Hi all. First time BlackBerry owner (Storm, which I absolutely love). You guys have been great in solving most of the questions I've had so far by searching the forums, but I haven't found a thread regarding this.

When I go to applications on my Storm, some of the ones I've installed, like Facebook, Flickr and Google Maps are in there. Others, like Opera, Where, Bank of America and Bolt are in the downloads folder. Is it up to each app developer that determines whether it appears in apps or downloads? And if so, is there a way to move them so I can simply go to applications to run them all?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'd really appreciate any help on the subject. Thanks!
    03-05-09 09:58 AM
    Highlight the app you want, press the menu key and select move to folder.
    03-05-09 10:01 AM
    that was easy. Thanks Derek!
    03-05-09 10:03 AM
    Here is a question along the line of organization. Does anyone know if there is a way to make a folder within a folder? I am running .109 so I am not sure if it's just an issue with this OS.

I would like to add some structure to my downloads..

Download Folder
    ----Games
    ----GPS related
    ----Finanical
    ----Etc

Any help with this problem of not being able to create a folder within a folder?

Thanks,
    Jamie
    03-05-09 11:36 AM
    Here is a question along the line of organization. Does anyone know if there is a way to make a folder within a folder? I am running .109 so I am not sure if it's just an issue with this OS.

I would like to add some structure to my downloads..

Download Folder
    ----Games
    ----GPS related
    ----Finanical
    ----Etc

Any help with this problem of not being able to create a folder within a folder?

Thanks,
    Jamie
    It's not a problem, per se, just something RIM has decided to not allow. You could create separate top level folders for Games/GPS/Fin/Etc if you want to separate apps.

In my opinion, the Downloads folder doesn't seem to be a good place for Apps to live.
    03-05-09 12:00 PM
    It's not a problem, per se, just something RIM has decided to not allow. You could create separate top level folders for Games/GPS/Fin/Etc if you want to separate apps.

In my opinion, the Downloads folder doesn't seem to be a good place for Apps to live.
    In that case, does that mean I need to do an additional step besides what Derek mentioned above? I moved the apps from downloads to apps, but is that moving the actual file itself, or just the shortcut to it?
    03-05-09 12:05 PM
    In that case, does that mean I need to do an additional step besides what Derek mentioned above? I moved the apps from downloads to apps, but is that moving the actual file itself, or just the shortcut to it?
    As far as I know, all the icons are merely shortcuts to the application on the device, and don't mean that the programs are actually installed in a Downloads or Applications directory.
    03-05-09 12:12 PM
    on the home screen with all icons showing. Press the blackberry menu button, then select Add Folder... from there you can name the folder games, financial, etc. etc.... and then go back into your app folder, highlight the app, select move to folder and select the new folder you just created... SIMPLE!
    03-05-09 12:16 PM
    If you want to change the default folder in which the applications are stored. Hit the Blackberry button in the main menu and go to Options. Not the Icon Options but the one under the menu. At the top you can change the Downloads Location.
    03-05-09 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD