Just wondering if there is this type of a app for the blackberry looks like a great app.

Review: Ballistic Trajectory Calculator | iPhone Atlas - CNET Reviews

I've seen the iphone actually mounted to the rifle with this program and you can make quick calculations.

02-26-09 01:59 AM
    Ok that is going overboard. I doubt the Storm or iPhone can handle the vibes a snipers rifle puts out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 02:02 AM
    Actually, with a suppressor, the recoil is not that bad. It actually reduces quite a bit. Either way I wouldn't mount my phone to any rifle, just wanted the calculations without buying an iphone or ipod touch..
    02-26-09 02:07 AM
    Now that's an app I could really use and so far the only one I could see myself paying for. Doing all those calculations with paper and a calculator takes too d**n long for me. Lol. This would be very convenient.

02-26-09 02:08 AM
    I saw this on the news about a month ago, and I think the scope on the gun was designed to work specifically with the iPhone.
    02-26-09 06:50 AM
    I saw this on the news about a month ago, and I think the scope on the gun was designed to work specifically with the iPhone.
    Did you mean the case? The scope doesn't look like anything special...although that would be interesting. Put your numbers in the phone and it adjusts your scope for you...

I also don't see the point of mounting the phone to the gun. Seems like that would make it more difficult to use and you have the shock issue.
    02-26-09 07:20 AM
    Using this app has improved my accuracy tenfold.
    Bad joke. Sorry, couldn't resist
    02-26-09 07:33 AM
    Barret already has a unit out that incorpoerates a ballistic computer on a scope. Not cheep but better than reuning a phone.

02-26-09 07:40 AM
    Did you mean the case? The scope doesn't look like anything special...although that would be interesting. Put your numbers in the phone and it adjusts your scope for you...

I also don't see the point of mounting the phone to the gun. Seems like that would make it more difficult to use and you have the shock issue.
    Definately nothing special with the scope, this program was just designed to assist in calculations. I think mounting to the rifle was just an attempt to show possible configurations.
    02-26-09 10:47 AM
    Any word on a decent ballisitic calc for the storm?
    03-16-09 07:48 PM
    I'd be interested too.
    03-16-09 08:24 PM
    Wow, I must admit I feel a bit silly using my phone to make my kids giggle by making it fart when I see people using it as Ballistic trajectory calculator (man the forced fart is funny though).

Things like this make me think what will my 5 year old be using when he is 39!

Sorry I digress. I would love to know how this would work and if the storm can do it.
    03-16-09 09:11 PM
    I've been looking one of these apps too. I'd almost settle for a decent shooters log app.
    03-17-09 07:32 PM
    I can't see why the storm couldn't handle the recoil... other than the glass screen what would break? Besides, the largest round that rifle in the picture is using is most likely a .308, and that's a pretty tame round...
    Hopefully they'll release a app like this, although I'm guessing that there is a web-version out there you could just pull up on your browser instead.
    03-18-09 12:07 AM
    I just use the calculator on handloader.com or JBM, but my signal is usually great in northern indiana. I don't have the land for real long range shooting either. Also I don't think I would run that at any political speeches since I'm sure that would send up a red flag even if it was harmless, non-fire practice. That may "change" your living arrangements.
    03-18-09 07:36 AM
    Just figured id bump this thread since it has been in hibernation for so long and now hopefully they have something for the blackberry
    09-21-09 09:14 PM
    I have read more about this app and it also calculates from the accelerometer for angles pretty cool stuff! If the iphone has it I definately think the storm should as well.
    09-21-09 09:16 PM
    Now that I've been getting into long range shooting I'd like to know if there is a reliable calc for the storm out there! Atleast recommend!

02-16-10 08:53 AM
    Get "documents to go" or some other app that can open and edit xls spread sheets. Then go to jacksonrifles dot com, click on the link to ballistics then click on pejsa ballistics xls. After that you can plug in your own data and you will have a reliable ballistic calc on you BB. Read up on Arthur Pejsa and his theory on a variable drag coeficient. He is quite ballistician.
    02-23-10 11:41 PM
    I would not mount my phone on my rifle, but I too would pay for an app that would do ballistic calculations.

JPD217
    02-24-10 11:05 AM
    That is not a normal clip on mount for the phone. It is a shock mount designed to absorb the gunfire recoil so the phone doesn't have to. It is similar in principle to the seats our troops use in armored vehicles to protect them from the concussion of IEDs.

Please take some time to contact these folks and remind them of how popular the Blackberry platform is with 4 of the 6 best selling smartphones. Also let them know how much you'd like to see a Blackberry version of their app.

Ballistic: The Pro Ballistic Trajectory Calculator for the iPhone and iPod Touch
    Bulletflight 3.1.0
    [email protected] - this is the one listed on App World
    03-09-10 10:31 AM
    I got the ipod just for the Bulletflight program. You buy a third party mount so you can attach the ipod/iphone to your rifle. (Note: you do not need to mount the device to your rifle for it to work.) The only reason there is a mount is for getting a more precise shoot by adding the angle your rifle is at to the math. You can put in all the data into the range card without weapon angle and still get an acurate range card.

I do however wish that Bulletflight made a version for the BB or someone else, but what you gonna do for a market that is remote?
    09-23-10 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD