I sent and email to see if I was going to get a reply from Dan himself but that didnt happen, I tried hard to to get some answers people

Hello Dan, I have been with Sprint on and off for the last 10 years at
    first didn't like it but now I love it, but the last 3 years I have had
    a blackberry and for some crazy reason Sprint has been the last person
    in the car as far as new blackberry phones are concerned, I am giving
    Sprint 3 months to tell me some news about a new blackberry or have a
    better upgrade to my 8830, if you want to see how many customers really
    want a new Blackberry go to http://forums.crackberry.com/f70 and read
    what they have to say honestly I don't think the Pre is the answer but
    those HTC phones are really nice, I am gone to verizon in 3 months
    Sent from my BlackBerry� smartphone with SprintSpeed

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting us at [email protected]. I will forward your
    comments about the Blackberry phones we offer on to the appropriate
    group for consideration. Your feedback is appreciated to help us improve
    our products, services and overall customer experience.

If you have any questions or concerns about your account in the future,
    please feel free to contact me at 757-223-3138 or via email for faster
    response.

Thank you again for contacting Sprint. We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,
    Shanti A.
    Sprint
    757-223-3138

WTF!!!
    03-03-09 11:08 PM
    I can tell you one thing. Making "threats" and copping an attitude like that is NOT the way to go. If I was replying to that email my response would have been.

"Thanks for being our customer, dont let the door hit you................."

Its all about approach and how you talk to them. making threats to leave (which they hear daily) isnt going to get anything done.

IMHO
    03-03-09 11:31 PM
    .....what did you expect?
    03-03-09 11:31 PM
    I can tell you one thing. Making "threats" and copping an attitude like that is NOT the way to go. If I was replying to that email my response would have been.

Its all about approach and how you talk to them. making threats to leave (which they hear daily) isnt going to get anything done.

IMHO
    lol.. the irony of your proposed response to an email like that shouldnt escape most people.. but likely will

cheers
    03-04-09 12:08 AM
    I really wanted to see if Dan was going to reply, lol, I have made threats to leave Sprint on here many times, but I dont think I have the guts to do it, ever since I had the everything plan its impossible for Sprint to mess my bill up, so I never have to call them anymore unless I am running late paying my bill
    03-04-09 12:32 AM

IMHO
    I do tech support for commercial customers for a telecomm co, and take it from me...the canned response you got there is a lot nicer than the response you would have gotten from me....

-R0b
    03-04-09 02:32 PM
    Usually when sprint gets new phones all the bugs have been worked out (I.e. Non exclusives). Let verizon get their phones first. They are the sprint beta testers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 02:45 PM
    I sent and email to see if I was going to get a reply from Dan himself but that didnt happen, I tried hard to to get some answers people

Hello Dan, I have been with Sprint on and off for the last 10 years at
    first didn't like it but now I love it, but the last 3 years I have had
    a blackberry and for some crazy reason Sprint has been the last person
    in the car as far as new blackberry phones are concerned, I am giving
    Sprint 3 months to tell me some news about a new blackberry or have a
    better upgrade to my 8830, if you want to see how many customers really
    want a new Blackberry go to http://forums.crackberry.com/f70 and read
    what they have to say honestly I don't think the Pre is the answer but
    those HTC phones are really nice, I am gone to verizon in 3 months
    Sent from my BlackBerry� smartphone with SprintSpeed

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting us at [email protected]. I will forward your
    comments about the Blackberry phones we offer on to the appropriate
    group for consideration. Your feedback is appreciated to help us improve
    our products, services and overall customer experience.

If you have any questions or concerns about your account in the future,
    please feel free to contact me at 757-223-3138 or via email for faster
    response.

Thank you again for contacting Sprint. We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,
    Shanti A.
    Sprint
    757-223-3138

WTF!!!
    His emails are answered by a small team that report directly to him.
    03-04-09 06:51 PM
    Usually when sprint gets new phones all the bugs have been worked out (I.e. Non exclusives). Let verizon get their phones first. They are the sprint beta testers.

Oiy, again... Verizon is not "beta testers" for Sprint. They have completely different OS restrictions/non-restrictions, customizations and even worse, hardware (sometimes)... Their bugs are generally not Sprint's bugs to begin with. So they are fixing things that generally have no impact on a Sprint phone...
    03-04-09 06:58 PM
    His emails are answered by a small team that report directly to him.
    I wonder how many people think this email address is actually his. It goes back to a marketing group. Issues get forwarded to care or other appropriate group and spam gets a canned response and forgotten.
    03-06-09 01:05 AM
    You're right. Try this email instead. [email protected] I sent one to it concerning visual voicemail, included my phone number and got a call from his team THAT AFTERNOON.
    03-06-09 04:04 AM
    Woah, have you tried the 8330 Curve?! That IS the upgrade to the 8830! If you don't like the curve then wait for the next one. Isn't it supposed to be the Niagra?

03-06-09 07:02 AM
    Woah, have you tried the 8330 Curve?! That IS the upgrade to the 8830! If you don't like the curve then wait for the next one. Isn't it supposed to be the Niagra?

8830 owners typically (emphasis on "typically") got them because they needed some of the specific features of the 8830....and generally the 8830 is aimed towards business users while the 8330 was more mainstream consumer market based. I'm very hesitant to drop my 8830 for an 8330 simply because it's not really an upgrade for me....and I can imagine that's the case for many users.
    03-06-09 07:24 AM
    Personally I would have replied back where you could stick your letter and your threats.
    03-07-09 03:14 AM

The 8330 is NOT the upgrade from the 8830 -- as the 8830 is a World Edition phone. Unfortunately for those consumers who need the WE features, the 8330 will not work for them. The Niagra may be a WE featured phone, combined with the features of the 8330 as well, which would be awesome! But I can see where the 8830 WE consumers are getting a bit antsy for a new phone!
    03-07-09 09:33 PM
    Ok how many people with the 8830 are traveling around the world on a regular basis though? What native features does it have that the 8330 doesn't other than being able to roam on other networks?

03-07-09 10:54 PM
    Ok how many people with the 8830 are traveling around the world on a regular basis though? What native features does it have that the 8330 doesn't other than being able to roam on other networks?

Let me say again, I was simply correcting the fact that the 8330 is not an upgrade for an 8830 due to the fact that world wide roaming isn't available on the 8330. It doesn't matter how often they are traveling the world on a regular basis, what matters is the capability is there, and that fulfills the 8830 users needs. It may not matter to YOU, but those users who purchased an 8830 had a reason/purpose for doing so. Hopefully the new Niagra will have world wide roaming, if not, then hopefully Sprint has something in the works for these consumers.
    03-07-09 11:25 PM
    Mr. Hesse,

First let me start by saying that I have been a Nextel customer for nearly ten years. I've almost always had direct connect, it is the only means I communicate with my wife, brother, father, in-laws and many friends and co-workers. It has always been a great way to communicate quickly and briefly, very functional if working on the road, trying to complete a honey do list for the wife, or stuck on the roof after the ladder has fallen to the ground (been there).

Ever since Sprint and Nextel merged, Nextel has been tossed to the back seat, nay the trunk of the car. I follwed the revolution to smartphones with everyone else and their brothers with the 8350i a little over a year ago and have been welcomed with slow internet, minimal Operating System Upgrades, and technicians that don't know a PTT button from their belly button. I've recently decided that the being the red-headed step child to Sprint wasn't worth keeping Direct Connect (that often freezes mid-conversation) and inquired on an HTC Hero/EVO. I was promised a free upgrade for my woes, after a month of calling, techs not calling back when promised, and me following up where they failed I had success and was about to purchase a HTC Hero, hopeing to ease my slow internet/dropped call woes. To my dismay the telesales tech informed me that the Hero and EVO with the rest of Sprint phones are CDMA, and I live in an area that only provides IDEN coverage. When I mentioned to the sales rep that I would not like to upgrade, and would likely change carriers if support for the 8350i didn't improve by the time my plan ended he then proceeded to try to sell me new lines of service.

This is a plee, to stop treating the IDEN network users like ugly malformed child that you keep locked in the basement. We are not ugly, despite our extra button (PTT) give us the support that we deserve, and maintain the 'Now Network' the way you like to promote it to be.

Thanks,

Gooch14
    07-20-10 08:52 AM
    Personally I would have replied back where you could stick your letter and your threats.
    I feel the love!
    07-20-10 11:02 AM
    Mr. Hesse,

First let me start by saying that I have been a Nextel customer for nearly ten years. I've almost always had direct connect, it is the only means I communicate with my wife, brother, father, in-laws and many friends and co-workers. It has always been a great way to communicate quickly and briefly, very functional if working on the road, trying to complete a honey do list for the wife, or stuck on the roof after the ladder has fallen to the ground (been there).

Ever since Sprint and Nextel merged, Nextel has been tossed to the back seat, nay the trunk of the car. I follwed the revolution to smartphones with everyone else and their brothers with the 8350i a little over a year ago and have been welcomed with slow internet, minimal Operating System Upgrades, and technicians that don't know a PTT button from their belly button. I've recently decided that the being the red-headed step child to Sprint wasn't worth keeping Direct Connect (that often freezes mid-conversation) and inquired on an HTC Hero/EVO. I was promised a free upgrade for my woes, after a month of calling, techs not calling back when promised, and me following up where they failed I had success and was about to purchase a HTC Hero, hopeing to ease my slow internet/dropped call woes. To my dismay the telesales tech informed me that the Hero and EVO with the rest of Sprint phones are CDMA, and I live in an area that only provides IDEN coverage. When I mentioned to the sales rep that I would not like to upgrade, and would likely change carriers if support for the 8350i didn't improve by the time my plan ended he then proceeded to try to sell me new lines of service.

This is a plee, to stop treating the IDEN network users like ugly malformed child that you keep locked in the basement. We are not ugly, despite our extra button (PTT) give us the support that we deserve, and maintain the 'Now Network' the way you like to promote it to be.

Thanks,

Gooch14
    I don't know how you can say something like that. I mean, iDEN is finally getting an Android phone. And it's running 1.5, so I think you are completely wrong in your assessment that Nextel users are left in the trunk.

Wait....1.5???HAHA man, Sprint must hate you guys!

J/K. I hear what your saying man. Good luck (seriously). If there was a better iDEN lineup, I'd give it some thought.
    07-20-10 11:20 AM
    do people typically get a phone call in reply to the email? cause I did. How Ironic is it that it went straight to voicemail
    07-20-10 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD