That busy processing clock has been annoying me. I have been seeing it much more after installing .109. RIM and Verizon need to release a stable update very soon. I feel that by the time they release an official OS update, it will be time to upgrade to the Niagara. Anyone that says the Storm is not a disaster is lying to him or herself. After more than 3 months have passed, who agrees that the Storm could be classified as a failure? Thanks for the official update RIM. Just my two cents and personal opinions.
    02-27-09 09:27 PM
    sounds like a rant! i do agree though that once the new BB comes out (whatever it may be) for verizon im going to want to jump ship and ditch the storm.
    02-27-09 09:29 PM
    Disaster compared to an iphone. Still better than anything else Verizon sells

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 09:29 PM

I agree. However, we are comparing it to other Verizon crippled phones. Just my opinion and four cents.
    02-27-09 09:31 PM
    have you tried a reinstall of .109 it has worked for others, and me... possibly use another mirror as well that might help too.. just throwing that out there .
    02-27-09 09:32 PM
    Did you complete a reinstall and then restore from a backup? I would hate to have to reinstall all the applications.
    02-27-09 09:34 PM

So sad but so true.

02-27-09 09:37 PM
    That busy processing clock has been annoying me. I have been seeing it much more after installing .109. RIM and Verizon need to release a stable update very soon. I feel that by the time they release an official OS update, it will be time to upgrade to the Niagara. Anyone that says the Storm is not a disaster is lying to him or herself. After more than 3 months have passed, who agrees that the Storm could be classified as a failure? Thanks for the official update RIM. Just my two cents and personal opinions.
    I haven't posted enough messages to place links...

Things sure change in a month don't they...

Official 9530 4.7.0.99 Findings Only Thread
    Message Number 528 from Keynote
    WOW, I am loving this OS so far. After using .75 for a couple of weeks, this OS is definitely much better.
    02-27-09 09:40 PM
    I think the storm is by far the best phone verizon has
    02-27-09 10:20 PM
    I am quite happy with my storm. It does all of things my Curve did and then some.
    02-28-09 08:56 AM
    Mine works well with .75 and now .109. Disaster? I don't think so. I think people set their expectations to high.

If I didn't come to this site I'd never known anything was "wrong" with it. Really there isn't. It doesn't shut down, it's stable, all devices and features work.
    02-28-09 09:10 AM
    Disaster ....... naw. Its the best phone i ever had. Been using cell phones since 1986. First we got to remember its a phone, not a laptop. Since I have gotten this phone my laptop feels kind of lonely. My storm keeps me informed with my e-mails, lets me catch quick shots with the camera, lets me search the web for info I may need ..... and on and on. I dont try to write term papers on it, fill my photo albums with shots of my vacation with it. I can make calls everywhere .... nice as I see it. Any software driven machine needs to be constantly maintained, adjusted and updated. As far as the IPhone is concerned, When Both phones have ALL the same features we can compare them. Not fair otherwise.
    02-28-09 09:40 AM
    After I turned my 1st Storm in, I have not really had any problems. I would say this phone is far from a disaster. My 1st Storm was not working correctly out of the box, but that was fixed when I got my new one. Now I am running .103 b/c I hear of all the problems w/ .109, but believe me that there are Iphone owners that sit around and complain about their Iphones. My 2 cents is that there is no perfect phone and if you had an I phone you would probably complain about it too.
    02-28-09 09:45 AM
    Am I the only one who notices the pun in the OP's subject line?

02-28-09 09:49 AM

I disagree with the first half of that. People have to stop comparing the Storm to the iPhone which is already into like it's 3rd hardware version. The original version of the iPhone couldn't stand up to this first version of the Storm. I agree with the second statement. It's definitely the best phone VZW currently sells, but VZW REALLY needs to change their stance on wi-fi. Although the network is good, the Storm would have been quite a bit better with wi-fi capability. It makes no sense that they would intentionally LIMIT the cabability of the products they offer. Anyway, that's just my opinion.
    02-28-09 09:50 AM
    I didn't realize that by not having problems with my Storm and actually liking the phone that I was lying to myself. LMAO!

Seriously, I am not happy with the lag that I get when typing sometime. It can create some misspelled words and it is difficult to correct words on the storm. (Yes, I know how to slide the cursor back and all.) This would be the only reason I would switch to the Bold when it comes to Verizon if this isn't taken care off. Other than that, I have had no problems and I got my Storm the very first day it came out in November.
    02-28-09 09:53 AM
    blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. all these people sh*t talking the storm make me laugh. I kno plenty of people who have the Iphone and HATE IT! The storm is the iphone killer for the simple fact that its a BLACKBERRY!!! haha. Keep checking you email on a browser guys, the iphone is a toy in comparison!
    02-28-09 09:54 AM
    blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. all these people sh*t talking the storm make me laugh. I kno plenty of people who have the Iphone and HATE IT! The storm is the iphone killer for the simple fact that its a BLACKBERRY!!! haha. Keep checking you email on a browser guys, the iphone is a toy in comparison!
    Ok fanboi.

I know a lot of people with iPhones who don't really have a problem with them. I know people who have iPhones and do have issues with them, or hate the fact that it doesn't have the click screen like my phone does because they hate accidentally activating links etc while using the phone.

I also know folks with Storms who love them and have had no issues (myself included). My phone hasn't lagged since .99 and I'm now on .109 and haven't had any issues what so ever and I also have had no lags...the only time where I have visible lag is when I try to post on here via my Storm which still sucks.

My brother's Storm is software glitch free although his phone has the screwed up screen. He doesn't seem to mind it though has he hasn't bothered returning it.

But I guess my 0 battery pulls in who knows how many weeks, no freezes, lags or anything is just me lying to myself.

I'm not a fanboy or anything because after all, it is just a damn phone, but I try to be a little more rationale when pointing out pros and cons of something rather than throwing temper tantrums when I'm not happy with something and claiming that everyone's unit is faulty.
    02-28-09 10:39 AM
    Not everyone is having issues with their Storm. And no I am not lying. If you have a problem with a leaked OS then that's on you. You download at your own risk. That's why it's not officially released. There is no conspiracy theory here. Just plain common sense peeps. I think there were a lot of impulsive Storm buyers based on the hype who did not do their homework first.
    02-28-09 11:38 AM
    It got pushed out, and it's not perfect, but the Storm is pretty good and they keep leaking decent updates that to me, improve it ever time. The click screen is sweet. I want more battery life, but s'ok.
    02-28-09 12:23 PM
    YES!!!

The Storm IS a Disaster!

Where is the CB equivalent of FEMA???

Storm = Hurricane Katrina For BlackBerry Users Worldwide!

LOL
    02-28-09 02:47 PM
    where is philosraptor at when i need him...only he can settle this!
    02-28-09 02:51 PM
    Only a matter of time before the storm fanbois started to post. EVERY person I know have issues wit their storm from lag to dust freezes and reboots. Is the storm a nice device YES but as of now its not living up to blackberry standards. If the next official update doesn't fix this thing the storm will flop IMHO.

02-28-09 03:44 PM
    Only a matter of time before the storm fanbois started to post. EVERY person I know have issues wit their storm from lag to dust freezes and reboots. Is the storm a nice device YES but as of now its not living up to blackberry standards. If the next official update doesn't fix this thing the storm will flop IMHO.

so u know maybe 3 or 4 people with a storm MAYBE.....we dont revolve around you fool. There are plenty of people who have phones that work great....
    Last edited by Stormin916; 02-28-09 at 04:45 PM. Reason: typo
    02-28-09 04:40 PM

Get out more and make more friends then

Seriously now. I have an iPhone 3g in the house to compare against (my gf's) and have. Since many like to hold the 3G as the 'standard', I figured why not.

Her 3G does lag occasionally switching orientation in the web browser. There is key lag in the 3G as well. She was cussing earlier today when the 3g froze while she was playing Hold 'Em. Twice she has taken it back to AT&T because of issues (their resolution: reboot it and hand it back).

Couple of hints:
    1. NO PHONE IS PERFECT. I've had enough of them in the last 5 years to know. I also have had enough of them to know the Storm is nowhere near the worst
    2. Your circle of friends are not representative of the user base. This web site is not representative of the user base. Safe bet the majority of Storm owners have never heard of Crackberry
    3. There are so many factors that will affect any phone's performance that whatever you (and the people you know) may experience may not affect others. Signal strength, date of production, manufacturing location, local interference, apps loaded, media loaded, software loading process, daily usage... heck, probably even the local mean temperature

You call ppl fanbois because they like or accept their Storm. Ppl swear Storm owners are lying when they say they have no problems. Well here's my take:

It hasn't failed me a single time when I needed it (and fack it, won't fail when I want it to like when work is calling). It does not have dust, has rebooted itself 3 times since Nov 22, does not have its battery pulled except for OS loads, has not run out of memory and has lasted 36 hrs with moderate - heavy usage on a single charge. The Storm is the best phone I've owned in the past 5 years (Pantech Helio Ocean, Samsung Helio Mysto / Drift, Samsung Instinct, LG Dare / Env, nameless ruggedized WinMo device for work). So it meets the only standards that matter:

MINE
    02-28-09 04:41 PM
91 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD