165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

92 55.76%
  • No

32 19.39%
  • don't have it yet

41 24.85%
    Get WHERE on the 9500 / 9530 VIDEO POST

OTA LINK or direct url http://www.where.com/download/blackb...e_9500_1_0.jad

Follow @WHEREitsAT - on twitter for details & follow me @randydufour * shout out to @ccmaine

WHERE™ GPS Mobile Application, iPhone App & Location Based Services Development Platform
    OTA links only work with BB Browser & set your Options \ Browser Configuration \ Browser Identification to BLACKBERRY
    Once downloaded make sure you have Device Options \ Advanced Options \ GPS set to Location ON

WHERE is only in North America. For now...
    Get ready for a whole new experience. WHERE on the BlackBerry Storm is unlike anything you've seen before. New widgets, new layout and at-a-glance information about your local area are all available in WHERE's latest version designed for the BlackBerry Storm.

WHERE is a location based mobile application which provides handy information about places around you. WHERE on the BlackBerry Storm comes prepackaged with GasBuddy, Starbucks, Weather, News and Traffic.

New Contest to win $400 with today's launch

Haiku Contest! Win a BlackBerry Courtesy of Where and RIM | CrackBerry.comLearn more about WHERE for the BlackBerry Storm and find out how to enter to win one of your own !

In honor of the WHERE™ mobile application launching on the BlackBerry� Storm™ smartphone, WHERE has partnered with RIM�, CrackBerry.com, Pinstack.com & BlackBerry Cool to give away a free BlackBerry smartphone to one of its readers.

I know what you are thinking: free BlackBerry smartphone! Where do I sign up? The contest rules are easy. In haiku form, answer the question: WHERE is your BlackBerry smartphone right now? Leave it in the comments section of this post either in text or video format.

Top 10 haikus will be chosen by the WHERE team on March 11th. Then it's up to you, CrackBerry community, to vote for the winner. The winner will be notified via email on March 16th and will have a choice of a BlackBerry smartphone or Gift Card towards the BlackBerry store, value up to $400.

Haiku Contest! Win a BlackBerry Courtesy of Where and RIM | CrackBerry.com
    How to Score Additional Points:

Standard Haiku format is 3 lines of 5,7,5 syllables. Please adhere to this format, or your entry may be disqualified. Prime Numbers Rule!
    Get an A or B list celebrity to read your Haiku on video and automatically Win! Note, Gary Coleman does not count as an A or B list celebrity but will be admitted under the condition that he reads your haiku AND says, "Whatcha talking about Willis."
    Mention WHERE in your Haiku and automatically get a brownie point
    How are we determining the top 10? The ones that make us laugh the hardest. Simple enough, right?

To download Use the BB Browser - Set Browser Identification to BLACKBERRY & Visit WHERE.com
    If you're having trouble setting your location, try clearing the cache by clicking on the BB button on the Where home screen

I encourage you to send feedback to [email protected]
    Last edited by randydufour; 03-05-09 at 06:54 PM.
    03-05-09 07:51 AM
    Just downloaded it and played with it for a little bit.
    I like the interface alot. Very simple and clean.
    It didn't get my address exactly right. Right city, and state. But wrong road.

the gas station with the prices was pretty cool feature.

nice job
    03-05-09 08:07 AM
    how does this compare to poynt?
    03-05-09 08:10 AM
    Amazing app, like point but in a sense better especially when they have all parts of the application up. Great find! Thank You!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 08:12 AM
    I cannot set my location, no matter how many times I rephrase it

03-05-09 08:20 AM
    how does this compare to poynt?
    It has got a few more applications built right out of the box, and I believe WHERE is open to developers building new extensions. It does a great job with creating Favorites and I hope they they will be updating the app to include all available features soon.
    03-05-09 08:21 AM
    not al parts of the app are up and running.

news and movies are still unavailable

I like the look of this much better then poynt.
    03-05-09 08:22 AM
    I cannot set my location, no matter how many times I rephrase it

Make sure you have GPS - ON

OPTIONS / ADVANCED Options / GPS - Set GPS Services to LOCATION ON

Location Aiding Enabled

If use a program called 'Signal Loc' it can be found easy and tell you if your GPS is ON
    03-05-09 08:25 AM
    Great little app so far... I haven't tried the GPS yet as my building at work is not real GPS friendly... I set my location to my home address and it found the Gas prices around the house and such...

Great Find.
    03-05-09 08:30 AM
    Great app...found my location with current gas prices around my house
    03-05-09 08:35 AM
    Excellent App! Wondering about it's memory usage, seems like it MIGHT be a hog, BUT it also might be worth it (like Viigo for example). Too soon to say, but I will keep my eye on app memory usage, yea yea I'm one of THOSE fanatics.
    03-05-09 08:39 AM
    Once they get the Movie feature up and running, I will be removing Poynt from my phone. This is easily a top 3 application. Very well put together. It found my GPS location within a couple seconds and I was off and running. My only complaint is that the mapping feature takes a little too long to load. Great App!
    03-05-09 08:43 AM
    Wow this is a great app. I have been looking for the local gas prices in an app and this covers it plus. I think I will still keep point along with it because I like the yellow pages with it but this is very nice. Even shows photos of local restaraunts. I am surprised they get all this to fit in less than 500kb.

03-05-09 08:46 AM
    is this US only ?
    03-05-09 08:50 AM
    Is anyone else unable to get gas prices for in their area???

It finds starbucks for me, traffic, weather..but not gas prices.
    Last edited by missyzane; 03-05-09 at 08:58 AM. Reason: more info
    03-05-09 08:52 AM
    I like this much better than Poynt! I think it's better right out of the box than Poynt was as well, even with the News and Movies still to come.
    03-05-09 08:53 AM
    yellow pages "not found"??
    03-05-09 08:56 AM
    My GPS is on and it still won't find my location

03-05-09 09:08 AM
    doesn't seem ready for use yet...Poynt is much better, although, in time, this could be a useful app...just not yet. I'll stick with Poynt.
    03-05-09 09:16 AM
    My GPS is on as well and still wont find mine location either
    03-05-09 09:21 AM
    Well, I think it could be useful in time,but it still needs work. I absolutely love the look of this app..

However, Some things work, some do not. It almost found my location, was off by a street.

I'm going to leave this app on my storm and see what happens in the near future after a few updates.
    03-05-09 09:23 AM
    Works well for me havnt tried the gps function i set my location manually.
    03-05-09 09:25 AM
    Can anyone comment on the Yelp feature? Does this import Yelp reviews right into WHERE or does it go to the web browser to display them??
    03-05-09 09:31 AM
    I have my GPS on and enable aiding and the it still does not work...trapster is the same way
    03-05-09 09:33 AM
    My GPS is on as well and still wont find mine location either
    I encourage you to send feedback to [email protected]
    03-05-09 09:35 AM
127 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD