My first observation just from opening the box was the size of this device. Really, really small and compact. I think that's what hit me first. Small to the point of thinking they just took the Pearl and stretched out the width slightly.

I purchased a Best Skin Ever body and I also found a nice leather case. I'll post a pic once everything is applied. It seemed like a nice alternative to the other cases/skins I've seen.

The woman at the TM store told me they sold of this device 4 times already.
    02-26-09 09:48 AM
    welcome to the 8900 family! I myself got mine a week ago, and am already considering leaving my girlfriend for it! You'll come to find that you'll love everything about it, definately the best blackberry to come out of RIM. And just as awesome, you've got so many people here to help out with any and all questions! Definately post some pics when you get your case on. It's true the 8900 have sold out many times, probably because anyone who ever had a 8300 series knows that the 8900 is the original curve, but like superman. I think that's why they never really did that much marketing for the 8900 and it still sold out!
    02-26-09 10:32 AM
    I had an 8700g for 2 1/2 years and it never gave me an once of trouble. My only conversion really will be going from the track wheel to the track ball.

I've handled all of the Berrys that have come out since my 8700g and this 8900 is definitely the most attractive to me, despite dealing with TM's network which is not very friendly.
    02-26-09 11:18 AM
    Welcome to the 8900 family! Great phone, isn't it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 11:25 AM
    Welcome to the family!

You're going to love your device.
    02-26-09 11:27 AM
    I put a BSE on my 8900 but I didn't like it at all...It made it look cheaper and pretty much made the brushed metal batt. cover look like plastic...I just use a mirror screen protector-it looks sweeeet
    02-26-09 11:36 AM
    I'll give it a shot and see how I like it. If I'm not crazy about it I'll go back to the Zagg which was my original intention of doing. I used a Zagg shield for my screen and I liked it despite the orange peal effect.

Most posters have really liked the BSE so I figured I'd give it a go.
    02-26-09 11:41 AM
    Welcome! I'm sure you will enjoy this device as much as we all are.
    02-26-09 12:07 PM
    Welcome to the fam...
    02-26-09 12:12 PM
    all tmobile stores in location across county of sacramento already sold out for 8900...
    02-26-09 04:49 PM
    all tmobile stores in location across county of sacramento already sold out for 8900...
    I think the whole Valley is sold out here in Elk Grove/Lodi/Stockton they are all sold out!
    02-26-09 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD