So I 've been dealing with Telus to get me a new phone and plan and may have come to a conclusion. But now I have to decide on the phone.

Can I get some feedback on the Storm, Bold and World Edition.
    I would like the storm but it doesnt appear to be a clear cut winner and I am just constantly reading about negative issues.

The bold and WE seem like everyone loves them but it just seems like if I'm going to have this phone for 2-3 years there already a bit out dated.

Anyone?
    02-25-09 10:29 PM
    No one can pick the best phone for you. I always suggest that people should go into their carrier's store and look at all the phones in person.

Even if you think you want the Storm over the W.E. You may change your mind once they are both in your hands. When you pick up the right one, you will know it. It will fit in your hand and just feel right. A lot of the BB's have the same advantages and disadvantages. Just play with a few of them, then go with your gut!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 10:38 PM
    Yea I was more hoping for any feedback for people who have one of the above mentioned units. Just so if there was a negative feature, or something outstanding about it, I'd feel a bit better knowing that.

But yes I agree, I really should go to a store and check it out.
    02-25-09 10:53 PM
    Also think about your REAL WORLD usage. I mean touch screen is a flashy feature, SURE, but in reality see if you feel you could operate w/o a physical keyboard (I can't). Now think of other situations too and hopefully the right one for you will show itself.

If you're just after which is "Better" then read reviews. People will always be biased when they own a device (**** I would say the Bold is best, guess what I own :P). Also there are forums left, right, center that address the same question (and youtube videos)
    Last edited by Speedv1; 02-25-09 at 10:57 PM.
    02-25-09 10:54 PM
    Being a storm owner I have dealt with a lot of ups and downs. The main drawback to the storm is its newness. As time passes though it is getting better with each os leak. Also it too is a world phone so it does have that advantage. Like others have said it is best to go and play with the devices you are considering first hand and base your decision from that. I personally love my storm. It is fun to learn how to use it and has a load of great features and potential.
    02-25-09 11:11 PM
    one thing to check (if it hasnt been mentioned already - i am to lazy to read everything) check the amount of memory that each phone has. the vzw we has 45 megs and the vzw curve has 99, 2x the we.
    02-25-09 11:33 PM
    outdated but works a treat or modern with many issues??? thats a toughie
    02-26-09 12:00 AM
    The 8330 don't have any problems, and from what I haven't heard..... Bolds arnt either

02-26-09 12:03 AM
    THE BOLD IS SEXY
    go bold.
    deffinetely.
    02-26-09 07:47 PM
    I can only offer my limited BBerry perspective as the Bold is my first and only BBerry so far but its a lovely phone/device, haven't really put it down since I got it in Nov last year, the physical keyboard is great, I wouldn't swap it for a storm.

Bold is defo the way to go

02-27-09 01:27 AM
    I would go with the Bold. Its a well rounded device with a gnarly processor. Pound for pound the best RIM device on the market right now.

BTW, the 9XXX series is supposed to be the upgrade to its predecessor the 88XX series.
    02-27-09 10:27 AM
    The bold is a nice looking device and I haven't seen or heard of problems with that device. Currently I have the storm, and like many storm users I have had frustrations. With each OS leak it gets better and better. Currently I’m running the latest leak and I don’t have any problems (that I can see yet). So it just depends on what you want. Do you want a solid device with no problems, or do you want the latest device that you may encounter a few problems? Definitely go and play with devices you are thinking about, you will be able to make a better judgment for your self that way.
    02-27-09 10:40 AM
    Regards the outdated

It's a curse of technogeeks they that convince themselves that the latest/newest is the best.

For me it's clear that blackberry with the storm did a microsoft with vista, they released it far to quickly and relied on the market to solve the issues i.e. places like crackberry.

I, would give the storm another few months to iron out the poo bits or be prepared to be a storm addict in here to rectify the bad bits

Many bold users have also got caught up in the " I must have a storm" craze disposed of thier bold and thought ooops.

For me if you want something that you can use from day one and tune to your life a bold is a must, for the storm..they are some way off that
    02-27-09 10:53 AM
    Go Bold! The most powerful (3G, processor, app memory), well rounded (large high-res screen, physical keyboard, feels smaller than it looks) BlackBerry IMO. I do agree with the above posts that you need to handle and use all of them to know which is best for you.

02-27-09 12:04 PM
    My 2 cents..

I have the 8830 WE and I'm madly in love with it, only 1 downfall, no camera

I'm always around someone with a camera so I suppose its not that big a deal, but I do miss the "flashlight" effect of the flash for those late night snack runs.

All in all if your going to have it for 2-3 years I would get a camera, I have stubbed my toes so many times

02-27-09 12:09 PM
    get the Bold. the touchscreen is overrated, the WE outdated.
    02-27-09 12:13 PM
    Go for the Bold!
    02-27-09 12:17 PM
    Once you go Storm you never go back!
    02-27-09 03:21 PM
    I've run a Curve and a Storm and with the exception of the magnificent screen on the Storm I'd tell you to go with the physical keyboard and track ball. My Dad has the WE and there is nothing I love about it.

02-27-09 03:48 PM
    Yea I was all set to get the bold.

I forgot one major detail, Telus where I live doesnt carry the bold

I did play around with the store for a few mins in the store I do like it I must say. I was looking at the WE too and yep, no camera = no deal.

I think I'm going storm, even with the quirks it may have, I'm sure it will be a nice step up from my craptastic phone I have now.
    02-27-09 05:54 PM
    What is World Edition? Does that mean you can make calls, get e-mails, etc. anywhere in the world? I'm a BlackBerry newbie.
    03-11-09 09:31 PM
    By World Edition, the OP means the 8830WE, it's a blackberry that works in the US (on CDMA) and in Europe (on GSM). Technically the Storm is a world phone too. And most GSM phones, like the Bold can work in both the US and Europe
    03-11-09 10:04 PM
    +1 for the Bold.

If you can test drive a Storm before you decide, take the opportunity so you're not always wondering what you were missing out on. If you can only play with it in the store, maybe try a test: pretend you have an sms that you want to get out quickly. Don't worry about how long it takes to find HOW to do that, just try to type a couple pre-decided sentences, and you will get a feel for the experience.
    03-12-09 09:08 AM
    Get the Bold...please. My co-worker just got a Storm, and he cusses at it, all day.
    03-12-09 09:29 AM
    There's a CDMA Bold now?

Are you sure you were using a Bold at Telus? I'm with Bell and the Berry models available in Canada on CDMA are Pearl 8130, Curve 8330, WE 8830, Flip, and Storm...
    03-12-09 10:07 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD