Okay, so I'm not exactly sure about this already being posted if so tell me where the solution is kindly.Anyways, I wanted to know, is there any way to send chain sms texts without having to save a draft and type up a new one? I noticed that all the other BBs do that except the storm and when i have a long message I get tired of having to constantly hit save draft and compose a new one. If its in the hardware or OS then is there an app that lets you do this? Thanks for any support fellow junkies.
    03-01-09 03:06 PM
    You can just add multiple recipients for the one text.
    03-01-09 03:24 PM
    Don't do it! heh.

My email addresses are already flooded with spam and bad jokes from friends about whatever President is in office at the time.

Not many things that annoy me more than receiving mass texts. I've come to live with it via email, but texts, grrrr. It's crossing the line!
    03-01-09 03:30 PM
    I am pretty sure he is referring to the 160 character limit. I know all of my previous verizon phones would just send multiple (chain) sms messages if it was over 160 characters. HOWEVER, Verizon only allows you to send more than 160 characters to another verizon phone. On my older phone it would said something along the lines of...

Your recipient is a non-verizon customer so only the first 160 characters will be sent.

There are other posts about this and as far as I know no one has found a way to get it to send more than 160 characters. UNLESS you use an MMS instead
    03-01-09 03:33 PM
    same here. i had the sideways open "ironman" phone. just got this storm. first BB. and i could send 7 pages of 160 character texts. VZ to VZ.

now i can only do 160. and have to send another. is there a better way to do it than just send the text with ... at the end and then start another new one? add all the recipients again and send another?

people aren't gonna like me sending them texts like that.

so my next question, if i send them as an EMAIL to their phone, will it work? and if it DOES....will it be a free message to them? VZ to VZ free qualification, i mean.
    03-01-09 03:54 PM
    yea, since i had tmoble i was able to send 12 pages of sms, to anyone, yet i was unaware that VZW limited to only other VZW customers. I look fwd to a solution soon
    03-01-09 04:01 PM
    yea, since i had tmoble i was able to send 12 pages of sms, to anyone, yet i was unaware that VZW limited to only other VZW customers. I look fwd to a solution soon

Some people have had it randomly work somehow. I don't know when this will change is the thing. I would love to be able to send more than 160 characters rather than sending a MMS because it is easier to just hit reply and when you're in a meeting or class you can't call someone...

If you do a search then you will find more posts about this, I would suggest you read them if you want more input on it.
    03-01-09 04:10 PM
    If I want to send a text that I know is going to be longer than 160 characters I just send an MMS instead of a regular text and make it as long as I want.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 04:13 PM
    If I want to send a text that I know is going to be longer than 160 characters I just send an MMS instead of a regular text and make it as long as I want.
    That works if you know you are going to be over 160 characters, not to sound ignorant or like an *******, but there are times that I will be texting someone and I don't think it will be that long. Then when I get to 150 characters I am looking to get rid of periods, commas, and other punctuation or shorten words. But when I am sending a message and I realize it is going to be close then I will use MMS instead. Most people on the other hand don't want to compose a new MMS and would rather just hit reply to the text.
    03-01-09 04:18 PM
    And too... Not every recipient has a phone that supports MMS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 04:31 PM
    i can EMS to non-vzw users. if both of our phones support EMS. which the storm does not. it isn't a VZW limitation, it is a RIM built phone for VZW thing. on my enV i could EMS to AT&T people all the time. they just recieve the message split up, but they get it all. and same here, i'd get multiple messages, but they would just do it all in one sent message.
    03-01-09 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD