i recently purchased a curve 8900, i've had it for about a week or 2, today i started having trouble scrolling through the menu, it scrolls from side to side fine, but when i try to scroll up or down it doesn't always work. Any ideas what it could be? or do i just have a defective phone. thanks in advance!
    02-28-09 05:06 PM
    Maybe there is something in your trackball blocking it from moving up or down and you need to clean it?
    02-28-09 05:51 PM
    He's only had it for two weeks, there shouldn't be that much dirt/lint. Maybe it's a problem with the actual ball and you might need to replace it.
    02-28-09 07:19 PM
    Yea I hear kev, but maybe a piece of dirt or sand got it there or something. It can happen I guess. Maybe it is defective though, not sure.
    02-28-09 07:21 PM
    how do you clean the ball in the 8900? I know how to do it in the curve pearl but the design looks a bit different...

similar manner still?
    03-21-09 07:00 PM
    how do you clean the ball in the 8900? I know how to do it in the curve pearl but the design looks a bit different...

similar manner still?

My trackball is fine, but i am curious to knowing how i were to clean my trackball if it did start messing up. i have the 8900 also.
    03-22-09 08:24 AM

similar manner still?
    I not sure on tha whole completely taking out ur trackball but I found so far is that I u should try that mircofiber cloth. I got one when i order a screen protector. But I use all the time 2 clean ma bb. u can rubb it all over. Here wat I found:

Description

Microfiber Cleaning Cloth for BlackBerry devices is essential to keeping your BlackBerry Smartphone free of smudges and fingerprints without scratching your screen.

Using a Microfiber Cleaning Cloth to clean your BlackBerry keeps your device free of oily residue and dirt that gathers around the keyboard and trackball over time.

Non-scratching, lint free, cleans nearly all surfaces without soap and detergent, re-usable and machine washable.
    03-22-09 08:41 AM
    IM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE DUDE! UR NOT ALONE. I KNOW HOW TO TAKE IT OUT OF THE PEARL 8100 TOO, AND ALL OTHER CURVE MODELS. ITS NOT PISSIBLE SO FAR ON THIS THAT I KNOW OF BUT SO FAR IVE ONLY SEARCHED CRACKBERRY AND YOUTUBE. I STILL HAVE ANOTHER FEW SITES TO CHECK AND PHONE CALLS TO MAKE BEFORE I GIVE UP. ONE THING I DID THINK ABOUT WAS, IF YOU HAVE A WARRENTY ON YOUR PHONE, WHICH YOU SHOULD IF ITS ONLY BEEN 2 WEEKS, YOU CAN JUST GET A NEW PHONE. I BELIEVE ITS AN EXCHANGE. IM TALKING ABOUT THE WARRENTY NOT THE INSURANCE. SO TRY THAT IF NOTHING ELSE WORKS. LET ME KNOW IF YOU FIND N E SOLUTIONS! 20ECEA2B
    09-24-09 08:57 PM
    IM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE DUDE! UR NOT ALONE. I KNOW HOW TO TAKE IT OUT OF THE PEARL 8100 TOO, AND ALL OTHER CURVE MODELS. ITS NOT PISSIBLE SO FAR ON THIS THAT I KNOW OF BUT SO FAR IVE ONLY SEARCHED CRACKBERRY AND YOUTUBE. I STILL HAVE ANOTHER FEW SITES TO CHECK AND PHONE CALLS TO MAKE BEFORE I GIVE UP. ONE THING I DID THINK ABOUT WAS, IF YOU HAVE A WARRENTY ON YOUR PHONE, WHICH YOU SHOULD IF ITS ONLY BEEN 2 WEEKS, YOU CAN JUST GET A NEW PHONE. I BELIEVE ITS AN EXCHANGE. IM TALKING ABOUT THE WARRENTY NOT THE INSURANCE. SO TRY THAT IF NOTHING ELSE WORKS. LET ME KNOW IF YOU FIND N E SOLUTIONS! 20ECEA2B
    Caps Lock ... not kewl. Please refrain from posting in ALL CAPS, thanks.
    09-24-09 09:05 PM
    Trackball problems..... Hello, RIM?

And it's a PITA to take off the trackball just to clean it. I have the same annoying problem too.
    09-25-09 01:28 AM
    Compressed air.
    09-25-09 04:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD