Well it's been roughly 3 days since installing .109 and no random reboots or freezes. Two days running with out rebooting and although the phone is a bit slower and sometimes stalls during accelerometer movement other that those small issues it's been good. App memory is down to 11.5MB and as someone who used to own a 8XXX devices i'm TRYING really hard not to reboot the phone to see how long this can stay stable.

Anyone else good with this build?

EDIT: In the time it took me to post this it dropped down to 10.3MB. Must resist urge to reboot!
    02-26-09 02:04 AM
    I removed quite a few files before installing .109

When I boot up I'm at 49mb after about 12 hours it drops down to about 42-43mb. After 24 hours without a reboot, memory was down to 38mb. bout 32hours in now, at 37.7mb. still running great
    02-26-09 02:07 AM
    I removed quite a few files before installing .109

When I boot up I'm at 49mb after about 12 hours it drops down to about 42-43mb. After 24 hours without a reboot, memory was down to 38mb. bout 32hours in now, at 37.7mb. still running great
    Same here. On reboot i'm at about 51MB free but after two days under 15MB the phone is running fine but man. Anyway i'll leave it charging and check it when i wake up and post the memory. I do notice the later OS builds recover memory pretty well.
    02-26-09 02:15 AM
    The only issue I have is my email's no longer make a sound and my text sounds pretty much alternate between all of the choices... Kind of annoying because I no longer recognize when I'm recieving a text. Other than that my memory has been great and locks and unlocks faster than 103
    02-26-09 02:18 AM
    running strong. No random reboots or resets. The only batt pulls i have done are from installing apps. There is a slight memory leak but it holds steady between 20-30mb, down from 43mb fresh. Only problem i have is battery time is slightly reduced. Other than that very fast and stable. Hoping the battery will get better in a few days
    02-26-09 03:03 AM
    So far so good for me with .109. No random reboots and freezing up. Did experience some slight intermittent accelerometer stuff this evening, but nothing major.

I'm still likin' it!
    02-26-09 03:26 AM
    One random reboot 1st day while using Google Talk. I also did a battery pull today to adjust the torx screws. Other than that it's been great.
    02-26-09 03:38 AM
    Uptime 84 hrs (without charging battery!!!), no battpulls/restarts or freezes; free memory dropped after syncing via MissingSync for Mac 2.0 from a steady 32 MB to around 12 MB yesterday. Battery still at 45 percent (disable radio for the night, using 2G only on daytime).
    To me, .109 seems to be very stable.
    02-26-09 04:09 AM
    84 hours without chargin your battery????? do you have that extended battery thng whatever its called???
    02-26-09 04:30 AM
    no, it is just the standard battery. As I said: I use 2G only, disable radio at night, did just a spot of surfing, played some rounds Nintaii, sent half a dozen texts, received about 30 mails, sent ten, but I had just three or for phone calls. And I used the music player for about 30 minutes, via BT headset.

Someone told me to disable the EventLog, which I did using "QuickLaunch".
    This seems to save a lot of energy. Be that as it may, IMO using the Storm for phone calls and GPS seem to take most out of the battery...
    02-26-09 05:09 AM
    All is well here. this is as stable and productive OS there's been so far. Just think how wonderful this thing will be when they get ALL the kinks out of it! :>)
    02-26-09 06:26 AM
    No random reboots. I have quickpull set to run every morning. I have no battery issues unless I'm playing games
    Or that stupid lightsaver...lol... Minor keyboard lag when writing on here for example
    Really no major issues

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 06:47 AM
    No freezes. No random reboots (but I haven't had that in a long time. .83 maybe?) OS is very fast. Typing fast (even in the browser.) Fastest browser so far. Battery life was weird, the first day it drained right down, but has been fine ever since. I have not done a battery pull since the OS was installed. Memory ~31 megs.

I have installed Weatherbug, Google Maps, BlackStar and Signalloc.
    02-26-09 08:24 AM
    No reboots... however I do get hourglass from time to time.
    02-26-09 08:26 AM
    Going on 3 days here too and going strong. I really don't even look at memory usage unless it starts acting up. Who really cares what is "says" your available memory is if everything is working.
    02-26-09 08:27 AM
    Had an issue this morning that 1XEV would not work and switch to 1xev. Had to battery pull but this was my only problem

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 08:31 AM
    Going on 3 days here too and going strong. I really don't even look at memory usage unless it starts acting up. Who really cares what is "says" your available memory is if everything is working.
    AMEN!^^ I don't have a problem with my app memory being at 11 or 12. I am one of those people that has a LOT of stuff installed on my device at any given moment, so it stays low. As long as it doesn't bottom out and I see the call log disappear or it starts acting up, I never look at it.

On topic though, 3 days here myself on .109 and going strong. Everything has functioned great since I fixed my little "battery life issue" (user error). I am excited to see what the next few OS releases bring to the table!
    02-26-09 08:32 AM
    Going strong here. MMS issue is annoying and can't wait until it's fixed, but I'm already jonesing for a new Beta leak. I just love messing around with the phone. I think I'll be dissapointed when the GC is out because then what do I look forward to? I guess a new phone at that point!
    02-26-09 08:34 AM
    Good point! I gotta get my head in that mode.

3 days now, now random reboots I have quickpull so it reboots at 5:00 am, I don't shut it off only showing 3 apps running. I use the internet a lot in the evening so recharge daily almost, however amount of battery usage seems justifiable by amount of use.
    02-26-09 08:36 AM
    I think you're right Kline. When I was still on... .99 was it? Just out of curiosity I checked my mem and it was down to 10 megs but the phone still ran fine. I'm beginning to think too much credence is placed in the significance of that stat.
    02-26-09 08:37 AM
    I got my first random reboot since I got my phone on launch day. But this really is a step up from .103. Very stable and my memory hovers around 22. The phone seems to run the same regardless of my memory.
    02-26-09 08:41 AM
    Uptime 84 hrs (without charging battery!!!), no battpulls/restarts or freezes; free memory dropped after syncing via MissingSync for Mac 2.0 from a steady 32 MB to around 12 MB yesterday. Battery still at 45 percent (disable radio for the night, using 2G only on daytime).
    To me, .109 seems to be very stable.
    WOW 84 Hours without charging. Do you only turn it on to look at it... LOL j/k 109 still going strong also for me. RIM is getting closer.
    02-26-09 08:43 AM
    1 random reboot here. It happend bout 12 hours or so after I updated. Was braggin bout how good it was going for me on BBM to a fellow stormer and it decided to reset on me.

I don't think my battery life is as good though.........its not horrible, just not quite as good.

I also run quickpull once a day usually.

My memory is the lowest its been in awhile right now at 26.2MB, but I'm also tethered to my computer right now.
    02-26-09 08:44 AM
    39 Hours without a battery pull!

ITS A RECORD! lol

I have done every Leaked upgrade and I can say that this one makes me content.....
    02-26-09 08:45 AM
    Same here. I've been on .109 since a few hours after it was posted --- no reboots, no lockups, and exceptional battery life. Speed doesn't seem to be any better or worse than .103... and as far as memory usage, I have yet to check or even worry about it.
    02-26-09 08:50 AM
124 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD