Good morning fellow crack addicts,

I have installed several beta copies of the 4.5 OS on my 8310 and most recently the official version from at&t. All of these installs happened without a glitch since I am familiar with the removal of the vendor file. When I installed the official version, I left the vendor file in because it came from my vendor!

Fast forward to yesterday.... I decided to install the official release (4.5 from 4.3) to my wife's 8110 Pearl. After attempting to install the official at&t version I received a notice of failure. This of course, put me into the endless re-boot cycle which required me to try and re-load the OS by skipping the desktop manager and using the app loader. I am familiar with the "you have to plug it in the second it recognizes the USB:Unknown port."

After several attempts.......No joy. At this point I removed the desktop manager and 4.5 8110 OS from my computer. Downloaded and re-installed the desktop manager, re-booted my computer and downloaded the ROGERS version instead. Deleted the vendor.xml file and it still doesn't work!

So it occurred to me that the something was wrong with the initial root commands that get the unit to start up. So........I reloaded/downgraded back to the 4.3 OS and wallaaa! It works again!

So.....That being said.....Is it not possible to load the "official at&t 4.5?" What gives? Anybody else run into the same problem?

Thanks for ANY help!

-Jeff-
    03-02-09 10:57 AM
    Why not try deleting the vendor.xml file anyway and see if that works?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 12:35 PM
    I did try deleting the vendor file and it still didn't work. And really, I shouldn't have to delete that file from an official release! Or should I?!

-Jeff-
    03-02-09 12:40 PM
    I have the pearl 8110 on at&t and have tried at least 15 times to update to the newest OS offered from at&t and blackberry, it bricks everytime, I have tried everything, and my only hope is waiting for blackberry to release a new OS for it. I don't even know how to contact blackberry to see if they even realize this is a problem. Basically no matter what directions I follow. I get the error Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation. half way through the update everytime... no way around it. i've seen no fix to this, and others out there have the same problems as well. and have given up just like me, and eventually you. best hope is to contact blackberry somehow. after it bricks it, the only way to get your phone back is to install the 4.3 OS..
    03-02-09 02:10 PM
    I have AT&T and got the 4,5 OS from them and it worked perfectly. No problems at all with the install.

03-02-09 02:36 PM
    what version of Desktop Manager Are you using? Try using 4.6 and see if that makes a difference.
    03-02-09 02:43 PM
    Just curious is this the latest official release http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/new...guage-116835/?
    03-02-09 03:14 PM
    I have the pearl 8110 on at&t and have tried at least 15 times to update to the newest OS offered from at&t and blackberry, it bricks everytime, I have tried everything, and my only hope is waiting for blackberry to release a new OS for it. I don't even know how to contact blackberry to see if they even realize this is a problem. Basically no matter what directions I follow. I get the error Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation. half way through the update everytime... no way around it. i've seen no fix to this, and others out there have the same problems as well. and have given up just like me, and eventually you. best hope is to contact blackberry somehow. after it bricks it, the only way to get your phone back is to install the 4.3 OS..

Hello again all,

I am using the 4.6 DM w/o Media and pulled the current release (mulitlanguage) off the website, but still to no avail!

Pearl....You seem to have hit it on the head. Maybe this is my "nudge" to hand off my 8310 to the wife and go get that Bold she keeps telling me I can't have!

-Jeff-
    03-02-09 03:27 PM
    Hello again all,

I am using the 4.6 DM w/o Media and pulled the current release (mulitlanguage) off the website, but still to no avail!

Pearl....You seem to have hit it on the head. Maybe this is my "nudge" to hand off my 8310 to the wife and go get that Bold she keeps telling me I can't have!

-Jeff-

God I want the bold so badly. But no job and unemployment can't afford to buy it. But damnit I want 3g

03-02-09 03:50 PM
    Any other ideas out there?
    03-03-09 09:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD