Has anyone else noticed or experienced this??

I can vouch that my Storm seems snappier and more responsive in general with a custom theme (I first noticed this on the Appleberry theme, im now running the HD CB 2.0) than with the default Precision Zen loaded.

Navigation is much smoother and there is no delay in selecting/clicking icons, its just so much better!

Thoughts?
    03-02-09 12:30 PM
    So you have tried it on a few different themes and the end result is somewhat the same? Very curious... I wouldn't think the theme itself would have much bearing at all on the load of the device... Crazy... I am going to have to give it a try.
    03-02-09 12:40 PM
    I was running the CB birthday theme and it slowed the **** out of my phone... ridiculously slow.
    03-02-09 12:44 PM
    Yeah my phone is strange, alot of things people reported in the past that slowed down their phone didnt affect mine anywhere nearly as much, if at all.

Like the Appleberry theme for instance, some people had massive problems with it, only thing it did to my phone was keep the App Memory below 25mb when before it would be around 35mb. Even still it ran flawlessly, and the bouncing icons were awesome
    03-02-09 12:47 PM
    Ya I tried out the cb theme too and it lagged me quite a bit

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 12:47 PM
    you have to use a theme for a couple hours at least and then it runs very smoothly

a batt pull after that and all is well
    03-02-09 01:00 PM
    hmm very odd i did the futuristic theme and it slowed my phone down looootttttt and ive been using it for a few days. just switched back to the original
    03-02-09 01:04 PM
    my experience was the exact opposite. so much so that I had to delete all themse and go back to zen. I tried several iphone clones and the CB birthday theme. all were very slow on my phone.
    03-02-09 01:31 PM
    wow, so my storm is an anomaly here??
    03-02-09 01:41 PM
    Mine slowed down a lot while using the android theme and the appleberry theme.
    03-02-09 01:43 PM
    Mine slowed down a lot while using the android theme and the appleberry theme.
    actually, i second that

the android theme was buggy and slowed mine down a little too
    otherwise, im good
    03-02-09 01:53 PM
    CSlave, my phone is the same way. I have been using Appleberry and Grungy Gant... went back to Precision Zen over the weekend to see how it affected battery life and app memory and it has been lagging a ton. I'm heading back to some themes!
    03-02-09 01:55 PM
    I'm not finding much change when I use a a custom theme. Maybe just me??
    03-02-09 01:58 PM
    any and all theme i use always ends up slower on my storm than the factory theme =(
    03-02-09 02:41 PM
    Nope. Every theme I tried had the effect of slowing the phone and eating away at my memory as the day wore on. Probably something that will improve when Plazmic gets a final release.....or I hope so. Until then I've removed all themes and have gone back to just using the Zen that came on the Storm. Zipping right along and no appreciable drop in memory all day so far. Guess I value function over form in this case.
    03-02-09 02:47 PM
    I'm currently running appleberry and haven't noticed any lag or excessive battery drain whatsoever. I cant say ive tried switching back though, so maybe im just used to it.
    03-02-09 02:48 PM
    I tried appleberry and grungy gant, and mine slowed to a halt. app space was falling from 38mb to 3-4 in one days use. I use my phone A LOT, but with factory theme and same apps, i can get a lot more use out of my BB.
    03-02-09 03:18 PM
    The only theme that I've tried that has not slowed down my OS is the New Zen theme with the sliding dock.
    That one's awesome, every other theme killed my memory.
    03-02-09 03:22 PM
    I've found themes eating memory and with .109 after five hours my memory is zero.

03-02-09 03:48 PM
    The only theme that I've tried that has not slowed down my OS is the New Zen theme with the sliding dock.
    That one's awesome, every other theme killed my memory.
    Which one is that?

And I'm glad to hear a few others are running fine on custom themes too!

03-02-09 03:59 PM
    Ditto! Major lag here too with themes.

my experience was the exact opposite. so much so that I had to delete all themse and go back to zen. I tried several iphone clones and the CB birthday theme. all were very slow on my phone.
    03-02-09 04:12 PM
    I Use the "Real iBerry Blocks Custom L" which is the best theme I ever bought... This is by far the fastest theme (even faster then Zen) I stay well above average in mem and havent lagged...maybe you guys should check it out...?
    03-03-09 03:53 AM
    I am running Birthday theme, and that damn clock pops when I click on something, and it takes about 15 seconds. Also, my phone started actually freezing when I loaded the new theme on. Sounds weird. But if you thinks it is faster, then congrats to you. My phone will always be faster then an Iphone. Lol
    03-03-09 04:44 AM
    The futuristic theme lagged my phone silly. Was noticable from the second it replaced the stock theme. But I slogged through it. The CB birthday theme was better but laggy as well.

Now I have the Dark theme. Can't really say I notice a difference from the stock theme in speed or performance.
    03-03-09 07:30 AM
    Yes I did check this with some other theme! When I installed appleberry glass my typing lag in these forums dramatically improved! Great benefit!

03-03-09 09:35 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD