Hey everyone,

This scratch started off really small and grew till it reached the edge of the phone (like a windshield when its cracked). If i run my fingernail along it i can only feel an indent where the scratch originated from. Does anyone have any advice in buffing it out? i dont want to make it worse...also do you think having a screen protector will help conceal it more?

Thanks

attached is what it looks like
    02-26-09 08:18 PM
    You can replace the screen at cnn.cn

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 08:22 PM
    thanks they must have just gotten those i looked there a few days ago. but before i spend a 100 dollars does anyone have any experience with buffing?
    02-26-09 08:28 PM
    thanks they must have just gotten those i looked there a few days ago. but before i spend a 100 dollars does anyone have any experience with buffing?
    if you have insurance, pay the 50 bucks and get a new phone.. its cheeper then a new screen
    02-26-09 08:29 PM
    If you got insurance on the phone, you can get a replacement for $50 instead of dropping $100
    02-26-09 08:32 PM
    if you have insurance, pay the 50 bucks and get a new phone.. its cheeper then a new screen
    I know the deductible for new BlackBerries on Sprint is now $100 or will be very very shortly. What is it with Verizon? Have they gone up yet?
    02-26-09 08:32 PM
    $50 last I heard
    02-26-09 08:34 PM
    that's not a scratch it's a crack.
    i wish i had insurance but i didn't get it (which was a huge mistake) but i do believe asurion still charges 50 dollars...i just had a fight with my roommate about whether its a scratch or a crack lol
    I don't know a lot about buffing....but I have a good feeling buffing a screen like the storms is going to be to difficult...I would either put in a claim or pay for the new screen.
    still 50 dollars, nno talk either with them raising it up.. its gonna be 50 bucks for a while to come yet
    02-26-09 08:35 PM
    Dude, that's not a scratch. That is a crack in the glass.
    that's not a scratch it's a crack.

Lol thats what I was thinking......lol I was ready to give the usual answer "you have the OEM screen protector on still".

He knows its not a scratch. Seems like either he is a joker or another Troll looking for attention. Getting any high priced smartphone and not get insurance is totally crazy.
    02-26-09 08:47 PM
    looks for attention? are you crazy i wanted to see if there were any options to fix my screen.someone sent me a good link for a website to order oem parts so i was semi successful ....flame on shatiek
    02-26-09 10:07 PM
    He knows its not a scratch. Seems like either he is a joker or another Troll looking for attention. Getting any high priced smartphone and not get insurance is totally crazy.
    The storm has a 1 year warranty unless i am mistaken, whereas most verizon phones are 30 days. I didn't buy insurance because of that warranty, and went to a verizon store when my storm started having touch screen problems (no screen proctector, not even oem one) and they replaced it no questions asked.

My experience with asurion has never been good, yes they have good customer service, and are very quick, but every time i have dealt with them the refurbished phone i got never worked as well as the original and in most cases didn't last longer than 3 months. Honestly i feel like asurion takes the broken phones they receive and wipes the data and re-installs the phones OS. Then they just put on a new case over the old broken internals
    02-26-09 10:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD