I've been using Slacker for a few months now and its been fine but I want something that allows more personalization options. Like lets say for instense that I choose to cache Lupe Fiasco's station, I want to hear Lupe and songs Lupe's been featured in. Along with a FEW similar sounding artists. Slacker doesn't do that very well, I'll type in someone and it'll give me people that dont have similar sounding music just that genre.

Any apps out there that do something similar to what I'm asking for?
    03-01-09 09:59 PM
    I wish there were. I went from a generic app to slacker and it seemed like a huge step up, but there could definitely be better personalization.
    03-01-09 10:27 PM
    I don't believe there is any other app that is any better than slacker but i'm also interested if anyone knows of any. The great thing about Slacker is you can remove artists from stations as well as banning songs. I find that after a few weeks of refining stations I have similar sounding artists on my stations.
    03-01-09 10:30 PM
    Yeah slacker is a cool app...
    03-01-09 10:32 PM
    Slacker is definitely still one of my favorite apps but, after after the COUNTLESS bans that i make, I find too many of the same songs being played. But its funny because just the other day I played Slacker for about an hour and loved every song being played on my custom station. I guess I have to refine ALL of my cached stations.
    03-01-09 11:21 PM
    Create your own custom stations on line at Slacker. You can then access and cache them on your BB. For instance I could make a '70's super group station of Led Zeppelin, the Stones, Springsteen, the Who, Clapton, etc. save it and then get only those artists. You can also fine tune any station to play music from a set time period, any of their music, their hits, lesser know songs as well as add related artists to your station.
    03-02-09 06:49 AM
    Any legitimate "radio" app will not let you narrow down the artists that much, for one reason; RIAA Regulations....

this is the same reason that you can't REWIND a song on slacker, it changes the definition frrom RADIO to ON DEMAND. You will not find a internet radio provider that will let you do this.
    03-02-09 08:51 AM
    I'm sure no one wants to hear this.. but I really wish we got Pandora in BB. It is 100x better than slacker at picking out "similar" artists.
    03-02-09 10:00 AM
    Considering that Slacker's been around about 2yrs versus Pandora's 5-ish years, I think Slacker is doing pretty well. Also, Slacker offers more songs than Slacker, and being Slacker originally goes with the information given by the label it can take some time to adjust and fine-tune the system...but that's where the heart/ban buttons can become your friend.

As for the fine tuning the OP was looking for I doubt you'll find a program that can do that. I agree w/drodgers4 that licensing will restrict what internet radio apps can provide and how customizable they can be.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 03:33 PM
    Oh I totally agree, I have slacker on my berry. I'm working on fine tuning what I like there. It's tough because I've been using the same Pandora station for well over a year now and I'm to the point where I don't have to touch it anymore. I'm probably just bitter about having to start over and knowing that Pandora is supported on some cell phones. I would just LOVE it if I could use my old trusty Pandora station.
    03-02-09 03:44 PM
    Create your own custom stations on line at Slacker. You can then access and cache them on your BB. For instance I could make a '70's super group station of Led Zeppelin, the Stones, Springsteen, the Who, Clapton, etc. save it and then get only those artists. You can also fine tune any station to play music from a set time period, any of their music, their hits, lesser know songs as well as add related artists to your station.
    Best idea ever. Just went to the site I just created a custom station. Its great because I get a lot of control over what gets played rather than waiting to ban a few artists and songs. Thanks again!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 08:34 PM
    Any time. I've made 3 so far, but haven't had time to make more. Unfortunately you have to pick a least 15 artists. I tried to make a Beatles station of just he Beatles, and John, Paul, George and Ringo, but Slacker insists on adding more artists.
    03-03-09 06:59 AM
    Any legitimate "radio" app will not let you narrow down the artists that much, for one reason; RIAA Regulations....

this is the same reason that you can't REWIND a song on slacker, it changes the definition frrom RADIO to ON DEMAND. You will not find a internet radio provider that will let you do this.
    This is exactly why you won't be able to narrow a station down to one artist. The minimum amount of artists has to be 15. If you do a ton of banning, you might be able to work around this, but thats A LOT of banning.
    03-03-09 03:06 PM
    Any time. I've made 3 so far, but haven't had time to make more. Unfortunately you have to pick a least 15 artists. I tried to make a Beatles station of just he Beatles, and John, Paul, George and Ringo, but Slacker insists on adding more artists.
    Yea I made 2 so far, its working great. Yea your right these options would be perfect if they just allow us to choose the artists we want and ONLY the ones we want. But these customizations allowed me to love Slacker even more.
    03-03-09 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD