There has got to be an easy way to do this, but I can't figure it out, so if someone knows how and can enlighten me, I would really appreciate it!

I take a lot of conference calls on my 8830, many of them while I am driving. The issue I have is, most of the calls require the call in # dialed, and then a passcode. I can dial the call in # directly from the calendar entry, but I haven't figured out how to copy the passcode and paste it into the phone app. So invariably, I go back to the calendar entry, try to remmebr the passcode, and then go back to the phone app and dial it in manually. This is not only error prone, but dangerous while driving as well.

Please tell me there is a better way.
    02-06-08 10:03 AM
    What I would do is to program the conderence code number into the phone before driving. You can also program pauses. This will allow you to dial the conference call number - add a pause - then have the passcode entered for you. Further more you can set a speed dial like C (for conference call). All you have to do then ic press C (for about 2 seconds) and everything will take over for you.
    02-06-08 02:53 PM
    Please excuse my typos! Typing with one hand due to elbow surgery.

Conderence = Conference
    ic = is
    02-06-08 02:55 PM
    I COPIED AND PASTED THE FOLLOWING FOR YOU, ITS FROM**:
    juwaack68
    CrackBerry Abuser
    Device Model: 8130 (BIS) & 8830 (BES)
    Carrier: Sprint
    PIN: Nu-uh

**HERE IS WHAT SHE WROTE:

I have a speed dial created for my work voicemail. You can follow the same steps, obviously substituting your vmail number (don't call your number, call the access or 'back door' number). Here's how:

1. Create a new contact in your BB Address Book and give it any name.

2. In one of the phone fields, put in the access number for the system, and then use the Add Pause function (click wheel or menu key and then click Add Pause), your extension number, and your password as you would enter it if you called in manually. For example, let's say my access number is 800-123-4567, my extension is 9874, and my password is 5612. Here's what my entry would look like:

8001234567p*p9874#pp5612#

Make sure you don't actually type in the letter 'p' - need to make sure you use 'Add Pause'.

- Each pause is 2 seconds.
    - My system requires the * to log in
    - My system requires a # after the extension and password

3. Save the Address Book contact and go to the main screen.

4. To assign to a Speed Dial key, press and hold whatever key you want to use. Should get a prompt to 'Assign a Spped Dial to...'. Click Yes.

5. Find the contact you created above, highlight it, click the Menu button, and click 'Add Speed Dial to.....'

This allows me to call into my voicemail and get all the way logged into the system with 1 touch of a button.
    02-06-08 04:22 PM
    Oh hi,

I was searching for this solution too. I found out that if you put an x (for extension) it works from the calendar. ie

123-456-7890 x22345#

Now I believe there is a setting for the delay of x...anyone know?

-Glen
    02-18-08 11:14 PM
    Oh hi again...
    The answer to extension pause length was in the manual...go figure....

Set options for dialing extensions
    1. In the phone, press the Menu key.
    2. Click Options.
    3. Click Smart Dialing.
    4. In the Number field, type the main phone number for an organization.
    5. Set how long the BlackBerry� device waits before dialing an extension.
    6. In the Extension Length field, set the default length for extensions.
    7. Press the Menu key.
    8. Click Save.
    02-18-08 11:22 PM
    Try this application to solve this problem:

BlackBerry App World - DialMeIn

Let me know if it helps you!
    01-17-11 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD