I'm new to twitter and was looking for a the best app that works great on the blackberry storm. I know of twitterberry and tibble or something like that.
    02-25-09 02:53 PM
    m.twitter.com has my vote... nothing better.
    02-25-09 03:03 PM
    Being using social scope and twitterberry but on the Storm they suck. Any other ideas?
    02-25-09 03:07 PM
    twitterberry is horrible. Any twitter apps for the storm that allows you to post pics?
    02-25-09 03:14 PM
    twitterberry is horrible. Any twitter apps for the storm that allows you to post pics?
    What don't you like about TwitterBerry? The only thing I seem to have problems with is trying to follow or leave someone with it, otherwise it works fine for me.

You can post pictures to TwitPic with TwitterBerry. Just change the connection type to TCP.
    02-25-09 03:19 PM
    Ok I might just stick with m.twitter.com until a app comes out better suited for the storm.
    02-25-09 03:26 PM
    Twitterberry. I dunno what people complaining about
    02-25-09 03:31 PM
    I've had no problems with twitterberry. And it can post pictures.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 03:32 PM
    I'm also on the twitterberry train... and I post pics through it all the time. As soon as something better comes along, I'll hop on, but twitterberry isn't a bad app, imho.
    02-25-09 03:33 PM
    Well I read a few other forum and the post left here and I think ill try twitterberry.
    02-25-09 03:34 PM
    I like tinytwitter. Although bbtweet is starting to look good.
    02-25-09 03:44 PM
    Weird, I always thought twitterberry did a good job. I am warming up to Socialscope though. It's become my main app for updating my twitter and facebook status.
    02-25-09 04:04 PM
    By and large, I consider TwitterBerry and TinyTwitter to be about the same. A few small things here and there, but nothing drastically different. As for myself, I'm using TinyTwitter, and I make up not being able to "directly" upload pictures by having a contact entry for TwitPic's custom email address so I can do it that way. It's just as fast, only difference really is that's not naively from the application.

I haven't used it yet, but everything I've read says that SocialScope will blow everything else out of the water when it's released.
    02-25-09 05:11 PM
    I like just e-mail updating my Twitter...easy to update with pictures and all since you can set it up straight from the camera
    02-25-09 07:18 PM
    I use twitterberry. Works for me.
    02-25-09 07:26 PM
    I have used both Twitterberry and TinyTwitter.. I liked Twitterberry more.. I guess you can call it the lesser of 2 evils! lol
    02-25-09 08:59 PM
    I use socialscope, I like it and it does what I need it to do for now just quickly update my status on FB and Twitter and also keep track of my peeps.

Cannot wait for them to get more of the APIs so they can do more with it.
    02-25-09 10:54 PM
    I absolutely LOVE SocialScope. It is hands down my favorite/most used app on my storm. Be sure to turn off compatibility mode. If you can get an invite to the alpha, you'll never want for another twitter app. It's super fast and has support for everything, retweets, direct messages, adding favorites, notifications, twitpic, and even memes! AND...it rocks for facebook updates. I would gladly pay for SS if it wasnt free.
    02-25-09 11:14 PM
    Somebody asked why I don't like twitterberry..

1. No native support for photo uploading.
    2. No function to "search" for friends/users
    3. Long load times for simple functions
    02-25-09 11:40 PM
    Maybe I used the wrong version of TwitterBerry but it didn't seem functional with the Storm at all. I got the half screen with the suretype keyboard constantly visible, with no way to rotate to landscape (personally i hate typing with suretype or multitap). also, it just seemed, well....crappy (sorry but I don't have any better word). I've been using TinyTwitter for right now, which seems much better, but there is no way to post pics to twitpic. If i am indeed using the wrong version of Twitterberry, please someone tell me, as it seems that most people seem to love it, and I can't really see how that many people love what i experienced.

I'm waiting for SocialScope to come out as I seemed to miss the alpha group. I've heard really good things about it.
    02-26-09 01:47 AM
    No Twitter apps work on my BB Storm 9500. I test the connection and it tells me

Could not contact Twitter. Try another connection method.
    Don't know what setting is stopping it as FB, mail, sms, browser all work fine.

Applied for socialscope but not sure how long to wait
    03-26-09 06:05 AM
    I am using TwitterBerry but would love something else to use... I applied for a socialscope account, but who knows how many weeks or more that waitlist is.
    03-26-09 09:37 AM
    Using SocialScope myself. Have used TinyTwitter and TwitterBerry and really prefer SocialScope. Gives me everything all-in-one which is great.

As for the waitlist, I know they've mentioned they have no automated system, so takes a bit longer manually and they don't want to slow down development either.

Dan

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 10:13 AM
    One of the Social Scope guys mentioned that if you follow him on Twitter he may give out Invites. When I did I noticed that he uses twitter as a chat room and it near about trippled my feed.

While I would love to get the chance to try SS, it's not worth following someone I don't know while they chat with their friends.

They really need a DevTeam twitter feed that we can follow, maybe have announcements on the development of the app and such.
    Last edited by Wizzer2801; 03-26-09 at 01:22 PM.
    03-26-09 01:20 PM
    none stop twittering an start talking to people.
    03-26-09 01:29 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD