Ok, first the blackberry started out fine, then one day it started duplicating the calendar appointments only on the blackberry not in outlook. (I dont' use the wireless sync service at all. just the usb connection)

Once it started duplicating the calendar appointments, I backed up my calendar, recreated the calendar as well as cleared the calendar manually from the blackberry.

Resynced to a new calendar (changed it in desktop manager to point to new calendar). Synced a second time and this time it didn't duplicate.

Problem #2. Now that it's not duplicating the entries (only on the blackberry, not in outlook) when I create an appt. on the blackberry it doesn't sync to outlook.

the desktop manager is set to sync, ask for conflicts etc.

The version of outlook is 2003 SP 2, XP is on the computer. The blackberry is 8300 Curve v4.2.2.89 - Desktop manager version 4.2.2.14 and finally BB device manager version 3.2.0.1

Thanks in advance for the help.
    06-13-07 03:34 AM
    I too have the BB Curve but have not experienced those problems. I'm pretty sure I have the same software (Desktop Mgr, XP SP2) that you mentioned as well. Have you tried uninstalling the BB software and then reinstalling it? At some point it should ask you which device "wins" when there are conflicts in the calendar with appointments. Choose one and resync. Hopefully, that will help you.
    06-13-07 07:34 AM
    I too have the BB Curve but have not experienced those problems. I'm pretty sure I have the same software (Desktop Mgr, XP SP2) that you mentioned as well. Have you tried uninstalling the BB software and then reinstalling it? At some point it should ask you which device "wins" when there are conflicts in the calendar with appointments. Choose one and resync. Hopefully, that will help you.

Not any help. Have previously done that. Also as far as which device wins (conflicts) it was told to ask me which one wins. I have tried also switching it from sync to Import as well as Export and then back to Sync again.
    06-13-07 08:20 AM
    This is a known issue. Im also having the problem where nothing syncs with outlook but everything goes to the phone. Everything is set to sync in both directions and notify of a conflict. Apparently its a firmware issue they are resolving at the moment.
    06-14-07 01:00 PM
    I could have sworn, as per RIM & T-Mobile support that deleting the CICAL from service books (options / advanced options / service book / CICAL / delete) and then doing a resend service books from your providers website (BIS) would corrected this...
    06-14-07 01:58 PM
    Im not going to jinx myself here, but since I got my new device last night, its been syncing perfectly. Everything goes from one to the other in both calendar and contacts. Dont know what the difference is other than new model is made in Canada and old one was in Mexico. Also I switched onto a BB plan. That might have something to do with it.
    06-15-07 07:41 PM
    For any users running on a Mac (which I sync to Microsoft Entourage)...
    I dealt with this issue for a week, and finally (I hope) found the fix.
    Open the .Mac Sync Preferences.
    Disable sync of Calendars.
    Good luck to all. It is very very painful when things dont sync.
    06-25-07 10:47 PM
    Ok, first the blackberry started out fine, then one day it started duplicating the calendar appointments only on the blackberry not in outlook. (I dont' use the wireless sync service at all. just the usb connection)

Once it started duplicating the calendar appointments, I backed up my calendar, recreated the calendar as well as cleared the calendar manually from the blackberry.

Resynced to a new calendar (changed it in desktop manager to point to new calendar). Synced a second time and this time it didn't duplicate.

Problem #2. Now that it's not duplicating the entries (only on the blackberry, not in outlook) when I create an appt. on the blackberry it doesn't sync to outlook.

the desktop manager is set to sync, ask for conflicts etc.

The version of outlook is 2003 SP 2, XP is on the computer. The blackberry is 8300 Curve v4.2.2.89 - Desktop manager version 4.2.2.14 and finally BB device manager version 3.2.0.1

Thanks in advance for the help.
    I am having the same problem. How did you clear the calendar manually in Curve? Have you resolved this issue?
    07-08-07 08:45 AM
    This is a known issue. Im also having the problem where nothing syncs with outlook but everything goes to the phone. Everything is set to sync in both directions and notify of a conflict. Apparently its a firmware issue they are resolving at the moment.
    Hello , i had the same issue, and upgraded to OS following a thread on this forum, sync is ok now. (both ways)
    Since I'm new, i cannot post the url here, but search for my posts and you will find it.

Best Regards!
    07-09-07 11:35 AM
    I'm having a problem with my Outlook and BB. I have notes in my Outlook with no due date and when I sync it assigns a bizzare date. Is this an Outlook or a BB issue?
    07-20-07 11:57 AM
    Newbie to this forum and to the Curve. I cannot get any form of sync with outlook. Can someone walk me through it? I have all the software installed and nothing. Please help
    07-31-07 03:55 PM
    Alan, so you have desktop manager installed, and have connected the BlackBerry to your pc, and selected sync? Did you get an error message?

Make sure wireless sync, from the device, is off, then try again...
    07-31-07 08:33 PM
    All is connected no error message. I am sorry but I dont know how to turn off the wireless sync on the BB. I feel a ****.
    08-01-07 10:04 AM
    From the device, go to Calendar / Menu / Options / scroll down to wireless sync. But, normally if you sync from the Desktop Manager, and wireless sync is ON, it will tell you. But, you say you're not getting an error message...

Very difficult to assist in a situation like this. You might have to call your carrier...
    08-01-07 10:13 AM
    I have looked through the forum and this appears to be the most relevant thread away from the Optus OS thread. I have AT&T and I, too, am having the odd sync problem. Double entries on my BB. Entries on BB are NOT synced to Outlook. Don't want to load the Optus OS since there are mixed reviews with it and the AT&T package. Has there been a resolution for the AT&T version? Thanks
    Last edited by coldspring; 08-21-07 at 03:18 PM.
    08-21-07 03:05 PM
    I installed the new version of Optus following the discussion thread's steps. I have an AT&T BB Curve. All is fine....
    08-21-07 05:31 PM

Deleting the CICAL(s) in my service book - worked perfectly.
    Thank you so much!
    04-17-09 08:42 AM
    I am a Storm user and I have sync problems also with ver 4.5 and up. When I try to sync my 2003 Outlook calendar it goes to a certain point and then I get an error message stating the "the operation has terminated unexpectedly." My question is, if I install DM ver. 4.2.2, can I still use it to update my Storm that is using Device Software 4.7?
    04-17-09 11:36 AM
    It is not he DM's issue something else is going on.

Overview

After installing BlackBerry Desktop Manager, the following error message appears when synchronizing Calendar data:

Operation terminated unexpectedly

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cause
    This issue may be caused by one of the following:

Lotus Notes is not installed on the computer running BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    Multiple instances of Lotus Notes exist on the computer.
    An organizer application is causing the synchronization to fail.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resolution
    Complete the appropriate resolution for the cause.

Cause 1
    Lotus Notes is not installed on the computer running BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

Resolution
    Install Lotus Notes on the computer running BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

Cause 2
    Multiple instances of Lotus Notes exist on the computer.

Resolution
    Delete all Lotus Notes folders except for the Lotus Notes folder associated with the organizer data that you want to synchronize.

Warning: The following procedure involves modifying the computer registry. This can cause substantial damage to the Windows� operating system. Document and back up the registry entries prior to implementing any changes.

Complete the following steps:

Go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
    Remove all instances of the Lotus Notes except for the instance associated with the organizer data that you want to synchronize.
    Go to the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Lotus\Notes
    Delete all Lotus Notes folders except for the Lotus Notes folder associated with the organizer data that you want to synchronize.
    Close the Registry Editor.

Cause 3

An organizer application is causing the synchronization to fail.

Resolution
    To identify which organizer application is causing the synchronization to fail, complete the following steps:

Identify the organizer application that is causing the synchronization to fail by synchronizing each application separately until the problem recurs. For instructions, see KB03069.
    Enable advanced logging to debug synchronization transaction errors. For more information see KB01451.

You can go to Smartphones, Cell Phones & Smart Phones at BlackBerry.com to see the tech library there for referenced KB articles
    Last edited by lastraid; 04-17-09 at 11:42 AM.
    04-17-09 11:38 AM
    Deleting the CICAL(s) in my service book worked for me as well.
    Thank you!
    05-26-09 10:24 PM
    Guys,

Strange thing happened to me...
    I upgraded my Curve 3G to OS6 and the Desktop Software too..
    Then I realised that I can only sync my contacts with my Outlook 2007. All my calender entries were not sync!

Then I checked the DS, and found that the calender option on the Organizer section of the Desktop Software is not installed.

Strange why it is not installed. I thought it could be due to the Wireless Sync and I then I found out that I can't find the calender Wireless Sync to turn it off... Somehow I don't think the Wireless Sync is the culprit here.

Anyone here facing the same problem?
    01-04-11 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD