I was not really impressed with the Pre untill I saw some video, but I would love to know if anyone is going to buy it? Palm has the Pre, but then what? is that going to be it? I cant see myself switching to another phone ever!!!
    02-26-09 11:33 PM
    I don't know if I can go back to a palm. The pre looks good but I will wait it out untill all the bugs are worked out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 11:45 PM
    i can easily see my self switching to another phone the only reason i didnt wait for the pre because it will not have a video recorder.... and if it does ill just wait a year i guess!!
    02-27-09 12:08 AM
    Yeah the no video camera boggles me. You would think for such a power pda they would give it a camera?
    I guess it is just like the iphone where it can't send pic messages.

02-27-09 12:34 AM
    I'm gonna get the Pre when its released. I'll just throw it on the second line and keep it as a toy. My BB will always be my #1 true love though.
    02-27-09 12:37 AM
    I'd definitely try a Pre. I like the look of the OS in the videos.
    Last edited by redfish907; 02-27-09 at 12:44 AM.
    02-27-09 12:38 AM
    U sure there's no video?

02-27-09 12:57 AM
    I'm ditching my 8330 for a Pre ASAP.

02-27-09 02:00 AM
    I think I told my BB "till death do us part"...I'm interested in how well the Pre will perform in real life situations, so I'll be watching carefully after its release. But for the time being, it's BB for me. I still have a bitter taste from the old Palms (especially the Centro).
    02-27-09 10:23 AM
    I think I told my BB "till death do us part"...I'm interested in how well the Pre will perform in real life situations, so I'll be watching carefully after its release. But for the time being, it's BB for me. I still have a bitter taste from the old Palms (especially the Centro).
    Yeah, I'd like to see how the Pre does in real-life situations. Will it muser up to rigorous expectations?? Who knows.
    02-27-09 04:38 PM
    U sure there's no video?

As of rite now palm has said that there is no video recording for the pre.
    They are not saying if it will ever have it or not.

02-27-09 05:01 PM
    As of rite now palm has said that there is no video recording for the pre.
    They are not saying if it will ever have it or not.

No video recording? Kind of reminds me of the iPhone.. Except it has MMS.
    02-27-09 05:05 PM
    yea thats the only drawback for me.. which is pretty wierd a slick *** phone but no video recorder it suppose to be smart :P
    02-27-09 05:53 PM
    Yep, but who wud want to

03-01-09 05:52 PM
    Well, some folks just gotta find out the hard way, just like most addictions.

03-01-09 06:13 PM
    I'm seriously thinking about it. I mean if I went to Sprint, my bill would be about $70 versus the $100 I pay for T-Mobile. I currently have the 8900..love the phone to death but the service sucks. The 2G Internet is slow, and T-Mobile constantly loses my payments. I have been without service for three days now. Don't get me wrong but the 8900 is the best Blackberry that I have ever used. I really wanted to get the Bold but I wasn't dropping $600 for the phone and deposit. So I don't know. I will seriously have to look this over for the next day or so.
    06-04-09 04:24 PM
    I'm using the storm I'm considering the switch. I already have 3 people willing to pick up my Storm/Contract so that won't be a factor.

I could very easily see someone making an APP for the pre that uses its camera to *stream* to an online source. I do enjoy having the Video camera on my Storm no doubt that is the biggest Meh to me when it comes to the Pre. But I think I could live without it, if everything else is top notch. I'll be going to best buy Saturday to see if they have any to try out.
    06-04-09 08:58 PM
    I will get rid of this 8330 for another phone I HATE the web browser and the phone just is feeling old.

06-04-09 09:05 PM
    I'm going to test it out now and I won't be back home until morning. So I will leave my comments and see if I'm wowed by it. I really want to get it.
    06-05-09 02:36 PM
    i played with one today and the keyboard is crazy tiny and hard to type on.
    still a sexy *** device, lol
    06-05-09 03:09 PM
    I was not really impressed with the Pre untill I saw some video, but I would love to know if anyone is going to buy it? Palm has the Pre, but then what? is that going to be it? I cant see myself switching to another phone ever!!!
    I owned 2 Palm Treo's before switching to BlackBerry. The few things I sorely miss about my Treo's are
    1) the touch screen + keyboard combination,
    2) silent shutter for camera use,
    3) spectacular recording quality when the Palm is used to record meetings, lectures, etc. (the mic on the BB Curve 8330 sucks in comparison to even my oldest Palm Treo -- just doesn't record much beyond whatever is sitting smack on top of the BB phone)

If the app developers - especially Google - return to the Palm platform, I will very seriously consider switching back to Palm when Verizon gets this baby.

Of course, it'll help if Palm appears to be a strong company once again. I honestly thought Palm was going to close a year ago. I'm glad I was wrong.

Edit: I just noticed the comments that video capability isn't available on the Pre. Confirmed it on the Palm web site. CAN'T BELIEVE the Pre doesn't have a video camera, especially considering even the old Treo's did.

No video? No sale.

(Don't know what Palm was thinking when they elected to leave video recording out of the feature list.)
    Last edited by butcherbird; 06-05-09 at 03:29 PM. Reason: confirmed that video recording isn't available on the Pre.
    06-05-09 03:21 PM
    i played with one today and the keyboard is crazy tiny and hard to type on.
    still a sexy *** device, lol
    hey chris, so we talked bout this phone via bb messenger. i did mention the keyboard to ya....is it the make or break that most are sayin it is or is it something you could get used to pretty easily?

i have both now and love the pre. its easy to use, the apps store is launched (not much there now but its a matter of having developers do their thing) and has some deceint stuff on it, the web is slick, synergy idea works well...ya an addict could def switch.
    06-05-09 04:03 PM
    i have both now and love the pre. its easy to use, the apps store is launched (not much there now but its a matter of having developers do their thing) and has some deceint stuff on it, the web is slick, synergy idea works well...ya an addict could def switch.
    Are you saying that the Pre is going to have an Apps store like BB and IPhone?
    06-05-09 06:18 PM
    Most major OS phones are going to have app stores...

Basically everybody is rolling them out.
    06-05-09 06:21 PM
    That would be pretty smart. I love my BB but I see certain apps on the IPhone I wish we could use. But I guess there will never be a perfect smartphone that does everything "everyone" wants either.
    06-05-09 06:23 PM
84 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD