Been thinking through this issue for some while and I thought if i post here you guys and girls might be able to help me

I've been using a certain carrier for some time with unlimited data plan that costs me around $53 monthly and its good but i had a change of heart about it and decided to unlock my Bold and use a different carrier that offers an unlimited data plan that costs $37 monthly.

Thing is, the unlimited data plan for the carrier im planning to choose is actually a 1 GB data limit a month, meaning its not unlimited.. My question is, is 1 GB a reasonable limit for a Blabkberry user? You might say it depends on my usage, well my usage goes through windows live messenger (online most of the day) and bb messenger (online all day) and decent if not excessive web browsing daily.. I dont know whats the amount of Kb's windows live messenger takes to sign in or to send and recieve a msg, same for bb messenger.. Any help or advice is very much appreciated =)
    02-25-09 12:29 PM
    messenger apps barely use any bandwidth - it's the browsing i'd be more concerned about.

1Gb is a lot of websites.
    02-25-09 12:31 PM
    messenger apps barely use any bandwidth - it's the browsing i'd be more concerned about.

1Gb is a lot of websites.
    Well its safe to say that my browsing is mostly on WAP/Mobile sites (i.e. facebook, crackberry, gamestop, reuters etc.)

I guess thats a green light, huh
    02-25-09 12:35 PM
    Your current bill should give you the amount of data that you are using
    02-25-09 12:58 PM
    If you don't tether, 1GB is more than enough for your normal use. I surf heavy, get and send a lot of attachments (big files) and I average about 200mb a month.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 03:12 PM
    If you don't tether, 1GB is more than enough for your normal use. I surf heavy, get and send a lot of attachments (big files) and I average about 200mb a month.

Thanks bro, your post was a relief

02-25-09 03:41 PM
    I use about 400 mb but 1 gb should be enough as long as you don't tether to a laptop or something.

02-25-09 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD