I'm currently using bb maps, on my storm 9530, OS 4.7, and it works great! I also know, that google maps comes highly recommended too! Which one do you guys use, or would recommend? Should I keep the bb maps, or go with google maps?

Thanks, for the advice guys.
    02-28-09 10:25 AM
    It's a matter of preference. Personally, I use Google maps. If and when I can use the GPS with it, (on Telus) it will get that much better.
    02-28-09 10:27 AM
    Use both, and then make a decision based on what you like and don't like.

I use both. Google Maps is more "intuitive" (I guess with Google's usual user-friendliness level). BB Maps is good in that it gives the speed.
    02-28-09 10:28 AM
    Yeah, BB Maps is very quick. And that's one of the features, that I fell in love with.
    02-28-09 10:35 AM
    If google maps would use GPS automatically, I would ditch bb maps in a heartbeat.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 10:37 AM
    It would be awesome if we were able to get free gps! There's no way in ****, I'm paying verizon an extra $10 a month for vz navigator!
    02-28-09 10:45 AM
    i like google maps because i can search for stuff around me. like the nearest starbucks bbmaps doesn't do that does it?

since gps doesn't work on verizon pearls, bbmaps doesn't help me much.
    02-28-09 10:53 AM
    BB Maps does the same thing. You can virtually search any local business, anywhere.
    02-28-09 10:57 AM
    i prefer the google map.....
    02-28-09 10:59 AM
    I don't want to hijack this thread but what about Nav4all?
    02-28-09 11:16 AM
    I don't want to hijack this thread but what about Nav4all?
    Is it a good program?
    02-28-09 11:28 AM
    Used google maps recently and loved it. Worked with my GPS to give me real time location as we proceeded through the route! Awesome! I love this phone!

02-28-09 11:34 AM
    As a newbie with limited Nav experience, I have had trouble with the learning curve. However I like the turn by turn directions. The menus are heavily layered and due to an antique mind, sometimes I can't remember the correct steps. Give it a try, if you don't like it then delete the app.
    02-28-09 11:37 AM
    Google maps for me...
    02-28-09 11:42 AM
    google maps was freezing my bold. I uninstalled it and was prompted to restart. When my bold restarted, my bbm, mail, messages, and myspace apps were all gone or "missing". I did a battery pull and they all came back. I'll never install google maps again though.
    02-28-09 11:43 AM
    Thank you, for all the advice guys. Just downloaded google maps, and it's pretty sweet. I'll still keep the bb maps on my storm too. Just in case, I run into any problems with google maps.

02-28-09 12:03 PM
    BB maps is more accurate for me. I can only get google maps to give directions within a couple hundred feet. From reading these boards, I realize that this may be because Verizon has a lock on all but BB maps and VZ Navigator.

I REALLY like the local search feature on BB maps. I can't tell you how many times I've used it to find a store or a restaurant. The best part is that the search also provides the telephone number and then I can call the number by pressing just one button. I can also find it on the map to get the cross streets.

02-28-09 03:27 PM
    Is it a good program?
    The usefulness of a gps on your phone is hard to measure or compare to a real gps. I traveled this week and tried to use both maps and google map, both sucked and where slow. I ended up renting a gps for my rental car, worked much faster and the voice/audio is really nice when u can't see the screen.

Using a gsp on the bb is a car wreck waiting to happen!

02-28-09 03:38 PM
    Google maps does everything BBmaps does and more. Bbmaps map loading is really slow.

Google maps will search for local restaraunts etc just like BBmaps , will provide phone numbers etc just like bbmaps. Will give you turn by turn directions with street view etc.

The only reason to keep BBmaps installed for me is for the odd event I want to geotag a picture.

02-28-09 04:11 PM
    I use Google maps. Both apps are very similar. I like the satellite view w/traffic direction on Google. I was in New Orleans for Carnival and it worked like a champ! I found all kinds of places to visit. I got directions while walking around. Everyone else had their paper maps looking like tourists and I had my blackberry!!! It felt great, I love this phone!!!!
    02-28-09 06:24 PM
    I use both together& still don't get accurate directions for my area. I'm on Vzw so gps only works on BB maps but neither navigates well for me. Luckily I don't need it much cuz VZ Nav seems to be the only program that can find places acurately for me. I'd just buy a nav system instead if I really needed it.

02-28-09 06:57 PM
    I guess I never really played around with neither maps. I have bb maps and took a look at it once or twice. I rather use sprint navigation anyway.

02-28-09 07:43 PM
    Google maps works best for me......just used it this afternoon to get somewhere!
    02-28-09 09:11 PM
    Google maps!
    02-28-09 10:17 PM
    The extras on google maps include walking directions, mass transit in supported cities, satellite view, street view, traffic, and now lattitude.

Ummm, google maps for me.
    03-01-09 03:07 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD