My new crackberry is wonderful, and I've made very good use for it, I'm very happy with the new device.

However there is one minor issue - on random times it auto reboots. During an I'm convo or browsing or anything else, it'll reboot. I take it this isn't normal, what can I do to rectify this or shld I exchange for a new device?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-07 10:55 AM
    Have you loaded any software on your new device which may not be compatible? If so, you may want to go into your setup options and wipe it clean which should restore it back to factory settings.

If that dosen't work, then exchanging it would be a good idea.
    06-13-07 11:04 AM
    (This may not be it at all, but i would just check to be sure)

Go in Options, Auto on/off... make sure it is not enabled at a time that you do not wish this to happen..
    06-13-07 11:50 AM
    Software incompatibility might be it although it happens when I m using various software. I also upgraded (and unlocked vendor themes) to the new OS. The rebooting occured before the unlock so I know its not related to that. I will try the clean reinstall tho and see what happens.

I will keep you updated tonight or tmw since I don't have access to my laptop till late tonight for my desktop manager - but gonna try clean install now.

Thanks for your help!

Auto on/off is off, by the way. Shouldn't be an issue.

06-13-07 12:47 PM
    Good point, Brian! But, if it persists, get it replaced while you can...
    06-13-07 12:48 PM
    This has happened to me 5 times since I activated the phone on Monday. Cingular said to bring it back for a new phone as soon as possible. Just wondering if this is related to where its made. A lot of original Pearls had the "made in mexico" problem. Mine is made in Mexico, is yours? When I go to the store Im gonna ask for one made in Canada.
    06-14-07 12:58 PM
    Mine is made in Mexico. It has rebooted once while streaming stereo to my Parrot MK6000 installed in my truck. It happened when I turned the truck off and power was dropped to the Parrot. I was using the built-in music player on the 8300.
    06-14-07 03:32 PM
    Sounds like it needs to be exchanged.
    06-14-07 03:40 PM
    I returned mine yesterday and got a "Made in CANADA" unit. We shall see how it goes. No random resets thus far.
    06-15-07 09:41 AM
    I had the same issue with mine and i lost all SMS, Emails and Call Logs. Lukcily had done a bakcup the day before but it was quite alarming. NEver had this before on any BB.

Howeer i t hasnt happened since but i will be keeping an eye. I have the original software to....(O2)
    06-15-07 11:33 AM
    how do you figure out if you have a made in canada or mexico unit? where does it say?
    06-15-07 11:45 AM
    Maybe on the back of the device, under the battery, or on the box?
    06-15-07 11:51 AM
    Its under the battery or on the box under all the IMEI information.
    06-15-07 12:02 PM
    Well, I haven't returned my unit yet. I've been a busy person, and now this weekend I'm hoping to grab some time to go to the CIngular/AT&T store up at NYC to see if they have a replacement.

My defective unit in question is made in Canada, by the way. I don't think it matters where it is made.
    06-15-07 01:10 PM
    I talked to RIM a couple of days ago. "I personally haven't seen any reboot issues noted"..... stock answer.

Does RIM/Blackberry have a remedy, response?

Why will exchanging the unit assure you'll get a Curve/8300 that doesn't reboot?

I have had my Curve for 12 days, and have had about 15 reboots. 3 in one day. The 5 minute reboot is very bad.

Hope a Blackberry/RIM solution resolves this annoying reboot situation soon.

Love the Curve, but the reboots are annoying for sure.
    06-16-07 10:31 PM
    15 reboots and counting. Mine is made in Canada.
    Don't think it matters.
    06-16-07 10:33 PM
    You are probably right it doesn't matter which country the unit is made in. However there are Curve users that don't have their device rebooting all the time whereas only a few percentage of us have ours rebooting. I believe exchanging the unit can rectify the problem on the individual side but there needs to be a solution for the masses.

Honestly, I suspect its a hardware error so the device itself may need to be replaced. I m hoping to get time tmw or tonight after work. Waiting on my receipts that I left behind at home. Hyper, how's that new unit treating you?

06-18-07 08:54 AM
    Hyper, how's that new unit treating you?
    Glad you asked. Actually its not only NOT rebooting, but all the contacts/calendar objects are syncing perfectly. Super happy right now.
    06-18-07 08:57 AM
    So guys,

I swapped my Crackberry 8300 and so far, no reboots. This unit is made in Mexico too, and I have a new battery as well.

I will update this if I see a reboot flaw again, but it seems so far the solution is simply to exchange it, regardless of where the unit is made.

06-19-07 10:07 AM
    It has happened to me 6 time in the last week on my 2week old cruve. ATT tech did not sound supprised and had me wipe and the reinstall the os the manualy reinstall all my data after 2 day wait ti see if it would doo it again.well it did with nothing on it and the answer was each time it does it to remove the batt for 45sec then replace and thgat "will fix it till the next time it hangs". How is that for tech support. So i was on call for about 10 min and was in the ATT store when it did it this last time and the rep said he will just replace it. So here I going again complette new reload>
    08-11-07 02:44 PM
    i was having the same issue, it was happening all the ******** time. took it back and got a replacement and problem solved.
    08-15-07 09:16 PM
    i had to replace 3 and the 4th is doing fine so far.
    08-16-07 03:14 PM
    Hey guys,

I got my first blackberry about a month ago and am noticing the rebooting about 3 times a day (when I catch it). It hasn't happened while I'm actually using it (i.e. listening to music, talking, emailing, etc.), but I'm wondering if it's just by chance.

I called T-Mobile yesterday and a tech suggested that I turn it off and on at least once a day so that my settings get refreshed... I tried and nothing has changed. In fact... isn't the phone already rebooting!? Anyway, I'll continue calling tech support to see what else they suggest and keep you guys posted in case they actually find the solution.

Until then... I'm expecting that I'll end up with a replacement.
    04-01-08 04:59 PM
    I got my 8310 last Saturday, reboots constantly. It rebooted twice while I was on the phone with AT&T trying to register it... They are sending me a new one. What are the chances that the new one will be better?
    04-29-08 06:20 AM
    Chances are good!

When I got my first BB, it had the reboot problem...and it seemed to get progressively worse...finally rebooting every few minutes. ATT sent a replacement and it hasn't rebooted once. Both were refurbs, BTW.
    04-29-08 08:52 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD