I have tried numerous times you use my bold as a modem on my computer and it never works. I have windows vista and I have a bold on the AT&T network. Any tips or information would be very helpful.
    03-04-09 08:32 AM
    Try searching the forums here with key words "bold" and "tethering"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 10:06 AM
    Has anyone figured out how to do this yet???
    03-04-09 12:48 PM
    Yes, try searching "bold" and "tethered".

03-04-09 12:50 PM
    I got it to successfully tether using the USB cable and my laptop. It's great when you are in a bind and need internet access but keep in mind there is a 5GB cap on data usage so use it sparingly, otherwise you'll be hit with a huge bill.
    03-04-09 02:29 PM
    I have tried numerous times you use my bold as a modem on my computer and it never works. I have windows vista and I have a bold on the AT&T network. Any tips or information would be very helpful.
    On my curve you had to have the thering plan on and download the att communication
    Manager. Haven't tried it with my bold yet but I'm sure its similer/same

03-04-09 02:52 PM
    There is a way around an offical tethering plan as the other forum discussions have stated and that is what I have been doing, sparingly of course. I don't see it worth paying an extra $20.00 a month on top of the $30.00 a month BB Data Plan.
    03-04-09 03:06 PM
    Last I saw tethering + bold + mac was not working on BB OS .2xx

Does anyone have any new insight on this?
    03-04-09 03:24 PM
    You can also Tether it via BT Modem. I don't really need it except when on vacation/business trips, so I tried it for a day, and will wait to see what the data charges are.
    03-04-09 03:25 PM
    You can also Tether it via BT Modem. I don't really need it except when on vacation/business trips, so I tried it for a day, and will wait to see what the data charges are.
    That is what I could not figure out is how to tether using Bluetooth. Any help on this would great.
    03-04-09 04:01 PM
    That is what I could not figure out is how to tether using Bluetooth. Any help on this would great.
    I would love to but replying on here is too time consuming, and generally anyone whom I tried to help before just simply isn't committed and ends up using their USB anyway.

Works fine either way but I find having less wires is a blessing.
    03-04-09 04:11 PM
    Definitely understandable, thanks for letting me know anyway.
    03-04-09 04:14 PM
    I would love to but replying on here is too time consuming, and generally anyone whom I tried to help before just simply isn't committed and ends up using their USB anyway.
    If they're not committed enough to find the CB FAQ thread on the subject they don't deserve any help beyond the URL.
    03-04-09 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD