ok i just switched from a vzw 8330 to tmobile and got a 8900

i have the desktop manager version 4.7 installed and have tried a few times to move my contacts and it seems to move all off my other stuff from the vzw phone like browser settings, .vzw email address and a few other things

is there a way to just move contacts ?

i cant seem to figure it out

is it in sync? i cangt it to make a list in outlook express for my contacts but if i try to plop that stuff on my new phone i cant seem to get it

im sure this is easy but i just ant seem to get it
    02-28-09 05:34 PM
    Try using Desktop Manager 4.6 instead of 4.7. 4.7 doesn't work so well with the 8900. If I were you I would make a backup of the 8330 and then restore that backup to the 8900. I did this when I moved from my 8310 to my 8900 and it worked great.
    02-28-09 05:46 PM
    Seconded. In fact when upgrading to .168 today I first removed DM 4.7, installed 4.6 and then upgraded.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 05:48 PM
    Seconded. In fact when upgrading to .168 today I first removed DM 4.7, installed 4.6 and then upgraded.

Exactly.....the whole "checking for latest upgrade" feature I wish could be turned off.
    02-28-09 07:15 PM
    Yep 4.6 should do you wonders

02-28-09 07:22 PM
    ok i dle'd 4.6 looks the same to me

i did the backup of the 8330 and restored that to the 8900 but it sent the vzw stuff along with it

it eont let me use the manage internet email gives me a 404 error im assuming it has something to do with the vzw to t-mo switch

ill keep playin and keep everyone updated
    02-28-09 10:16 PM
    You open backup/restore, then advanced, then select "file" button over the box on the left, select the most recent back up file to populate the box, scroll down the list to contacts/address book and highlight it - I think there are two items to highlight, then click the arrow between the two boxes to move your contacts to the right box, click yes to update device. That should install just your contacts to your new device. That's from just memory, haha, so you may have to figure it out a little, but you should be able to.

Last edited by exelant; 02-28-09 at 10:48 PM.
    02-28-09 10:41 PM
    ok i dle'd 4.6 looks the same to me

i did the backup of the 8330 and restored that to the 8900 but it sent the vzw stuff along with it

it eont let me use the manage internet email gives me a 404 error im assuming it has something to do with the vzw to t-mo switch

ill keep playin and keep everyone updated
    Sometimes you need to register the device after upgrading an OS - if you have a good sim card, you should be able to use the manage internet option.

Register Device: Click options> click advanced options> roll down and click host routing table> press your menu key> select register now> click back and close.
    And send your service books from the manage page when you get there. I'm sure you knew that, just making sure everyone reading does too.

02-28-09 11:00 PM
    WOW

i totally missed the file thingy up on the left thanks i should have no problems now just have to wipe it and go to town

You open backup/restore, then advanced, then select "file" button over the box on the left, select the most recent back up file to populate the box, scroll down the list to contacts/address book and highlight it - I think there are two items to highlight, then click the arrow between the two boxes to move your contacts to the right box, click yes to update device. That should install just your contacts to your new device. That's from just memory, haha, so you may have to figure it out a little, but you should be able to.

03-01-09 09:50 AM
    ouch i used jl commander to wipe my bb and

reload software 50 comes up

off to google and ill check back here every few min just to check
    03-01-09 12:15 PM
    well this seem sto be working :
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry

im just waiting now
    03-01-09 12:43 PM
    phewwww it works
    03-01-09 01:01 PM