Someone PLEASE shed some light on the latest builds. Does the color come back? Any significant changes, Flick scrolling? RIM is really turning them out!
    02-25-09 04:10 PM
    Of the few people here that know of the OS builds one has ended discussion on them. The rest may very well be speculation and straight BS.
    02-25-09 04:14 PM
    Anyone who has those details would almost certainly be bound by an NDA. And I wouldn't expect any major new features until at least AFTER the next official update. Major focus right now is likely fixing bugs and improving performance, relative to .75.
    02-25-09 04:15 PM
    Of the few people here that know of the OS builds one has ended discussion on them. The rest may very well be speculation and straight BS.
    Who are you referring to?
    02-25-09 04:26 PM
    I may have missed him but i haven't seen Sith-apprentice post in a little bit and CX has choosing to stop talking about the builds in detail. Can't say i blame him after the last mess that happened here.
    02-25-09 04:34 PM
    I think he's referring to the bunch that get uncomfortable talking about things that they dont understand.

I have heard from another major forum that .125 is going to be the next build as well.

Let me say this before the "others" chime in.

Lets keep this thread on topic.... yawn

Or its going to get locked... more yawn
    02-25-09 04:36 PM
    Anyone who has those details would almost certainly be bound by an NDA. And I wouldn't expect any major new features until at least AFTER the next official update. Major focus right now is likely fixing bugs and improving performance, relative to .75.
    I agree, bigman. as to what it contains/does-crystal ball time.
    02-25-09 04:40 PM
    Ill put $100.00 on the table the build is in the .130s already. What the leaks we have are just a tease to please us. I bet the .120s have major improvements.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 04:49 PM
    .125 is the latest "known" build per the Crackberry site.
    02-25-09 04:51 PM
    I may have missed him but i haven't seen Sith-apprentice post in a little bit and CX has choosing to stop talking about the builds in detail. Can't say i blame him after the last mess that happened here.

You're right......haven't seen Sith since his hybrids came out........
    02-25-09 04:52 PM
    You're right......haven't seen Sith since his hybrids came out........
    well, he did have a sick child, has a regular day job and since his hybrids, .109has come out. After all his hard work some one releases a newer leak so I can see why he may want to lay low. There really may not be much else to add unless it's technical help, so he may be periodically taking a peak but not necessarily posting. I know that we all hope all is well with him.
    02-25-09 05:15 PM
    well, he did have a sick child, has a regular day job and since his hybrids, .109has come out. After all his hard work some one releases a newer leak so I can see why he may want to lay low. There really may not be much else to add unless it's technical help, so he may be periodically taking a peak but not necessarily posting. I know that we all hope all is well with him.
    Didn't know that. Wish him and the family the best.
    02-25-09 05:19 PM
    I disagree. The suggested release for the app center is rapidly approaching and no one has any real proof of an official OS dropping before that time comes. My guess is the next official will have the app center tagged with it, along with the new copy/paste. Those in themselves are major changes/improvements. Also, if .109 is any suggestion as to where they are in terms of ironing out bugs and improving performance, then they are close to not having those issues as top priority anymore.

Another thing to point out is many have stated how official OSs are not that quickly released one after another for past BBs. So if that's the case here too, the next official shouldn't be out before the app center is ready to launch.

My 2 cents at least.
    02-25-09 05:40 PM
    Some members here (CX) are beta testers. He's lightyears ahead of us in terms of OS builds. However the beta testers are not allowed to leak any specific information due to an agreement made from the start. He has said that the newer builds are much better than what weve been seeing. Hope its true!
    02-25-09 05:45 PM
    It is true, however what we've seen recently isn't that bad. .103 was good to me, .109 is even better. If either of these builds were out at launch as officials, there would have been a lot more people praising the Storm. IMO at least.
    02-25-09 05:47 PM
    With the official release don't forget the full keyboard as a major improvement that may not be big to ys but the general public hasn't seen it yet.

02-25-09 05:54 PM
    Ill put $100.00 on the table the build is in the .130s already. What the leaks we have are just a tease to please us. I bet the .120s have major improvements.

Oh yeah I bet it is, I just think they don't wanna update it all yet.
    But the beta updates might stop soon, because CX said the GC was right around the corner.
    02-25-09 06:04 PM
    I think CX first mentioned the GC when the latest known builds were in the late teens, around 118. Now that we are up to 125 they might really be getting close.

I like that we see big changes like the new copy/paste in .112. Maybe that means we will see inertia scrolling sooner rather than later.
    02-25-09 06:12 PM
    .125 is supposed to be the Gold Code but I think they may have pushed it up to a newer revision.
    02-25-09 06:17 PM
    .125 is supposed to be the Gold Code but I think they may have pushed it up to a newer revision.
    Yeah, I think they still have some work to do. I'm gonna say 30's they'll stop.
    02-25-09 06:18 PM
    Yeah, I think they still have some work to do. I'm gonna say 30's they'll stop.
    They're not going to stop. Not anytime soon.
    02-25-09 06:20 PM
    CX said this in another thread about .112:
    .112 is old news. I'm not saying this to make anyone mad or flaunt anything, it's just the facts. The builds are way past .112 and the GC is right around the corner. That said I know you all would like to have something new. I'm just saying don't think it's the perfect build or anything because it's not. And theres much much better.

So it sounds like the official OS when it comes out will, if it's near .112 in numbering, be good but not quite perfect yet. But that the newer, higher nubmered builds are much better and they are apparently out and being tested as we speak! Encouraging news. CX has been very consistent in his message. We all have to try to be patient-I know it's mega-hard-and trust that RIM/VZW will eventually do right by us. It's hard to realize, but the Storm is just reaching 3 months since release.
    02-25-09 06:24 PM
    Is this good or bad? I mean I know its good since they are trying to perfect it, but im getting a little tired of waiting. Plus, this is just saying that the current builds are not without thier fair share in bugs....at least that how I view your statement.
    02-25-09 06:27 PM
    I think what CX means is that while we get the GC there will be updates to keep making it better. They lot of things they can do to the os.

02-25-09 06:41 PM
    But didn't you say the GC was soon? So your saying these builds that were just finding out about aren't as good as it gets?
    02-25-09 06:43 PM
605 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD