Started it up and it looked beautiful. Put in my location and everything was going smoothly. Tested out yelp, clicked restaurants, and got 6 options and 6 options only, 2 of which have been shut down in the past 2 and 3 years respectively...can't read full reviews either.

There are 6 places listed in the App....167 on the actual yelp.com site which is, of course, not mobile friendly.

Oh well. I'll keep it for the Gas option if nothing else (Yes, Gas WILL go back up soon) and hope that this gets the few necessary upgrades soon.

Other than the few little annoying ticks though it looks and works great!
    03-05-09 02:27 PM
    Also, when you map things, it maps it on BB Maps (which I erased) instead of GMAPs
    03-05-09 02:29 PM
    Will this app ever be able to use GMAPS?
    03-05-09 02:51 PM
    how do you set your own location on Where? i go to set my location manually, type in my city and state, click enter and it comes up...we did not find any results for your search? very frusterating i cant set up my location. i dont live in boston
    03-05-09 02:56 PM
    Yeah, it's not that great.
    03-05-09 02:56 PM
    yeah... watched the video, and downloaded the program. It's a bit disappointing.

I tried the gas option, of which there is a Shell station across the street from the hotel... it doesn't show up in the gas listing, but the Shell station 2 miles away did show up. Not sure what that is, or if that's Where's issue or not.

Restaurant search was poor. Three entries for Chinese food on Where and pages of entries on Poynt. Hmm... I guess I can keep it for now.

I do like that you can hit the return button and exit out and the app appears to close. I prefer this over hitting the BB key, scrolling to find "exit" or "close" and pressing that. So it has it's good point!
    03-05-09 02:57 PM
    how do you set your own location on Where? i go to set my location manually, type in my city and state, click enter and it comes up...we did not find any results for your search? very frusterating i cant set up my location. i dont live in boston
    Use GPS (must have Google maps)

Interesting that to use the GPS you have to have google maps, but to map a location you need to have BBmaps. Seems off...
    03-05-09 03:05 PM
    I'm going back to using Poynt....
    03-05-09 03:08 PM
    This program started restarting my system every few min when it was on >.<
    03-05-09 03:09 PM
    Looked great I was excited for gas and traffic reports. Then I opened it and it made my BB reset. Twice. Hummmmmm
    03-05-09 03:09 PM
    I think when you first open yelp results, it shows the first few by distance, but you can search for more. I wish it would give all results within a x mile radius. Sure would help when you're out of town.
    03-05-09 03:16 PM
    Got an email from Where. It says:

"I'm Chrystie from Where. Unfortunalty BB Maps will be the only solution using Where.
    Sorry about that."

Chrystie
    @ccmaine

Kinda sucks.
    03-05-09 03:30 PM
    How do you add additional widgets ?
    03-05-09 03:46 PM
    as was alluded to, just search for a type of food or restaurant name and it seems to pick it up
    03-05-09 04:03 PM
    as was alluded to, just search for a type of food or restaurant name and it seems to pick it up
    Thanks. I'm keeping it as well as poynt for a trip that I'm going on on Sunday. We'll see which preforms better and go from there. If WHERE is more useful I'll deal with the little quirks till they're fixed (Which I'm sure they will be).

They're partnered with crackberry they said....so I have little doubt that they're monitoring the forums checking for complaints and what we need/want expanded on.
    03-05-09 04:08 PM
    Poynt is so much better than this. Where may look a little nicer but other than gas prices poynt does everything better!
    03-05-09 04:11 PM
    Poynt is so much better than this. Where may look a little nicer but other than gas prices poynt does everything better!
    Other than Weather, Traffic, Gas, News.....

lol

They're "close" but only in that they both do movies (eventually) and businesses.

Honestly, I wish I could just combine them lol.
    03-05-09 04:19 PM
    it seems really limited, maybe they will expand on it in the future...one could only hope
    03-05-09 04:39 PM
    once live search is made for the storm, we will be in good shape.

live search on my moto q was awesome. the best gas station results and current prices, excellent search results, results by gps and by your entry, excellent movie results, i easily bought tickets through it many times, great mapping, all around amazing app.

the issue is the bb version doesnt work on the storm, but i am sure it will soon. its a great app.

(live search and opera mini are two of my biggest apps i want made for the storm, the current opera mini is teh suck)
    03-05-09 05:04 PM
    Also reset my phone when I opened it. If they add Gmaps, which I see they don't plan on, its a winner. I'm still waiting for live search, loved it on my 6800
    03-05-09 05:18 PM
    I just deleted this from my phone. I don't want to reinstall BB Maps (which I didn't like) just to use Where. I'll stick with Poynt that works nicely with the Google Maps installed on my phone.
    03-05-09 05:42 PM
    I deleted too. Not worth it if GMAPS cannot be used.
    03-05-09 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD