the bold and strom have my wife and i looking hard core....

should i???
    02-26-09 07:31 AM
    It depends on a number of different things. Is the Verizon coverage in your area better than your current Sprint coverage? Why have a sexy phone if you can't pick up a signal?

Can you get a better/cheaper plan if you switch to Verizon?

Has your CS been really good with Sprint?

So you just have to figure out the best deal and coverage for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Kangaruex; 02-26-09 at 08:00 AM.
    02-26-09 07:37 AM
    make the switch man... you'll love it!
    02-26-09 07:38 AM
    Also right now with Verizon they are buy 1 get one free! So you could pay for a storm and then get one free if you wanted.
    02-26-09 07:41 AM
    It depends on a number of different things. Is the Verizon coverage in your area better than your current Sprint coverage? Why have a sexy phone if you can't pick up a signal?

Can you get a better/cheaper plan if you switch to Verizon?

Has your CS been really good with Sprint?

You can also purchase a bold and storm, unlock them and use them on Sprint. So you just have to figure out the best deal and coverage for you.

To the very best of my knowledge, you cannot use an unlocked phone on Sprint or Verizon.

02-26-09 07:48 AM
    To the very best of my knowledge, you cannot use an unlocked phone on Sprint or Verizon.

OK, this is the SIM card issue. If it has a SIM card it can't be used. If it doesn't it can? I think that is right. I will correct my post to prevent spreading misinformation. I don't know why I didn't think of the SIM issue. Thanks.

Last edited by Kangaruex; 02-26-09 at 08:10 AM.
    02-26-09 07:59 AM
    I myself have been with Verizon for at least 6 years now, and I've never had any trouble with them at all. I've always had great customer service when I needed help, either in a store or over the phone.
    I do feel like the package pricing could be a little better, but all of them get a little more costly when you're dealing with phones such as the BlackBerry that require you to get a data package.

I rarely ever run into areas where I can't get a signal, and when I do it's most likely an area where you couldn't get coverage on any kind of cell phone (mountainous areas with no cell towers in sight, etc). I don't usually have issues with dropped calls either, unless I'm going into an area that I know has a dead zone (which is rare).

So really, making that choices does depend on how VZW coverage is in YOUR area. You might want to talk to some friends in your area that have VZW, and ask them how their service is, etc.

Good luck!
    02-26-09 08:18 AM
    Also right now with Verizon they are buy 1 get one free! So you could pay for a storm and then get one free if you wanted.
    Yeah that's an awesome deal they have right now...
    02-26-09 08:23 AM
    OK, this is the SIM card issue. If it has a SIM card it can't be used. If it doesn't it can? I think that is right. I will correct my post to prevent spreading misinformation. I don't know why I didn't think of the SIM issue. Thanks.

In order for a BB to be activated on VZW service, it must be VZW branded. ATT and TMobile use the sim cards, which is part of what is called GSM technology.

Verizon, Sprint, USCellular, and some others are on what is called CDMA technology. Some of their phones may have the SIM card, but that is for international travel only.

02-26-09 09:50 AM
    I hated sprint and there terrible service. I switched to verizon, whose CS was way more friendly and knowledgeable than Sprints, who alternated between incompetent and belligerent.
    02-26-09 10:11 AM
    love verizon, but that's just because i require lots of attention on the customer service department haha.

just a tip, verizon doesn't (as of now) carry the bold, you'd have to wander over to AT&T for that
    02-26-09 10:23 AM
    Yeah, the CS on sprint sucks.. I would have to pay to get out of my contract but at part it does not bother me cause it just dont... N i would love the storm, or wait for the new bold... Service is about the same out here for both... So if CS is better and the phone are better all i have to do is make the switch..
    02-26-09 02:34 PM
    Switch to Verizon, I've had Sprint, T-Mobile and Cingular back in the day, my friend has AT&T and my sister T-Mobile...Verizon is by far the best. I get coverage in Nowhere, USA
    02-26-09 03:47 PM
    We'd love to have you!
    02-26-09 04:00 PM
    Don't do it! We'll get those great phones at some point in the next year!!! Maybe. I hope. Probably not.
    02-26-09 04:06 PM
    Haha.

This is me adding more characters so I can actually post the message.
    02-26-09 04:21 PM
    02-26-09 04:46 PM
    You're a hax0r.
    02-26-09 06:15 PM
    02-26-09 06:20 PM
    Yes you should. Coverage, Customer Service, and the Storm.
    03-02-09 05:39 PM
    I have nothing but good things to say about VZW. Good service, cutting edge phones, but I will say sprint is a lil cheaper, but with VZW you gain a lot more besides a bill that's a little higher. I vote VZW!!!!
    03-02-09 06:54 PM
    I am a new dad and have found that my curve helps out a lot! Between keeping my "to do" list organized, I rely on my calendar to keep track of appts and such. My curve even has its spot in the diaper bag. My girlfriend has a curve too and we can BBM each other for quick stuff. Just wondering how many parents out there feel the same way about their BB...never leave home without it!
    03-02-09 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD