Has anyone had any problems with their Storm and a case (with magnetic sensor) for their Storm? I ordered a case from Fortte, and it did not work as advertised. I placed the Storm into the case as speced, and it would not go into standby. If I flipped the Storm around, then it would go into Standby. Fortte sent me another case, and it did the same thing. I'm waiting on them to see if they have a bad batch of cases, but I thought I would check here to see if anyone else has issues, or if my phone might be the source of the problem.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Eric
    02-27-09 01:04 AM
    Eric,
    Yes, I too have had problems with the Fortte case, which, except for this one problem, I really like. Under a controlled test (same relative use, same location), having the storm naked in my pocket results in less than 20% battery usage per day. Putting it in the Fortte case, it uses greater than 60% battery usage per day.
    It makes no sense to me, but I can reproduce it at will.
    Let me add, this is my first Blackberry, maybe I'm missing an optional setting.
    04-12-09 10:22 AM
    I like your forum name...

Fortte ended up making me a case that appears to be working correctly.

Question for you: what firmware are you using? Does your phone go into standby if you flip the phone around (like I had to do in with the original cases Fortte sent me)?

On the older firmwares, touching the screen tends to wake up the phone too much, even in standby. If you reverse the phone, it might finally go into standby, which could reduce your power useage.

Just a thought...

Eric
    04-12-09 10:34 PM
    Eric,
    Sorry for the belated reply. I'm using 4.7.0.75. Oddly enough, it looks like it goes into sleep mode when I put in in the case. I can see the screen turn off. Whatever is going on, it's doing it with the screen off.
    I tried disabling the convenience buttons on the side, but it made no difference.

I'm going to try and contact RIM to see what they think.
    04-15-09 07:04 PM
    DrStrange,

You're still running on .75 which could be the basis for the problem. You might see the issue solved if Verizon and RIM would release the update for the Storm...

Eric
    04-16-09 03:40 PM
    Right you are. 148 fixed this nagging problem.
    06-05-09 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD