To anyone doubting whether or not to take the leap and go to Verizon with hopes of getting a replacement, just do it. I went in tonight told them that I wasn't happy with the quality of the clicking mechanism in the touch screen and the guy responded simply with "you've got backups? alright, I'll have you set up with a new phone in 10 minutes." Sure enough, I was out of the store in ten minutes with a brand new Storm with a seemingly perfect screen, so take the dive if you aren't 100% satisfied what should be a great piece of tech.
    03-04-09 07:29 PM
    That right there is the reason I stay loyal! Customer service is becoming extinct in society and it is refreshing to find it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 07:31 PM
    Verizon asked me to pass this message along to you:

Dear enzo100,

You're welcome.

Love,
    Verizon
    03-04-09 07:36 PM
    To anyone doubting whether or not to take the leap and go to Verizon with hopes of getting a replacement, just do it. I went in tonight told them that I wasn't happy with the quality of the clicking mechanism in the touch screen and the guy responded simply with "you've got backups? alright, I'll have you set up with a new phone in 10 minutes." Sure enough, I was out of the store in ten minutes with a brand new Storm with a seemingly perfect screen, so take the dive if you aren't 100% satisfied what should be a great piece of tech.
    Was this before or after the 30 days?
    03-04-09 07:38 PM
    I had mine replaced too, but it was after about 6 days that I had the phone... And... When I had Verizon before I got replacement phones whenever I had problems. They always treated me well, that's why I came back for this phone!
    03-04-09 07:51 PM
    i had to get on verizons a$$ for 2 weeks for a 50 dollar credit i was promised. you got lucky, verizon never works for me in terms of customer service. i always get some hoodrat flunky on the phone speaking ebonics.
    03-04-09 07:51 PM
    All devices come with a 1 year manufacturers warranty. I am on my 3rd Storm now, due to the "click" issue, and all I have had to do is take it back into a store and they have replaced it immediately.
    03-04-09 07:52 PM
    i had to get on verizons a$$ for 2 weeks for a 50 dollar credit i was promised. you got lucky, verizon never works for me in terms of customer service. i always get some hoodrat flunky on the phone speaking ebonics.
    ROFL.... hahahaaa, I remember Sprint was pretty ghetto like that back in early 2000's when their customer service was absolute crap.

03-04-09 09:00 PM
    Do you pay your bill? Lol

03-05-09 01:53 AM
    What is "ebonics?"
    03-05-09 01:57 AM
    This will definitely not end well!

What is "ebonics?"
    03-05-09 02:29 AM
    oh lol this is good
    03-05-09 02:31 AM
    You sound like such a pleasant person, I don't understand why they wouldn't be tripping over themselves trying to assist you. You treat people like dirt, you will be treated like dirt.
    03-05-09 03:26 AM
    I have been with Verizon for over 6 years now. Everytime I deal with them they literally blow me away with customer service. I'm not just talking about my local store either, I've reguarly visited three different store locations plus tons and tons of phone calls for various support issues (I usually take care of my mom's, sisters, and friend's cell phone/plan issues).

Most recently, I upgrated to my fist BB and got the Storm. For about a week straight I was in the store everyday (sometimes twice a day) looking at phones, cases, docks, changing my plan around etc (my roommate also was deciding on a BB storm).

My friend let me use one of the upgrades on his line so I could get the phone and that was a CONFUSING process but they seemed like they bent over backwards to make sure I got everything I needed. Plus after all that was done I wanted to give my sister my old phone.

Sorry for being long winded, but they have certainly earned my business and I don't ever plan on going elsewhere.

03-05-09 07:20 AM
    This will definitely not end well!
    LOL LOL LOL
    03-05-09 08:52 AM
    I think customer service depends on what store you go to.
    03-05-09 08:59 AM
    Verizon does have great customer service. That Microsoft Word is worth saving hahaha

03-05-09 08:59 AM
    The key for me to have a good CS experience with VZW is to call rather than go to the store.
    03-05-09 09:01 AM
    I love Verizon's customer service. I'm greeted by name in my local store. If I call, I get prompt, courteous support. I get followup phone calls as well. I'm not a business user either. Just 5 lines on a family plan (2 Storms now thanks to the BOGO being retroactive).

That BOGO on the Storm being made retroactive said LOTS to me about customer satisfaction. I could understand them doing that for those who'd just purchased the Storm right before the offer was made or something, but to go back and offer it to every Storm purchaser from November 21st? WOW! 4 months of retroactive days to make good on. That is just unheard of these days. Yes, it will make money for them and that's why they do it. They are a business and that's what they are supposed to do when they provide a service.

I've been with them for almost 5 years (and 8 with Vodafone in the UK before that) and don't plan on going anywhere else.
    03-05-09 09:07 AM
    I've had nothing but good customer service experiences with VZW. In store, on the phone, whatever. They've always done right by me.

That said, I'm not one to ask for unreasonable things. It seems like most of the complaints about Verizon (and many other carriers) come after someone asks for the world and is denied. Verizon, along with every other carrier, has some bad CSRs. But they certainly seem to have more good CSRs than bad.
    03-05-09 09:08 AM
    Ebonics=slang. Its the proper word for it.

Though I would like to point out to the person that wrote it that ghetto and ebonics don't always go hand in hand.

What is "ebonics?"
    03-05-09 09:49 AM
    I will give Verizon Customer Service 2000 stars out of 10. Yes, do that math...
    03-05-09 10:01 AM
    a csr I talked to on the tech support line was prolly the nicest person I have ever talked on a support line.
    She answers the phone with "and whom do I have the pleasure of speaking with this morning?" you could hear the 'smile in her voice.'
    wow.
    03-05-09 10:23 AM
    When i had the Razor a few years ago i was having so many problem they upgraded me to the new at the time Chocolate, then when i got sick of that they allowed me to upgrade to the 8830WE with a $50 rebate way before i was eligible for an upgrade. The reps are always friendly, and respectful.

It also helps to be a merit customer cuz you get 25% off of all acessories
    03-05-09 10:40 AM
    Ebonics=slang. Its the proper word for it.

Though I would like to point out to the person that wrote it that ghetto and ebonics don't always go hand in hand.
    Actually, ebonics has a far more specific meaning than "slang". (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebonics)

Interestingly, the word ebonics does not appear in the Oxford English dictionary and has only been in use since the 1970's.
    03-05-09 12:30 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD