Hey all,

I just posted this response in another forum, and I thought you would all like to read it. It's good for a laugh.
    ---------------------

Haha, this reminds me of my experience yesterday while at the mall. A Mobile Solutions (authorized T-Mo dealer) asked if I wanted a better phone than the one on my hip (even though they only carry the 8320 right now), so I told him "I already have T-Mobile. This is the 8900". He replied, "Oh cool, can I see it?" to which I replied, "Sure".

The next words out of his mouth were,

"This isn't an 8900. It's a little thicker than it should be, is almost all black instead of having the chrome bezel and the back says "Seidio". It must be a replica or something. Did you buy it on Ebay?"

I replied,

"Watch what happens when I take the Innocase II off..."

It took all my effort not to laugh at his obvious ignorance.

I mean...replica? Really? REALLY? Did he REALLY just say that??
    02-27-09 02:11 PM
    I have found that most reps don't really know what they sell... and to find someone that really know anything about a Blackberry you are very, very lucky.
    02-27-09 02:15 PM
    Wow where do they find these people? Nice story. Ha
    02-27-09 02:21 PM
    HAHAHAHHAHA ... That's good times. Yet more evidence that, sadly on average, reps don't know what they are talking about. I used to work in an retail electronics store that is now bankrupt (suckers!) and there people working there at times that didn't know what they were talking about but they sure did sell stuff.
    02-27-09 02:21 PM
    I have learned that any reps that you see at the mall or in any other little stands are pretty much clueless when it comes to new phones. I only go into a tmobile store if i need to switch a sim card out for some reason. But the customer service reps on the phone are usually pretty up to date.
    02-27-09 02:47 PM
    That is just simply stunning..... this is why i ALWAYS talk to t-moblie phone support, and their blackberry specific support if possible. Good Story!
    02-27-09 03:46 PM
    Thats what you get for having a REPLICA!

Next time get a real phone....
    02-27-09 03:48 PM
    So what was his reaction when he reailized it was an 8900? Was he embarrassed?
    02-27-09 03:55 PM
    OMG!! A replica??? He should've know right away. What a putz. Was it the one in Horton Plaza??
    02-27-09 04:10 PM
    Reps at a t-mobile corporate store should actually have some training on the stuff they sell, and tend to be a little more knowledgable/less ******** than an authorized dealer at the mall.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 04:16 PM
    Blind as a bat. You should have used the 8900 to help him make an appointmernt with an optometrist.
    02-27-09 04:20 PM
    Blind as a bat. You should have used the 8900 to help him make an appointmernt with an optometrist.
    ROFL - Nice!
    02-27-09 04:26 PM
    Yet another reason to never talk to phone reps. 611 is usually up to date and they are relatively good.

Love it! Nice!
    02-27-09 04:36 PM
    So what was his reaction when he reailized it was an 8900? Was he embarrassed?
    I'm embarrassed for him.
    02-27-09 04:46 PM
    That was funny. I just don't get it though. Yeah you don't work at the official T-Mobile store, but why wouldn't you want to be knowledgeable about the products, even the ones you don't sale yet but will sale at some point. I always wonder about people when I go into any type of retail setting and the person knows nothing about something they should know about.
    02-27-09 04:46 PM
    that was funny and everything.... but seriously.. where did you get the "replica" on ebay?????
    02-27-09 04:58 PM
    I had almost the exact same situation back in January before this was released. Guy stopped me at the local " I sell you new better phone" hut and do the same thing. Of course when I told I had an 8900 he was like "wtf?" That's not available, is it even real? It was a tough decision. Do I let him play with it, and risk him gumming it up with his codliver oil hair gel, or just tell him to pound himself and tell him its real. I chose the latter. As Howie said, he prob still would have thought its an ebay replica. Oh well!

02-27-09 06:06 PM
    Hahaha...thanks, I needed that. **wiping tears from my eyes**
    02-27-09 06:40 PM
    ha ha ha... It's a shame that they're just trying to make a buck and not know thier products...
    02-27-09 10:55 PM
    That is some funny **** right there.
    02-27-09 11:09 PM
    Hey all,

I just posted this response in another forum, and I thought you would all like to read it. It's good for a laugh.
    ---------------------

Haha, this reminds me of my experience yesterday while at the mall. A Mobile Solutions (authorized T-Mo dealer) asked if I wanted a better phone than the one on my hip (even though they only carry the 8320 right now), so I told him "I already have T-Mobile. This is the 8900". He replied, "Oh cool, can I see it?" to which I replied, "Sure".

The next words out of his mouth were,

"This isn't an 8900. It's a little thicker than it should be, is almost all black instead of having the chrome bezel and the back says "Seidio". It must be a replica or something. Did you buy it on Ebay?"

I replied,

"Watch what happens when I take the Innocase II off..."

It took all my effort not to laugh at his obvious ignorance.

I mean...replica? Really? REALLY? Did he REALLY just say that??
    This is pretty funny, but not in the "hahaha" way. Just goes to show you how the retail business operates...very few people are knowledgeable of the products they sell.
    02-28-09 12:12 AM
    Yeah...its really sad that people selling high end electronics of any kind aren't required to be experts on those electronics...but hey...training would cost companies money and cut down profits. Its like when I took my Storm back to Verizon and the rep asked me why I was returning it. I started to talk about the benefits of UMA calling and WiFi...and the dude was looking at me like I was trying to teach him astrophysics at MIT. No one cares about having knowledgable employees anymore...

02-28-09 12:07 PM
    Yeah, T-mobile stores don't have the smartest employees. it seems that the only info they know about the phone is right off the box, if that...
    02-28-09 04:34 PM
    That is classic. A replica!!!!! LMFAO

02-28-09 05:24 PM
    "It took all my effort not to laugh at his obvious ignorance. "

In other words, he was right? It was thicker, etc. and didn't look like the 8900? In other words, he was familiar enough with the 8900 to know the subtle differences between that two? That's not ignorance... why were you the store in the first place already having everything you need? No... I'm not a rep, etc.... never have been.
    03-01-09 11:44 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD