Followed the tutorial in the **Updated** How to back up 3rd party apps thread and when I go to restore the apps on my replacement today it says there are no updates for this device. Do I need to change the file name to match my new pin?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

john
    03-04-09 07:26 PM
    Followed the tutorial in the **Updated** How to back up 3rd party apps thread and when I go to restore the apps on my replacement today it says there are no updates for this device. Do I need to change the file name to match my new pin?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

john
    If you have changed devices you should use the switch device feature in Desktop manager.
    03-04-09 07:29 PM
    Will this work with only one USB cable?
    03-04-09 08:05 PM
    Yes, its the same principal. It will back up everything from the first device. Prompt for the new one to be connected and restore to it.
    03-04-09 08:10 PM
    Went ahead and tried it, impatient, I know. Unfortunately, I had no luck restoring my 3rd party apps or my theme. Which is odd because after I wiped my handheld in an attempt to resolve the issue of the camera not working the restore method stated in the thread I mentioned earlier worked perfectly.

Thanks for you help, pl.
    03-04-09 08:13 PM
    Ok, I am getting the "no additional applications designed for your device were found" message. I have made sure the OS is installed on the PC and tried again to no avail. I would certainly appreciate any other insights. Thanks!
    03-05-09 06:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD