Hey, I just got my replacement storm in the mail today and I want to activate it myself. How do I do this. I searched for a little, but surprisingly I couldn't find anything. I think I just did a bad search. Any help would be appreciated.
    02-26-09 02:16 PM
    type *228 and listen to the option, which i believe it is 1.
    02-26-09 02:19 PM
    It told me activation was unsuccessful and to call Verizon customer support or something. Do i need to deactivate my old phone or something? I literally just opened up my new phone, but the battery and card into it from my old phone and turned it on. I've done nothing else, so what is the next step?
    02-26-09 02:26 PM
    Yes it does sound like you will need to call CR and get your original deactivated. This probably the most simple way and make sure you are on a landline when calling.
    02-26-09 02:41 PM
    You can also try doing it on the website where it says "active new/existing device" or something to that effect.
    02-26-09 02:42 PM
    You can also try doing it on the website where it says "active new/existing device" or something to that effect.
    Hey zazzified, thanks I knew there was another way but couldn't think of it.
    02-26-09 02:52 PM
    or, and not to be an a*s, but read the info that came with the shipment. There is a pamphlet that should say something like "READ THIS FIRST"...

the info on how to activate should be in there. if not, then just as zazz said - log into vzw.com, under quick links "activate my phone", and then activate equipment". make sure you choose "replacement device" as the reason.
    02-26-09 02:56 PM
    dial *228 press option 3 and then it will ask you for your phone number and ether the last 4 of the social of the account holder or the account password then it will say updating ur account and then it will be programed
    03-02-09 01:07 AM
    talked to my buddies at the store and it's *228 with option 3 like ALLUU said.
    03-02-09 01:12 AM
    then your buddies told you wrong, or you did not make it clear what you were trying to do.

*228/3 is only for customer provided equipment. read: you got the phone from a friend, family, ebay, alien, deity, etc.

if this was a replacement sent to you from VZW, then you should activate it correctly to avoid any potential hassle in the future if you ahve to replace it again. reason being is there are reason codes that "stamp" the esn change in the system. not having the correct "stamp" can cause more hassle than their worth if questions or problems arise.
    03-05-09 04:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD