I downloaded .109 last week and all has been well until today. I was BBM a friend and while typing the screen was locking up randomly and had what I can only describe as snow kinda blue hue with distorted image on the keyboard, but when I touched the distorted image it cleared away and I could resume typing. I went through like ten battery pulls and on the last startup the screen stayed black. I can call the phone and it rings I can even answer it by using the hard call key on the bottom but the screen seems dead. Anyone else had a problem like this? I'm probably just going to wipe and reinstall .75 to see if its a software issue with my phone. Thanks in advance for help any one gives, Mike
    Last edited by foozball; 02-28-09 at 02:44 PM. Reason: I can't spell
    02-28-09 02:42 PM
    wow no help at all huh? anywho i wiped then reinstalled .75 and nothing changed, actually now its worse as i cant even get the screen to come back even with battery pull. I'll call vzw tomorrow and see how that goes. Disappointed cause this my original storm from nov. launch and haven't had a problem at all even through all the leaked o.s. updates.
    02-28-09 10:48 PM
    On bbm with ya fancy foosball friends eh? "Momma says you the devil!" Lmao...let us know if your OS reinstall fixes your prob.
    02-28-09 10:51 PM
    Hey , i have the same problem on my storm. Mine has been like this for over a week. I've posted a few threads for help, but i havent found anything that will work. Ive downgraded back down to .75 and .65 and still the same thing. I did the Jl commander wipe. Its still the same. Tried everything everybody told me. No luck. It says the loading was successful but still blank. Im doing a insurance replacement today. Gonna just take my sd card out and put it in some water. Let me know if you get yours to work.
    03-01-09 09:32 AM
    Update any one reading up on this, I got my replacement storm today and of course it's not the hottest looking thing in regards to not being scratched but i had noticed right off the bat that there was alot less light leaking around the edges and the screen seems tighter than my original storm. The second thing was how different the colors are between Mexico build being my original and Canadian build being my replacement. Canada is blue and Mexico is more red or warmer tone which is crazy.
    03-03-09 12:08 PM
    My Storm also has this problem right now. I did no software upgrades or anything. After a night out at the movies and heading home, the keyboard started to distort on the LCD. That same night, the screen went black and I can now see nothing on the LCD. The only thing I can do now is answer the phone and hang up a call.
    03-12-09 09:26 PM
    i'm having the same problem on my pearl flip...
    both internal and external screens completely black... showing nothing... but the phone is working
    03-24-09 07:33 AM
    This just happened to my storm. I've reinstalled the os twice now, screen is still blank/black. I guess there isnt a fix, just have to get a replacement.
    03-26-09 12:15 AM
    Canada is blue and Mexico is more red or warmer tone which is crazy.
    Well it makes sense... Canada is cold, Mexico is hot........
    03-26-09 12:18 AM
    This just happened to my storm. I've reinstalled the os twice now, screen is still blank/black. I guess there isnt a fix, just have to get a replacement.
    It means something is wrong with the display, be it the controller, the cable that connects the LCD to the board, etc. Replacement of the Storm is the fix, and the the faulty component can be replaced when they refurb it and pass it on to someone else...........
    03-26-09 12:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD