Vlingo froze my 8330 this a.m. So I popped the battery (while walking the dog in deep snow, of course). Back to life but no custom background, and now it uses the stock notifier ring -- WTF?! The stinking memory card fell out!

I'm going to tape the next one in ...
    03-02-09 09:56 AM
    Is your little door broken? I pop my battery all the time and it stays locked in?
    03-02-09 10:49 AM
    I found that since I had been trying to install my media card like my Sim card.....the force I used must have broken one of the little latches on one side and it fried my 4 gig card. However after reading the 101 Lecture series and seeing how to do it my 8 gig card is inserted and works fine even with the missing latch.

That is why I try to suggest people read the lecture series....LOL I bricked my BB twice, and broke one little latch because I didn't know any better. I hope that other people will learn from my mistakes.

~Jazzi~

03-02-09 10:54 AM
    If you're feeling up to it, go look exactly where you left it. I've heard some remarkable stories of a MicroSD card's durability, i.e. trips thru a washer/dryer.
    03-02-09 10:54 AM
    Vlingo froze my 8330 this a.m. So I popped the battery (while walking the dog in deep snow, of course). Back to life but no custom background, and now it uses the stock notifier ring -- WTF?! The stinking memory card fell out!

I'm going to tape the next one in ...
    Did the battery fall into the snow? The media Card? The 8330? If the whole BB fell in the snow there are steps that should be taken immediately to attempt to dry it out.

~Jazzi~

03-02-09 10:56 AM
    Renzi is right. Same with USB flash drives. I've washed my old one twice... Yeah... The sticker came of but you plug it in and everythings there . Go looking with a metal detector. Those 8 gigs aren't cheap

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 11:25 AM
    It's a long shot finding those lil cards when dropped outside but I bet 5 minutes under a hair dryer it would be fine. Like was said, they are durable. I've washed & dryed many different cards and sticks over & over without losing a byte of info.

DML

03-02-09 12:14 PM
    If you're feeling up to it, go look exactly where you left it. I've heard some remarkable stories of a MicroSD card's durability, i.e. trips thru a washer/dryer.
    I'd have to agree. I used to work for a company that sold audio books on SD card. The first week that they sent me anything I sent one through my washer (on a 1.5 hour cycle) and then through 80 minutes at high temp on my dryer. I still use it today! They're pretty darn durable
    03-02-09 12:30 PM
    It is important to understand that the MicroSD slot does not work the same as the SIM card slot. The SIM card can simply be placed down its respective compartment, whereas a MicroSD card must be slid into the metal gate that opens (not laid down in the compartment). Once it has been slid into the metal gate, the gate can be slid into place
    03-02-09 08:40 PM
    It's a long shot finding those lil cards when dropped outside but I bet 5 minutes under a hair dryer it would be fine. Like was said, they are durable. I've washed & dryed many different cards and sticks over & over without losing a byte of info.

DML

That's great info to know in case it happens to mine.
    03-02-09 08:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD