I have tried a few programs with a few settings and have not even been able to come close

Has anyone converted dvds to that quality ? And if so what program and with what settings?

Thank you for the help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 06:43 PM
    I use AnyDVD to rip the DVD, and then Handbrake to convert it to .mp4 format.

There is a HowTo posted which should help you. It uses DVDFab and Handbrake instead of AnyDVD which I use, however it should get you through the process just as easily.
    02-28-09 06:51 PM
    Are the videos as good as Babylon ad trailer?

02-28-09 07:07 PM

I use the method described here, and have 4 movies on the Storm.... and still plenty of memory left.
    The quality equals that of the trailer! I was shocked! It works, and the movies look absolutely stunning!
    02-28-09 07:19 PM
    AnyDVD is great for rips and I went and got that Blackberry Media Studio they talked about on here ... its like $20 I think but its like 2 clicks and it converts as opposed to changing settings like on some of the other programs.
    02-28-09 07:21 PM
    Absolutely. In theory you can set up the video to be even higher quality than what you see in the Babylon trailer, however it would just be wasted space since you'd be surpassing the quality your device can put out.
    02-28-09 07:26 PM
    Thank you for all the help! I can't wait to try these methods

02-28-09 07:51 PM
    AnyDVD is great for rips and I went and got that Blackberry Media Studio they talked about on here ... its like $20 I think but its like 2 clicks and it converts as opposed to changing settings like on some of the other programs.
    Does the finished product use the entire screen? I've used DVDfab and Handbrake and end up with a quality video that uses about 60 percent of the screen. Not 100 percent like the trailer.
    02-28-09 08:01 PM
    Does the finished product use the entire screen? I've used DVDfab and Handbrake and end up with a quality video that uses about 60 percent of the screen. Not 100 percent like the trailer.
    This is my question. I have movies that were not taken in WS format and hate the letterboxing. Any way to get rid of it without chopping off the edges of the screen?
    02-28-09 08:04 PM
    Wondershare does a damn good job but it sets you back a few dollars for the full version

Wondershare BlackBerry Converter Suite – BlackBerry Bold 9000 Converter
    03-01-09 03:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD