Hi all. This is the thread for people to post as and when bills come available share the good (hopefully good) or bad news. If you go to thread tools -> subscribe to thread, you will get notification as and when people post on this thread.
    02-03-08 03:50 PM
    Got my bill, used opera, google maps, live search, IM+, 17mb data used no extra charges
    02-03-08 06:15 PM
    My billing cycle ended at the end of January, so as soon as I get my bill I will let you guys know of usage amounts, and charges.
    02-04-08 01:17 PM
    So just to confirm, the APN needs to be blank for it to work with opera? using the 15 personal email plan, correct? and also, any updated news on billing?
    02-13-08 05:09 AM
    I got my bill, about 2mb used, $0.00 chrges. W00t.
    02-13-08 09:48 AM
    So far so good, I should check the mail today, my bill should be in. However I'm in another battle with rogers cause there trying to **** me around to pay for something with a stupid explanation to why I was charged :/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-08 09:54 AM
    What's the problem Davey? Related to another Rogers service?
    02-13-08 10:17 AM
    Can someone tell me if you guys are talking about a 15$ web surfing unlimited or is it the unlimited email plan?

02-13-08 08:03 PM
    It's the Rogers Blackberry $15 Unlimited Email & IM plan.
    Last edited by timekeeper; 02-14-08 at 12:32 AM.
    02-13-08 11:43 PM
    I think we are confusing our fellow Rogersians with discussion of unlimited browsing on the Personal Email plan!
    02-14-08 07:22 AM
    ok guy this is what i got as a data plan $20 Communicate Value Pack which comes with
    5mb Mobile Browsing
    2500 Sent Text Messages
    1000 Sent Picture/Video Messages
    Voice Mail
    Call Display
    Name Display
    WhoCalled

and i have the apn setting as internet.com and my mail by google ,web ,google map ,bb map and beyond411 they all work fine and didnt get charge for anything i used over 2.5mb last month...
    02-14-08 12:56 PM
    and i did see that new plan but y would i pay extra 15 for only 1.5mb and what are the advantage of having that...if anyone could tell me that..thanks
    02-14-08 01:01 PM
    and i did see that new plan but y would i pay extra 15 for only 1.5mb and what are the advantage of having that...if anyone could tell me that..thanks
    Well for one the overage rate for the plan you on is $30 a mb, the email is not compressed 65% and you got no push email.
    02-14-08 01:03 PM
    This is really going to be an interesting issue. The "old" $20 Comm. Val. Pack is great for people switching to a BB who use GMail App and Facebook App and browsing lightly. Google Maps is way too intensive to run it on a 5MB only plan. And now with the "new" $20 Comm. Va. Pack, ANY data used us going to be charged per KB because the IMEI will tell Rogers that it's a BB and therefore an invalid device. So to those of you who have the "old" $20 pack DO NOT get enticed by the "unlimited" data promise of the "new" $20 pack!
    02-14-08 01:14 PM
    ok but the 15$ still only gives 1.5mb but unless im missing something and there is a unlimited one...the only app i use is goole mail and beyond411
    02-14-08 01:34 PM
    This is really going to be an interesting issue. The "old" $20 Comm. Val. Pack is great for people switching to a BB who use GMail App and Facebook App and browsing lightly. Google Maps is way too intensive to run it on a 5MB only plan. And now with the "new" $20 Comm. Va. Pack, ANY data used us going to be charged per KB because the IMEI will tell Rogers that it's a BB and therefore an invalid device. So to those of you who have the "old" $20 pack DO NOT get enticed by the "unlimited" data promise of the "new" $20 pack!
    Rogers is going to get soooooooo much negative criticism, this will be good for us though might force some changes big time.
    02-14-08 01:35 PM
    well i've been using that 20$pack for about 3 months and they have'nt charged me extra for anything and plus i havent went over 2.5mb and i do e-mail a lot soo...but is there any plan that has unlimited data use
    02-14-08 01:54 PM
    No plan has true unlimited data use. No one is suggesting that Rogers would charge you (curve8310) anything as long as you keep the plan you have and don't go over your 5MB cap. This thread is specifically for people who are on the "Personal Email $15" plan and are using third party apps above and beyond Email and BB Messenger.
    02-14-08 02:24 PM
    Beware curve8310 I had that communicate 20 pack and kinda went over my limit and got a $900 phone bill. When you go over on that plan its like 5 a kb extra or something pricey. But its good if you stay within the boundaries. The only thing I didn't like was that I couldn't get bb messenger in less I had some sort of data plan from rogers

02-16-08 03:05 PM
    So did you end up paying the 900 buck bill? Whoo!
    02-16-08 03:46 PM
    Beware curve8310 I had that communicate 20 pack and kinda went over my limit and got a $900 phone bill. When you go over on that plan its like 5 a kb extra or something pricey. But its good if you stay within the boundaries. The only thing I didn't like was that I couldn't get bb messenger in less I had some sort of data plan from rogers

ya the only bad thing about this plan is if you go over 5mb ur screwed and i think its like 30$ for 1mb and so on.....maybe i'll get the 15$ plan and try it
    02-17-08 12:33 PM
    I've posted this in the Tips and Tricks thread, but here goes:

I'm a Bell Mobility user with an identical $15 unltd. email and bb messenger plan. I downloaded Opera Mini and it works fine.

The question I have is: will I be billed for my data usage under Opera, or will it be included with the plan like you Rogers folk?
    02-17-08 07:27 PM
    I've posted this in the Tips and Tricks thread, but here goes:

I'm a Bell Mobility user with an identical $15 unltd. email and bb messenger plan. I downloaded Opera Mini and it works fine.

The question I have is: will I be billed for my data usage under Opera, or will it be included with the plan like you Rogers folk?
    I replied to you original post.
    02-18-08 02:38 PM
    So did you end up paying the 900 buck bill? Whoo!
    Nope! I was on the phone talking to that rep. I was not going down easy haha.

But unfortunately it was just before I switched my account to my dads so we can get that VIP thing. But since then its been nothing but headaches, they are still charging me for januarys usage under my name, without explaining charges and are sending me non-stop notices....Once they contact revenue canada its guna be a fun ride!!!!! AHHH
    02-19-08 12:28 AM
    Well.... I havent got my bill yet, but I know it is in the mail somewhere so I called up *611 and I dont like the sound of the numbers they are giving me.

Even though it gives the whole general accounts fee versus the individual account it is WAY to high... I have a feeling I got charged around $200 for the data that I have been using
    02-19-08 05:37 PM
140 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD