How Can I Transfer My Itunes Music Onto My Bb
    03-01-09 04:35 PM
    This depends on if the files are DRM. If they were purchased through iTunes or have a license you need to remove the protection first. The link is directed towards the storm but works for all bb models (http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-pics-118585/). After this you can transfer the files in two ways. The first is to use mass storage mode to drag and drop the files to the music folder. The second is to create a playlist and transfer that to the bb using the media sync application.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 06:21 PM
    Open Itunes and your music folder (on your blackberry and make sure its the one for the memory card) then drag and drop from itunes into the music folder. So far I have never ran into any problems with DDRM and I get all the album artwork transferred this way as well. Seemed to simple to work when I tried it but......it did. Hope this helps
    03-03-09 12:57 AM
    Very helpful.. Now does anyone if videos/movies can be transferred?
    03-03-09 10:29 AM
    Very helpful.. Now does anyone if videos/movies can be transferred?
    The videos can be transferred the same way but must be in a format that is readable by the BB. Also the files must not be DRM or contain a license. If they do then you need to remove them using the same link I mentioned above. Then you can convert the files using the following link (http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/bl...n-howto-99653/).

03-03-09 12:03 PM
    Good info thnx for the links...

03-03-09 01:13 PM
    This depends on if the files are DRM. If they were purchased through iTunes or have a license you need to remove the protection first. The link is directed towards the storm but works for all bb models (http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-pics-118585/). After this you can transfer the files in two ways. The first is to use mass storage mode to drag and drop the files to the music folder. The second is to create a playlist and transfer that to the bb using the media sync application.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Apple offer a service to remove the DRM from music purchased on iTunes now? Actually, it's not a question, because I did it. There's no need to install tunebite or any other program. And for the record, Tunebite sucks because it installs crap all over your computer.
    03-04-09 12:43 PM
    Blackberry media sync works too.
    03-04-09 05:31 PM
    Blackberry media sync works too.
    tis the easiest way to do it....

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Media Sync – Tuned Up
    03-05-09 08:55 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Apple offer a service to remove the DRM from music purchased on iTunes now? Actually, it's not a question, because I did it. There's no need to install tunebite or any other program. And for the record, Tunebite sucks because it installs crap all over your computer.
    Could you expand on this? How is is done?
    03-06-09 10:29 PM
    Apple is no longer sell music with DRM. You can also upgrade your existing purchases to iTunes+, which gives you new copies of your purchases without DRM. It's a one shot deal, you can pick and choose. To find out what songs can be upgraded and the cost, start iTunes, log in to your account and click on "Upgrade to iTunes Plus".
    03-08-09 09:23 AM
    Here is my problem:
    BB Curve 8....something.
    Roxio (disk that came w/ BB)
    Windows Vista.
    Vista decided to have all my music from an external hard drive play as an mp4 (no matter what it was originally was).
    I transferred music successfully once and that is all - using the BB manager/roxio software that came with my Curve.
    I've used the software, opened BB as a hard drive, dragged & dropped from itunes, straight files and every other way imaginable.
    Yes there is room on the media card...scandisk.
    When the phone is plugged into the computer, everything new I put on the BB is there and plays in (lord knows why) in quick time. Sometimes it plays directly from the manager. The files appear to be there.
    Unplug BB and the albums do not exist.
    I'm at my wits end and tired of spending another afternoon goofing with this!
    I've tried a few "free trial" downloads to do this for me but they don't seem to work either.
    I'm not a computer expert, I love everything else about the phone but ****.....
    Thanks! Mahhhaaaaaa!
    Last edited by beerbeast; 03-08-09 at 05:23 PM. Reason: one more thing
    03-08-09 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD