I went to VZW today and talked to a couple of the in store associates while I was there. I brought up the Storm and the guy said that he had one too. He was running the leaked OS .103 and said that he got it from Crackberry We started comparing diff 3rd party apps, etc.

While I was standing there, another couple was buying 2 Storms with a different store clerk. That clerk was installing the Crackberry shortcut icons for them and telling them how useful the site was for new Blackberry users!

I told them I was glad they were referring people to the site for help.
    02-25-09 03:08 PM
    I had a similar thing happen at my local store with the service geek.....
    02-25-09 03:24 PM
    everyone who has a berry should know about this site! i check everyday for apps, news, reviews etc... someone tell me if the 8900 is on its way to att soon? it's killing me waiting for it
    02-25-09 03:28 PM
    I believe there was already a leaked photo of the 8900 which is headed to AT&T. According to the article it is supposed to be launched by the end of the month. Its getting pretty late thought and I havent heard much about it since that original article on the homepage a few weeks ago.
    02-25-09 03:31 PM
    I have turned on dozens of new BB ownerse to CB and made sure they had Viigo with the shortcut, or at least showed them how to get the bookmark they needed.

Very cool.
    02-25-09 03:31 PM
    Agree. I learned a lot from the people on CB. This is a wonderful site!

As of the 8900, it has no big screen landscape mode, which is almost a MUST for today's converged mobile devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 03:35 PM
    I had a similar thing happen at my local store with the service geek.....
    lolol service geek haha
    02-25-09 05:38 PM
    I agree that this site in incredible and has been a BIG help for me learning.
    02-25-09 05:56 PM
    Agree with the OP. The sales rep directed me to come to CB for updates and good info. Its a great site!
    02-25-09 05:59 PM
    My vzw rep said "goto crackberry it will tell u everything"

02-25-09 06:02 PM
    when i was working with ATT we were "encouraged" to steer blackberry customers to this site. If they look for an issue here first, then they dont need to call support. simple as that
    02-25-09 06:02 PM
    I walked into VZW today to take advantage of the BOGO deal they are offering... I had bought my Storm 2 days prior to the BOGO sale and when I talked it over with my GF(currently a USCellular customer) she agreed she wanted a storm as well... so I went in and talked to the rep I always talk to. hes gonna honor the BOGO deal cause I bought it so close to the begining of the sale and hes going to set everything up so the new contract engages next week at the start of the new billing cycle and all ill have to do is swing in and pick up my gf's new storm just in time for her to move in with me on the 7th I Love VZW!
    02-25-09 06:26 PM
    A lot of my co-workers have a BB and claim they never heard of CB.com. When I got my Storm this was the first site I went to. Now everyboby at work goes on there. I check the site several times a day. This site is great!
    02-25-09 06:32 PM
    Everytime I see someone with a blackberry this site is the first thing I mention. Especially since you guys have helped me out numerous times, I figure I owe to other new comers what you have given me. Thanks again crackberry!
    02-25-09 06:49 PM
    At the vzw store here they don't even know what crackberry is well atleast the two reps I talked to. It was bad I knew more about every pad and blackberry in the store then I did.

And everyone at my work with a blackberry had know idea about crackberry but they all go there now.

02-25-09 07:00 PM
    I went to return my case, so I could trade it for a silicone cover, and the guy is like Ya, Im runnin .109 got it from crackberry, wrote it down and said how he was an abuser and this and that, we got down giving each others BB PIN XD
    02-27-09 03:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD