Is it possible to send an e-mail via Verizon Wireless (BlackBerry) from USA to Europe (Poland) or maybe it covers only American e-mial accounts?
    I'm curious because my sister claims she did send me an emial that way, but I didn't get it.

Please help,
    Cheers!
    S.
    02-28-09 05:30 AM
    Go to My Verizon, there's an option for International email/calls. You need to call them and activate.
    02-28-09 07:47 AM
    So you need to activate that option to send an international email from Blackberry. Got it.
    02-28-09 09:15 AM
    Does it cost extra do to international email?
    If it did I would just have her make a yahoo account and do it that was.

I would imagine that it wouldn't cost extra because it is called the WORLD wide web

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 09:38 AM
    I used to send emails to a friend in Wales and was never charged for it. Why would you be?
    02-28-09 09:52 AM
    i'm pretty sure your phone can't tell the difference between an international email and a local one (unless it ends in like .uk or something) BUT it shouldn't matter. if you have unlimited data it matters even less. hey, you can bbm someone in another country for free if you both have unlimited data
    02-28-09 11:12 AM
    STOP THE PRESSES!

Email is email - you can send an email from your phone to the girl next door or to someone in Beijing, Mexico City, Sydney & Tokyo - same price.

You do not need international anything.

Now to CALL them, that's a different story.
    02-28-09 12:19 PM
    03-01-09 03:06 AM
    for a more specific explanation:

when you send an email it goes to a server. It doesn't matter where that server is located. Its just a server.

From there it is forwarded to whomever you were sending it to.

The internet is a series of tubes. Don't you know? lol
    03-01-09 07:00 AM
    Although you can email anyone anywhere. If you are overseas and you have a US phone. You MAY need to activate you phone with provider so they will allow the phone to communicate with foreign cell towers.
    At the end of the day though. Data is data and there is no charge for sending it beyond your provider or ISP.

03-01-09 07:25 AM
    The internet is a series of tubes. Don't you know? lol
    Vacuum tubes, at that.

I remember pulling those tubes, carefully numbering the tube & socket, taking a box of them down to the Sylvania or Westinghouse or GE or Zenith or RCA tester. Run each one, then buying replacements. It was a lot of fun getting a good picture and or sound again.

Now the only thing I have is the McIntosh stereo system - and it is a booger finding testers these days.

Maybe if those Internet tubes start burning out.

03-02-09 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD