sounds like a corrupted card. I haven't had any problems with the card.
    03-05-09 09:11 PM
    How do you run the scandisk repair ???
    03-09-09 02:20 PM
    Most lkely corrupted card or files. Make sure you always eject the device before disconnecting and never interupt transfer. Go to sandisks website there sould be a download on there for the card repairs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 02:25 PM
    I take my card out and put it in an adapter that I have and plug that directly into my computer and drop and drag my music files onto it. Then put it back into my phone. I'm sure there is probably an easier way but this works for me. G/L!
    03-09-09 03:03 PM
    yeah im having a problem with my sandisk 2 the only folder that comes up when i click on media card in windows explorer is music the other folder dont show up, video, pics videonotes etc how do i fix this?
    03-09-09 06:14 PM
    How do you run the scandisk repair ???
    from windows utilites on your pc

I take my card out and put it in an adapter that I have and plug that directly into my computer and drop and drag my music files onto it. Then put it back into my phone. I'm sure there is probably an easier way but this works for me. G/L!
    wouldn't it be easier to use the usb cable rather than moving the sd card every time?
    03-09-09 06:24 PM
    No problems here, and over 900 songs on the card...
    03-09-09 06:31 PM
    from windows utilites on your pc

wouldn't it be easier to use the usb cable rather than moving the sd card every time?
    Yes it would be easier but this is just how I started doing it and kept it up. I will say tho that I don't add music to it often. When I first got my storm it was the easier way for me to get my old phone stuff onto this phone since I had everything on my laptop. It was easy to just drop and drag it onto the card. I will however use the usb in the future since I have most everything I want on it for now.
    03-10-09 07:19 AM
    Yes it would be easier but this is just how I started doing it and kept it up. I will say tho that I don't add music to it often. When I first got my storm it was the easier way for me to get my old phone stuff onto this phone since I had everything on my laptop. It was easy to just drop and drag it onto the card. I will however use the usb in the future since I have most everything I want on it for now.
    You run less of a risk of damaging the card by doing it this way as well.
    03-10-09 07:25 AM
    I was just having that problem with the 8GB memory card. I plugged it into the computer and it immediately asked me if I wanted to clean the errors on the disk. It did it and now it is working properly. In the future I would suggest using the eject option from the removable disk (F drive before disconnecting it from the cable.
    03-28-09 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD