When i went to bed last night my phone probably had 65% of battery left i would say... and when i woke up in the morning, MY PHONE WAS COMPLETELY DEAD when i picked it up! Can someone come up with a answer/explanation for this one. this has never happened to me before with my phone.

By the way my phone was on silent, when i go to sleep i always put it on that and i was in big bear if that matters lol
    02-26-09 12:53 AM
    and i was in big bear if that matters lol

What apps do you have installed?
    02-26-09 12:55 AM
    some users have reported similar phenomenon. what OS are you running? Not sure if it's been tied to anything in particular though. Did the phone power back up eventually when you charged it again?
    02-26-09 12:57 AM

What apps do you have installed?
    some users have reported similar phenomenon. what OS are you running? Not sure if it's been tied to anything in particular though. Did the phone power back up eventually when you charged it again?

im running .75 right now and the apps i have installed are...

tip caculator, weatherbug, storm level, quickpull, marble trap, quicklaunch, buzz me, my space, garmin mobile
    02-26-09 01:06 AM
    did it recharge again eventually?
    02-26-09 01:06 AM
    did it recharge again eventually?
    no i just stayed dead and i had to charge it all the way
    02-26-09 01:18 AM
    so it did recharge eventually :P wellt hat's a good sign at least. did u happen to notice if it showed charging when u plugged it in at night
    02-26-09 01:21 AM
    I had a similiar problem until someone else in another thread suggested making sure that weatherbug isn't constantly searching for a location. either turn off the gps feature or make sure you've put your location into weatherbug otherwise you'll lose batterylife real fast.
    02-26-09 01:28 AM
    Only answer is that you left weatherbug opened and it killed your battery. I've left it open once and lost about 20% of battery life in less than 2 hours
    02-26-09 01:28 AM
    how's the signal strength in big bear? I ask because a limited signal, or no signal, will destroy battery life.
    02-26-09 04:10 AM
    Would leaving your browser running in the background kill it? I haven't done this but just wondered. The weather bug explanation sounds pretty probable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 05:38 AM
    SeVer 916 has the correct answer I think...especially if you had WB also in the mix attempting to do an update. I spent a week in WY this past summer in a cabin w/o coverage...us
    ing my phone as alarm clock didn't work as the battery would die each night from the phone trying to talk to the system...the phone would get warm from transmitting while searching
    For a cell.

02-26-09 07:14 AM
    When I first got my Storm. I made sure all of my programs were off before setting it on my bedside stand. In the morning, it had gone from completely charged to completely dead. But what I noticed was that I had inadvertantly placed the phone on a a screw that was left over from a small home project. The screw was magnetically stuck to the back cover, right over the battery. Is it possible that this in some way drained the battery?

Hi, I'm Stephen. Very new here.
    02-26-09 07:35 AM
    Same thing happened to me one night. Never figured out why for sure. I woke up and it was rebooting (while plugged into charger) but before fully loading it powered off and then tried to start up again, only to repeat the same process. Might have been doing it all night for I know. Finally got it booted (to virtually no charge) and then it starting taking a charge. Just part of the Storm's personality.

02-26-09 07:52 AM
    similar problem, just once i woke, took my storm off the charger with a full charge as i got my breakfast i looked down and it had rebooted itself and came back on to less than 5%!! this is a very strange phenomena i'm interested to see how this thread goes.
    02-26-09 08:03 AM
    do you snoar?

I do, and it happed to me too But then this was in the first week after getting the phone and I never had the phone properly charged.
    02-26-09 08:06 AM
    SeVer 916 has the correct answer I think...especially if you had WB also in the mix attempting to do an update. I spent a week in WY this past summer in a cabin w/o coverage...us
    ing my phone as alarm clock didn't work as the battery would die each night from the phone trying to talk to the system...the phone would get warm from transmitting while searching
    For a cell.

If you find yourself in that situation again, turn off the radios off (setup folder, manage connections, all connections off). This turns off the radios for the phone and internet and it will not search for a signal until you turn them back on.
    Then you can use the alarm clock and play games without the phone killing the battery looking for a signal.
    02-26-09 08:14 AM
    Garmin Mobile jumps out as a possible culprit. Was your GPS left on all night?

im running .75 right now and the apps i have installed are...

tip caculator, weatherbug, storm level, quickpull, marble trap, quicklaunch, buzz me, my space, garmin mobile
    02-26-09 08:33 AM
    Was it sitting on or in a metal object? I ask because doing things like placing a phone in a metal drawer will actually drain your bat too.

Or maybe your phone is sleeping with your wife behind your back. These phones are capable of amazing things these days.

02-26-09 08:39 AM
    I only read a few lines in here (some of which are beyond stupid).

But I had this happen to me. Went to bed full charge and woke up with it completely dead. I have no 3rd party apps installed.

The up side is that it has only done it once and never repeated.
    02-26-09 09:46 AM
    If you find yourself in that situation again, turn off the radios off (setup folder, manage connections, all connections off). This turns off the radios for the phone and internet and it will not search for a signal until you turn them back on.
    Right...last summer was pre-BB and my choices were on and off! I sometimes turn off the radio when I'm working in a metal building here to conserve battery...the reception in it is horrible.
    02-26-09 10:17 AM
    I had the exact same thing happen to me but I had put the phone in bedside mode. From what I gather, if you don't have your phone plugged in and you have it in bedside mode it will almost certainly drain.
    02-26-09 10:24 AM
    Garmin Mobile jumps out as a possible culprit. Was your GPS left on all night?
    yes it was but garmin wasnt running...
    02-26-09 01:49 PM
    Right...last summer was pre-BB and my choices were on and off! I sometimes turn off the radio when I'm working in a metal building here to conserve battery...the reception in it is horrible.

i think its pretty stupid that you have to do all that just so you can go to sleep and KNOW that your phone wont die... i dont like that lol
    02-26-09 01:51 PM
    I was down from 100% to 75% battery with very light usage after only 3 hours today. OS is .109. I uninstalled Weatherbug and when rebooted was down to 70%. We'll see how the rest of the day goes. I think it's more a .109 thing than a Weatherbug thing.
    02-26-09 03:41 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD