I'm not trying to be condescending, but what would some one do if their storm got busted up in an accident and needed to call 911.
    02-26-09 06:31 AM
    voice dial 911
    02-26-09 06:43 AM
    Hmm, whip out your secondary seemingly-indestructible reserve cell phone?

Shoot flares into the sky?

Take The Club and javelin hurl it at oncoming traffic to commandeer their cell phone?

Take your clothes off and run around nekkid? (The cops will come eventually)

Light cigarette, insert into gas tank, let the cops follow the trail?

Onstar.
    02-26-09 06:47 AM
    Walk over to the guy that caused the accident, Knock him out, and take his phone and call 911..
    02-26-09 06:49 AM
    let's see. what did I do before cell phones were everywhere? I would have found a payphone..But now they are rare to see. hmm.. I guess hope someone else calls. lol
    02-26-09 06:53 AM
    Run around in circles in your underwear screaming "I'm on fire. I'm on fire." ala Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights. You can explain after you get to the hospital why you don't need to go to the psych. ward.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 06:53 AM
    In these days and age, every person has a cell phone. When there is an accident, chances are 10 people have already called 911 before you.

It actually happened to me once about 10 years ago. I saw an accident just happened on the highway. I called 911. The operator told me they had already received a couple calls on that same accident. And it was 10 years ago.

02-26-09 06:59 AM
    What would u do if you were in an accident and any phone got busted up? How is having a Storm in this situation any different? Either way...the phone is broken...OnStar?
    02-26-09 07:01 AM
    Hmm, whip out your secondary seemingly-indestructible reserve cell phone?

Shoot flares into the sky?

Take The Club and javelin hurl it at oncoming traffic to commandeer their cell phone?

Take your clothes off and run around nekkid? (The cops will come eventually)

Light cigarette, insert into gas tank, let the cops follow the trail?

Onstar.
    lmao this response is hilarious...
    02-26-09 07:05 AM
    We just need an app that is capable of recognizing it's user has been in an accident...then call 911!
    02-26-09 07:09 AM
    In these days and age, every person has a cell phone. When there is an accident, chances are 10 people have already called 911 before you.

It actually happened to me once about 10 years ago. I saw an accident just happened on the highway. I called 911. The operator told me they had already received a couple calls on that same accident. And it was 10 years ago.

I couldnt agree with you more.

What would u do if you were in an accident and any phone got busted up? How is having a Storm in this situation any different? Either way...the phone is broken...OnStar?
    Its not. Not at all. Ever since some people got the Storm, they equate everything in life to it. I would shock the eyebrows off their head to realize a Storm is just a phone. It can be made of pure gold...but if its busted, its busted and that applies to any phone.

So the question should have been what would you do if your PHONE was busted and you needed to call 911.
    02-26-09 07:44 AM
    We just need an app that is capable of recognizing it's user has been in an accident...then call 911!
    Perhaps one day they will come out with a car that can call 911 for you in split seconds before the accident. Intelligent application likes this should be on the car, not on the cell phone.

02-26-09 09:35 AM
    I think this actually warrants some serious discussion.

However, I think it should be based on something more like -

What would you do if you needed to call 911 and your Storm was slow, sluggish, and possibly freezing as they seem to do quite often? Worse yet, if it pulled one of it's 'Random Restarts' and took 5 minutes to get up and running again!!!

I know I've thought about this before. If I needed to call ASAP and my phone restarted on me I could pass out, or be shot or something. Have you thought about that? I think in this sense it's quite impractical.
    02-26-09 09:47 AM
    I actually had to use my Storm for an emergency call.

It worked just fine. Have concerns? Return it.
    02-26-09 09:53 AM

So the question should have been what would you do if your PHONE was busted and you needed to call 911.
    I agree, something severe enough to break the screen, would probably be severe enough to break the keyboard/keypad on any other phone as well.

as to the software issue, that is a concern yes, but that wasn't really the question asked :P
    02-26-09 09:54 AM
    It is funny that you mention this. I had to call 911 this weekend and had to unlock my storm 5 times to be able to call. Scary! We didn't have a home phone but one is being connected on sat.

02-26-09 09:57 AM
    I actually had to use my Storm for an emergency call.

well stated
    02-26-09 09:58 AM
    Perhaps one day they will come out with a car that can call 911 for you in split seconds before the accident. Intelligent application likes this should be on the car, not on the cell phone.

well Onstar calls immediately after an accident.... i dont see how it would be possible for a car to know that someone else is going to run a red light and T-bone you going 50 MPH....
    02-26-09 10:00 AM
    DarrVao777:
    Please don't turn this thread into a "If you don't like this phone, return it" thread. This is a genuine issue with this phone.

I've had 4 different BlackBerry's over the last several years, and I'm very happy with many of the features of this device as I have been with the previous models. So I would appreciate if we could keep this on topic and not have people trying to act like BlackBerry "Elitists."
    02-26-09 12:46 PM
    DarrVao777:

Please don't turn this thread into a "If you don't like this phone, return it" thread. This is a genuine issue with this phone.

I've had 4 different BlackBerry's over the last several years, and I'm very happy with many of the features of this device as I have been with the previous models. So I would appreciate if we could keep this on topic and not have people trying to act like BlackBerry "Elitists."
    Please don't try and overreact.

I used the Storm in a 911 situation and it held up beautifully.

If you don't have the same confidence in your Storm to do that, you should return it. Like you said, that would be a genuine issue. Discussing it on the forums isn't going to magically speed up your phone.

Believe me, if my phone rebooted while I needed it for a 911 call, it would have found its way back on a store shelf the very next day.
    02-26-09 01:06 PM
    What would some one do if their BRAIN got busted up in an accident and they needed to call 911? Thats a more likely situation.

Haven't you people seen the OnStar commercial that points out that most cell phones fall into some unseen nook, are out of reach or broken after an accident.

The solution is government mandated cell phone seat belts.
    02-26-09 01:06 PM
    Clearly this question points out the serious need for an app that helps users avoid accidents...
    02-26-09 01:09 PM
    This post is full of win.
    02-26-09 01:13 PM
    I'm not trying to be condescending, but what would some one do if their storm got busted up in an accident and needed to call 911.
    I'm not sure I understand your point. What would you do if you found yourself outdoors and had to take an emergency crap? With no toilet paper. Use a leaf? Your phone?

If you're really that worried about an accident get one of those, "I've fallen and I can't get up" necklaces.

Good grief people!
    02-26-09 01:15 PM
    I'm not sure I understand your point. What would you do if you found yourself outdoors and had to take an emergency crap? With no toilet paper. Use a leaf? Your phone?

If you're really that worried about an accident get one of those, "I've fallen and I can't get up" necklaces.

Good grief people!
    Oh c'mon now. That's old technology

Check this out!

The big red palm is for boos boos.

#1 is for Mommy. I'm still working on #2-#4.
    02-26-09 01:20 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD