I am a storm owner, who has never touched an iphone. I have friends with it that love it but i have never touched it. I have had blackberrys for 2 years now and will never go back. the storm is a beautiful functional phone that has few bugs but they are slowly getting improved with new os's

But......... what makes the iphone so hated lol , what are the pros and cons of the two. Please don't say things like it sucks cuz its "apple" crap like that is useless,,,,,hit me with some facts

thanks
    03-01-09 05:03 PM
    no MMS, no BES, crazy expensive plan from cruddy ATiT, it's an Ipod that makes phone calls, the thing is just a toy plain and simple. You can't remove the battery or change the memory...get an Ipod touch if you want all the apps and web browsing (which is free by the way)
    03-01-09 05:10 PM
    Iphone has no...

--copy and paste
    --No video
    --no MMS
    --no stereo bluetooth
    --no memory changer.. what ever the memory is in your phone is what ur stuck with
    -- sealed battery, so when your battery finally gives up, you have to buy a whole new phone.

theres more, just don't want to spend all day listing things
    03-01-09 05:14 PM
    im with telus so i don't have mms and its embarrassing when a friend with a regular cell texts me a picture and my 700 dollar phone cant receive it
    03-01-09 05:18 PM
    The iphone 'sucks' because people are biased. It's a cool device. Blackberries are much more suited for my lifestyle due to the fact i'm a HUGE user of I.M clients, I like meeting new people (BBM) and like getting things in the now. (BB PUSH Email) so the iphone would 'suck' for me.

On a side note. The Storm is as much as a 'toy' as the iphone. I have yet to see a VZW commercial where the Storm is advertised as a business phone. Look at the useless apps that are being made for the Storm anyway.
    03-01-09 05:19 PM
    I like the iPhone. Except it isn't on VZW.
    03-01-09 05:23 PM
    The iphone is a nice phone. But the worst is no push notifications and Apple wants to control everything on it.
    03-01-09 05:31 PM
    The iPhone is a fun phone, honestly. For the functional reasons mentioned earlier, it didn't appeal to me. Additionally, I don't like how Apple likes to micromanage everything with their products.

Also, some people dislike things for the sake of being counter-cultural.
    03-01-09 05:33 PM
    On a side note. The Storm is as much as a 'toy' as the iphone. I have yet to see a VZW commercial where the Storm is advertised as a business phone. Look at the useless apps that are being made for the Storm anyway.
    the storm is not as big as a toy as the iphone. not even close. every blackberry has had games before, and now with a touch screen it opens up more possibilites for such games. but the storm can do anything any other blackberry can, while the iphone cannot. its implimented all of its blackberry functions, into a "multimedia" device, if you will. because its being targeted at a younger, more social crowd. not so much business, but still useful for business
    03-01-09 05:34 PM
    The iPhone doesn't suck at all. It offers up a few disappointments, but so does every phone. Anyone who says the iPhone sucks or the Storm sucks or any other phone sucks is an extreme brainwashed fanboy. All phones (even the most basic free phone you can get) have their place, purpose, and person.
    03-01-09 05:41 PM
    The worst thing about the iphone is the people that own them. They believe that its the best phone there is without knowing what they are missing. And they will defend it under any circumstance.
    03-01-09 05:42 PM
    Satan has an IPhone and he loves it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 05:44 PM
    Satan has an IPhone and he loves it.

thats funny, i always thought satan was a motorola user....maybe he double fists like the 1337 business users!
    03-01-09 05:50 PM
    The worst thing about the iphone is the people that own them. They believe that its the best phone there is without knowing what they are missing. And they will defend it under any circumstance.
    Not all iPhone users act that way. I actually like the iPhone group here. Other places, not so much.
    03-01-09 05:59 PM
    The Storm and the iphone are both decent phones. All the this is a toy, that is a toy is so silly. These threads pop up every so often and the same people say the same thing over and over. Almost like they are trying to convince themselves. I say to each his own. I happen to love my BB and I guess I have chosen sides. But again, but phones have their weaknesses and strong points. ~2cents
    03-01-09 06:07 PM
    Same goes for BB users...
    03-01-09 06:39 PM
    Thats a understatement!!!!

I'll be the first to bail on RIM for a iPhone if it ever gets to Verizion.

RIM is shooting themselves in the foot by not having a MAC Desktop Manager.
    03-01-09 07:04 PM
    Yeah but we have the right to. Our devices aren't crippled

03-01-09 07:10 PM
    from what ive observed is the blackberry user says "i just got four important emails on my bb concerning my very lucrative business" the iphone user "if i tilt my phone to my mouth, it looks like im drinking beer"

point being all i ever here about the iphone is it is very good at doing meaningless unproductive things , the direct opposite of a bb
    03-01-09 07:19 PM
    It's been said many time. The iPhone is a media player with a built in phone and that is what many, many people want. What is often missed about the iPod/iPhone is the 000s of accessories available for these devices and that is brought about by the connector on both devices. This has remained the same since the iPod 3 (if I am not mistaken).

3rd party vendors - including auto manufacturers - have adopted the iPod interface to talk to car radios, speaker sets, video players, DJ consoles, whatever.

This is the real strength of Apple's offerings. They all connect to any accessory no matter which device you have.

If RIM had put two extra contacts on the back of its phones (data in / data out) next to the charging points and put them in the same place on all phones then they could have one pretty much the same as Apple except for the video.
    03-01-09 07:23 PM
    lol @ all this iphone can't do crap

For the 238939848943905th time the iPhone can do a lot of things mentioned in this thread such as copy and paste, MMS messages, etc.. all you have to do is jailbreak the phone.

Some people need to stop being so darn biased and stop drinking RIM kool-aid.

I feel the iPhone is far better at a lot of things than any BB, and I've been a BB user all my life.
    03-01-09 11:57 PM
    "You have to jailbreak the phone", I don't know about you but I have really become tired of hearing this quote/phrase every time I check the forums. The only way to get the peak performance from the 3G iPhone is to jailbreak it. This is the main reason that I have not transferred permanently to the iPhone. I feel like I shouldn't have to reprogram a device to get it to function like a standard phone! The 3G iPhone is a terrific device but fatally flawed! My BB Bold may not have the perfect internet platform available, but it was never designed to. It was designed for productivity not entertainment. I know that both Apple and RIM are crossing over into each others realms, but I am sick of these little quarrels between Apple and RIM fanboys. I currently own both devices, obviously I prefer the Bold because of its ability to perform tasks that the iPhone is not capable of. On the flip side I like the iPhone for the same reasons. I guess I have kept the iPhone around in hopes that a future software update was going to be released and fix the simple things that are missing. I am not going to lie I continue to go back and forth on the issue, but for now I stick with the Bold.
    03-02-09 01:49 AM
    "You have to jailbreak the phone", I don't know about you but I have really become tired of hearing this quote/phrase every time I check the forums. The only way to get the peak performance from the 3G iPhone is to jailbreak it. This is the main reason that I have not transferred permanently to the iPhone. I feel like I shouldn't have to reprogram a device to get it to function like a standard phone! The 3G iPhone is a terrific device but fatally flawed! My BB Bold may not have the perfect internet platform available, but it was never designed to. It was designed for productivity not entertainment. I know that both Apple and RIM are crossing over into each others realms, but I am sick of these little quarrels between Apple and RIM fanboys. I currently own both devices, obviously I prefer the Bold because of its ability to perform tasks that the iPhone is not capable of. On the flip side I like the iPhone for the same reasons. I guess I have kept the iPhone around in hopes that a future software update was going to be released and fix the simple things that are missing. I am not going to lie I continue to go back and forth on the issue, but for now I stick with the Bold.
    I don't think there's anything wrong with the fact that you need to jailbreak the iPhone to "maximize" its potential. That's like saying if I buy a car that can go up to 200MPH, but it's disabled by a governor, the car can't go 200MPH hour. Or because we can't use BB Maps on ATT branded phones, there's no GPS on my Bold. Bottom line is, if there is a restriction on the device that can be EASILY removed, then you should be comparing the product at it's full potential, not it's crippled state.

iPhone is advertised as the best multimedia device, which out of the box it is exactly what it's advertised. No other device can beat the iPhone. And out of the box, the Bold is the best device in terms of productivity. That means within their respective "realms", each is best at what it's meant to do. There's absolutely no argument there. Stock iPhone is better at Bold at multimedia, and Bold is better than stock iPhone at productivity. With that comparison, neither one is better than the other. Both are "equal" because they're the best at doing what they're advertised to do.

But like you said, both Apple and RIM are trying to cross over into each others realms. So if you take into consideration of a device that can do both multimedia AND productivity, which one wins? iPhone. The iPhone(after jailbreak) is much better at doing what the BB is advertised to do, than the BB at doing what the iPhone is advertised to do. That's the bottom line. As of right now, there's no way for a BB to be remotely as good as an iPhone as far as multimedia(music/vidoes/games/etc) goes. They might have the hardware capabilities, but because there's no way to "hack" BBs; what you get out of the box is all you'll get. That's not the case for iPhones because of the ability to jailbreak. Jailbreaking fills the gaps in productivity that stock iPhones have. There are less than a handful of tasks that a BB can do, that a jailbroken iPhone can't.

If both phones are "equal" as far as doing what they're advertised to do best, then the next criteria for comparison is which phone is better at "crossing over." iPhone is better than BBs at crossing over because of jailbreaking. Then, really the "best overall device" should be iPhone. Even if you disagree, iPhone is far from "sucking" like most pompous BB users make it out to be.

Personally, I love my Bold. It's a very reliable device, and does exactly what it's supposed to do. Hardware wise, I probably prefer the Bold because of the keyboard. But that doesn't the fact that it's very limited it's OS. You get exactly it says out of the box. But my iPhone has so much more potential. When was the last time you heard any major changes aside from hardware when it came to BBs? On the other hand, all you hear about iPhones are the new features thats comng/came because of the jailbreaking community. I'm fortunate to be able to switch between both. But if I had to choose device that did "EVERYTHING," it's the iPhone, regardless of whether or not I have to jailbreak.
    Last edited by gbadude; 03-02-09 at 02:25 AM.
    03-02-09 02:20 AM
    I send picture mail via email to vzw nearly every day. No bother. Sent video via mms to email on my iphone, watched the video, laughed, and responded. No hitches. Send picture mail to any other internet phone - no problem.

Push email - never a concern from me. Sometimes i use an old account and send myself some info... shows up immediately.

replace the battery? buy a new one, unscrew the screws, unplug old battery, replace with new one. done. I have had phones for years, and i have yet to kill a battery off except once... the odds are, that ill replace a device before the battery needs service. Thats the 3g anyhow, Edge sucks, so im not sure how everyone with an iphone doesnt step to the 3g anyhow.

It isnt any better or worse at anything than my bold it seems... just different. It is what it is, fairly simple and straightforward. Its user interface is significantly better, especially with itunes. I hate apple in general, but there is no denying the solidity of this device. I know this is taboo on a blackberry site, but i would ditch the bold in a heartbeat, especially considering the problems i have had with it! One isnt necessarily like the other, but one is far more comprehensive, especially in OS development and customer service!
    03-02-09 04:35 AM
    We shouldn't have to load illegal leaked beta software on our Storms for them to work or at least work without making you wanna through it out the car window.

03-02-09 05:09 AM
86 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD