I am a new curve owner and am having issues with twitpic. I've downloaded twitterberry and that works fine, however when I go to an image I've taken and try and send it to twitpic is just says "sending to twitpic".

Can anyone help with this problem???

Thanks and sorry if this is a repeat thread!
    03-03-09 02:23 PM
    I believe twitterberry has been having problems with twitpic. You're better off emailing it to your twitpic address.
    03-03-09 02:29 PM
    Sending pics that you took with your 8900 cam (remember, it's a 3.2 MegaPixel camera) can take quite a while when you're on GRPS/EDGE. Are you connected to WiFi when trying to send a pic?

The 8900 pics create files that are between 200 and 600 KB in size.
    If you haven't tried yet, connect to a WiFi network and then try sending the pic again.
    03-03-09 02:34 PM
    Sending pics that you took with your 8900 cam (remember, it's a 3.2 MegaPixel camera) can take quite a while when you're on GRPS/EDGE. Are you connected to WiFi when trying to send a pic?

The 8900 pics create files that are between 200 and 600 KB in size.
    If you haven't tried yet, connect to a WiFi network and then try sending the pic again.
    Just tried that...I'm on wifi when I'm at home but it just says "sending to twitpic". Thanks for your help though
    03-03-09 02:52 PM
    It's a bug in the Twitterberry program. It doesn't have to do with the speed of your phone.

Just add your Twitpic email address to your contacts and send pictures that way.
    03-03-09 03:20 PM
    Change your setting in twitterberry to TCP and it will work.
    03-10-09 11:12 PM
    i was having the same problem and switching it to TCP worked like charm
    03-10-09 11:34 PM
    good stuff.
    03-11-09 03:34 AM
    I had the same problem but found that emialing works best for me. Even if it's only on gprs because it's in the back ground doesn't cause me any problems.
    03-11-09 04:24 AM
    yay! it works now! thankssssss!!!
    05-11-09 07:10 PM
    I had the same problem but found that emialing works best for me. Even if it's only on gprs because it's in the back ground doesn't cause me any problems.
    i've tried both with wifi & gprs and it worked for me as long as you change the CONNECTION MODE: TCP. took about 10 secs to update my twitpic.
    05-11-09 07:14 PM
    Sweet! I was having the same issue and changing it to TCP fixed it. What other things will be affected by changing it to TCP, if any? What is TCP anyway?
    05-11-09 07:22 PM
    You can get a program in the AppWorld thing called iTookThisOnMyPhone. Twitter is one of the locations you can send pics too.....just a suggestion.
    05-11-09 11:52 PM
    It’s still not working for me. I get the following pop-up message:

Could not contact Twitter. Try another connection method.
    Last edited by mkonline; 05-12-09 at 07:56 AM.
    05-12-09 03:58 AM
    I have the same question as crackberryangie, what other things are affected by changing the Connection Mode to TCP?
    05-13-09 07:20 AM
    I have the same question as crackberryangie, what other things are affected by changing the Connection Mode to TCP?
    nothing really.. it;s just a direct connection to your TCP (Transmission Control Protocol) it;s a higher end process that has to do with transferring etc..this would only effect twitterberry anyway if u only change it in the app config.

i set the APN for rogers in my Advanced options --> TCP/IP, which is "internet.com" which also does nothing from a user's stand point.

using twitterberry is 10 times faster then emailing it for sure
    Last edited by knowledge_6; 05-13-09 at 11:14 AM.
    05-13-09 11:10 AM
    I'm also a UK user (O2) and am having the same problem. I downloaded the latest Beta Twitterberry version but it wouldn't send pictures no matter what settings i tried.
    I downgraded to the older more stable version and sometimes it sends to twitpic no problem,and other times it just hangs up saying 'sending your image to Twitpic'

I have a twitpic email address set up to use if i cant send thru Twitterberry.

I will change the connection settings to TCP....see if that makes any difference..
    05-13-09 11:56 AM
    Yeah, what's tcp?
    05-13-09 12:00 PM
    Yeah, I sent it via email to Twitpic anyways. I think its faster. I mean, if you got twitterberry you must have internet. Than you must have email. lol.
    05-13-09 12:01 PM
    Nope.....TCP made no difference at all!!
    05-13-09 12:16 PM
    Nope.....TCP made no difference at all!!
    some things i tried that made it work

1) change config to TCP in twitterberry
    2) make sure your media hosting service is set to "Twitpic"
    3) change your TCP/IP APN to your carrier's APN (no password etc needed)
    4) change your camera options to Medium & fine (not large & superfine)
    5) battery pull after all this is setup
    6) if all this doesnt work.. uninstall twitterberry fully and reinstall

this got it to work... it took me half a day to do trial and error to get it to work

for O2 the settings are:

O2 GPRS settings (Email/Web): Homepage: http://pda.o2.co.uk/
    APN address: mobile.o2.co.uk
    Username: mobileweb
    Password: password

try without password and username first

for others here is a list of all Carriers: (From modmyGphone.com) for android phones but APN settings are carrier specific not device specific (99.9% of the time)

Carrier APN Settings - ModMyGPhone Wiki

PS twitterberry is must faster sending pics.. it takes me over 2mins to email it sometimes.. it takes less then 20 seconds to send it through twitterberry.. or else i wouldn't of spent so much time trying to get it to work..
    05-13-09 12:49 PM
    knowledge_6,

I changed the APN address to mobile.o2.co.uk with no password or username and it seemed to work.....will i incur any extra charges by doing this??
    05-13-09 03:38 PM
    I wish I'd known that. That was the reason I started using UberTwitter. Now, I can't go back to TB, UT is so much better.
    05-13-09 03:52 PM
    I believe twitterberry has been having problems with twitpic. You're better off emailing it to your twitpic address.
    yep thats what i do
    05-13-09 04:39 PM
    knowledge_6,

I changed the APN address to mobile.o2.co.uk with no password or username and it seemed to work.....will i incur any extra charges by doing this??
    nope you shouldn't.. the APN is what the BB uses anyway.. it;s just that now your telling it to use it all the time no matter what instead of looking for another route.. to put into simple terms..

u can call O2 and ask them to make sure.. but i don't get charged extra
    05-13-09 10:09 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD