Do you have any dust under your screen? I had to return the first 2 cuz of the initial click issue and now I am seeing some dust under my screen. For the most part its not that big of a deal but if there are people out there who have absolutely NO dust under their screen I will get another one.

I had a skin on the phone (both I/S and PS) and never had it in any kind of case. Always had it just thrown in my pocket.

Anyway, appreciate the feed back!
    02-26-09 12:19 AM
    i got my storm maybe like 2-3 weeks ago, maybe a bit more. i dont have a dust problem, yet. no clicking problem, but my screen moves around a bit.

i usually dont keep it my pocket.
    02-26-09 01:55 AM
    My release date phone was doing great. Then about three weeks ago i started noticing dust. By the time i had to replace it thru insurance (not dust related) dust had infiltrated all around the edges/corners to the point where if i hadn't gotten a new phone, i would have tried to take it apart and clean it out. i still don't think they've gotten the issue resolved either. a friend just got a storm last week and he's already mentioned that he sees what i was talking ab with the dust. meanwhile, i've had mine for a week, and i've been kinda anal about keeping it in the leather holster i bought for the first one. just have to do my best to keep this one from falling out of my pocket >.<
    02-26-09 03:59 AM
    I have a newer phone from late Jan. I thought I had dust under my screen and tried cleaning the screen hoping it wasn't dust under the screen.

It certainly appeared to be under the screen, but then I bought a microfiber screen cloth. (Amazing to get rid of those fingerprints) It cleared up what I thought was dust under the screen. In reality, it wasn't under the screen. Just appeared to be.

Just make sure this isn't the issue first. Otherwise it's hit or miss getting a replacement.
    02-26-09 04:58 AM
    Phone Bought release date 11/21. No dust that I can see under the screen. Have a littlebit sticking to the edges of my IS but that is par for the course
    02-26-09 09:11 AM
    I have an original release phone, lots of dust. I'm just scared to get it replaced as this phone is pretty flawless other than the dust. Stable and clicks good.
    02-26-09 09:16 AM
    VZW was out of stock at the time. I ordered my phone a couple of days after the release date and waited about 2 weeks for delivery.
    I am a contractor who spends a great deal of time in a dusty environment. I typically keep the BB in my pocket. There is no dust whatsoever under the screen.
    02-26-09 09:27 AM
    hm okay. seems kinda mixed. I am going to wait for now. The warantee is one year right? If by summer its worse, I'll get a new one. Anyone know where I can find instructions on taking the screen off?
    02-26-09 02:10 PM
    hm okay. seems kinda mixed. I am going to wait for now. The warantee is one year right? If by summer its worse, I'll get a new one. Anyone know where I can find instructions on taking the screen off?
    I think your third sentence would render your first two sentences null and void as it would your warranty . Take the screen off...really? A $500.00 phone you want to pop the hood and do a fix it your self. I don't know about you but when I bought our last car if it even made a squeak in the first 3 years it went straight to the dealership.

Take it back now u know u will looking at that dust the entire time anyway .
    02-26-09 02:17 PM
    I really think they will all collect dust at some point. When it does, I'll live with it. The floating screen and the tiny gap around the outside of it certainly do not help at all in regards to dust.
    02-26-09 02:56 PM
    yea i've had mine since 11/21 and i got a few dust fibers under my screen but like max7 said the screen clicks better then any other storm i've messed with and have had little problems with my phone(nothing the forums couldn't help with) im more afraid of gettin stuck with a POS phone that doesnt click right..the only thing that belongs in the battery compartment is... you guessed it the Battery. If the phone works fine keep if the dust is truly obstructing your view then i would call for a swap
    02-26-09 03:26 PM
    I got mine in January but it was manufactured in November and no dust, knock on wood.
    02-26-09 03:26 PM
    VZW was out of stock at the time. I ordered my phone a couple of days after the release date and waited about 2 weeks for delivery.
    I am a contractor who spends a great deal of time in a dusty environment. I typically keep the BB in my pocket. There is no dust whatsoever under the screen.
    I ordered my phone a day or so after the
    Storm was available to the public and received
    It on Dec 8th. I see absolutely no dust thus
    Far. I hope I'm one of the lucky ones who
    Never do. Dust under my screen wouldn't
    Be good for my OCD.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 03:50 PM
    I stood on line, I was number 19 - I got mine and have no dust. I do keep it in a case and wear it all day. I use it ALL day. It still looks great.
    02-26-09 04:25 PM
    no dust... I've heard of people having this problem though
    02-26-09 04:28 PM
    Dust or the touch screen grid that recognizes where your fingers at?

02-26-09 04:56 PM
    i was in line and was #1, when i activated i was the 5th activation of the morning according to the verizon rep. still no dust, excellent click and very few problems with the leaked upgrades. lucky me i guess.
    02-26-09 05:02 PM
    Dust or the touch screen grid that recognizes where your fingers at?

hhaha not the grid. i def noticed that. **** if the dust organized itself in a perfect grid i dont think i'd care! :P

I will take a pic and post it later (dont have a camera w me right now).

I know popping the screen would void the warranty. only reason i would do that is if this is a problem with every storm, period.. then i would like to know how to get in there and fix it. I'm a gadget freak. built my pc (never took my car to the dealership, fixed it myself or had my buddy help me) and i just prefer to do things myself.
    02-26-09 06:14 PM
    >Do you have any dust under your screen

Got my on Nov 29 and I have had very few problems. I am still running the official OS.
    02-26-09 06:54 PM
    I can't really see under my screen so how would I know what dust lay beneath? or are you talking about dust you can see by looking through the gap between the screen and the chassis?

And if there is dust, what problems result from it?

Or am I not understanding something?

Thanks!

e
    02-26-09 07:07 PM
    can someone post pics with the dust under your screen. i just want to see what this looks like. i have had my storm since december 5th and carry it in my pocket with no protection and i still havent had this problem
    02-26-09 07:11 PM
    i only have dust around the screen and i got mine late december. i have noticed in the last couple of days that while using the keyboard if i push in the bottom left it sticks sometimes and gives me a damn period where i don't need a damn period. wow that what a long sentence.
    02-26-09 07:20 PM
    Okay here are pics of the dust under my storm. I literally cleaned the screen then immediately took each picture. You should be seeing NO dust on the outside of the screen, only what is underneath.

The first picture is with the backlight on and out of the sun. You can clearly see it though its not very distracting...

In the light its a whole different story all together.

02-27-09 02:44 PM
    At last! Thanks for the pics.

I never quite understood the whole dust under the screen malarky. Ive got a protective sheild on mine which it came with and its battered to **** so I can't see anything like that.

Does it damage the film at all? Or do people replace their Storm just for the aesthetics?
    02-27-09 03:36 PM
    The film? Well its wedged between the glass and the LCD screen. Its mainly aesthetic / annoying and its definitely horrible when im in the light. Not sure if its worth returning at this point
    02-27-09 07:46 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD