A question to javelin users, would you consider moving to a bold or are you happy with the javelin?
    02-25-09 07:43 AM
    Staying put... I love my 8900... I've picked up a Bold and seen the screen and the 3G speed... I will not be changing.

Wow... this is my 1,200 posting...
    02-25-09 07:51 AM
    God no.
    The trade-off in size/weight to simply increase from 2.5 to 3G is just too great.

Different strokes for different folks though.........
    02-25-09 07:53 AM
    God no.
    The trade-off in size/weight to simply increase from 2.5 to 3G is just too great.

Different strokes for different folks though.........
    you have got to be kidding me!!!
    your choice is your choice and i have no problem with what BB you choose but the weight of a BOLD is now an issue? wow!...
    i just break a sweat lifting that 10 pound bold every day
    i now walk with a limp because opf the added weight in my pocket
    110g(3.8oz) versus 133g(4.6oz) is going to kill me
    02-25-09 08:12 AM
    I think I might give the bold a try if I can get one at a decent price.
    02-25-09 08:16 AM
    Right now 3G might not seem like a big difference, but Rogers just upgraded to 3.5G and eventually 4G will be here. When 4G dropps, you wont be saying the same thing. I have an 8900 i dont use the internet all that often, not enough to be too concerned about 3G, it would be nice to have but the 8900 is just beautiful;much sexier phone than "the clunker" bold. if they gave me the same price for the bold i'd consider it. Again as most people say, its a win-win situation between the two!
    Last edited by Nick792; 02-25-09 at 08:21 AM. Reason: --
    02-25-09 08:19 AM
    I wouldn't change for the size and weight.... yes it makes a difference.

The speed and functions meet my needs for now
    02-25-09 08:28 AM
    I have neither, but will b picking up one or the other once they release the CDMA versions on Telus....and i honestly dont know that I'll even have 2 make a decision....I read some where that the new CDMA Bold (codenamed Niagra) is actually a mix of the 2....so maybe Ill get the best of both worlds! But I def love the look n size of the 8900 over the Bold.
    02-25-09 08:43 AM
    I'm on tmobile so if I got the bold there wouldn't be any 3G anyway.
    I'll just stick with the 8900. I'm totally in love with this phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 08:59 AM
    Me personally would move to the BOLD because I prefer the size and the wide screen. I have T-Mobile so I will stick with my Javelin, but if T-Mobile did ever drop the BOLD then yeah the BOLD.
    02-25-09 09:04 AM
    See size does matter.... but is not a deal breaker....lol

It all does come down to personal preference....
    02-25-09 09:10 AM
    I'm with heavy and am waiting for T-Mo to get the Bold setup to run their 3g, but I'd like to see RIM update the Bold with a better camera, more memory and screen resolution. That said, I am completely satisfied with my 8900, it is a nice device. It isn't a case of my device can beat up your device, that's childish. I appreciate my BlackBerries for what they are - I loved my 8320, too.

02-25-09 09:13 AM
    I moved form the Bold to the 8900 and would not go back......
    02-25-09 09:14 AM
    i had the bold at one point and i think the keyboard makes your fingers hurt if you do alot of texting.....the 8900 keyboard is perfect !
    02-25-09 09:17 AM
    I was debating between both at first but since my Company's BB Service contract is through T-Mobile and I get a discount through them, that sealed the deal. But I absolutely love my 8900! So, even if T-Mobile had the Bold I would still keep my 8900.
    02-25-09 09:18 AM
    I love the form factor of the 8900, but I want the 3G speed... both are great phones.

And please... don't give me the 'when 4G hits...' - ya ya... when 4G hits, I'll get a phone that works on 4G and takes advantage of that speed... so meanwhile I'll be happy too.
    02-25-09 09:19 AM
    you have got to be kidding me!!!
    your choice is your choice and i have no problem with what BB you choose but the weight of a BOLD is now an issue? wow!...
    i just break a sweat lifting that 10 pound bold every day
    i now walk with a limp because opf the added weight in my pocket
    110g(3.8oz) versus 133g(4.6oz) is going to kill me
    Yawn. Sarcasm......lowest form of wit.

As I said, different strokes for different folks. Each device has it's pros/cons when compared to the other as we all know. Unfortunately, it appears some people are more of a "stroker" than others.
    02-25-09 10:10 AM
    I have both and while I love the Bold, I think the 8900 is just dead sexy. They both are great phones and I can't use 3G where I live anyway so a nicer camera seals the deal for me. You can't go wrong with either one.
    02-25-09 10:20 AM
    The Bold is nice, 3G is great but for someone who doesn't hit the internet hard....the 8900 is perfect..great size, screen, camera...just damn sexy....(especially with the black battery cover)..
    02-25-09 10:21 AM
    The best thing you can do is try both phones and pick the one you like. That's exactly what I did. I have a comparison thread link in my signature if you would like to read through it.

In short, the Bold has 3G and the 8900 does not. If you need 3G go with the Bold. If you do not need 3G, the 8900 has improved EDGE with 8 channels instead of 2. The 8900 is smaller than the Bold and in my opinion easier to type with one hand it also has a higher resolution screen and a better camera.
    02-25-09 10:48 AM
    Staying with ninja my 8900 why would I got to the bold if the javelin is almost like the bold with a few exceptions.

02-25-09 11:07 AM
    I'm with heavy and am waiting for T-Mo to get the Bold setup to run their 3g, but I'd like to see RIM update the Bold with a better camera, more memory and screen resolution. That said, I am completely satisfied with my 8900, it is a nice device. It isn't a case of my device can beat up your device, that's childish. I appreciate my BlackBerries for what they are - I loved my 8320, too.

Good thing you like your 8900 because C_X mentioned a while back that T-Mobile turned down the Bold with their own 3G frequencies. Whether they will get a version with touch screen next year has not been talked about though since they will have a covered more area with their 3G network.
    02-25-09 11:31 AM
    I came from the Bold to the 8900 - size and weight was the motivator for me. I much prefer the 8900 - although I found the keyboard on the Bold to be slightly better (just a personal thing I am sure, the 8900 keyboard is amazing). Lack of 3G is not an issue for me.
    02-25-09 11:43 AM
    Yawn. Sarcasm......lowest form of wit.

As I said, different strokes for different folks. Each device has it's pros/cons when compared to the other as we all know. Unfortunately, it appears some people are more of a "stroker" than others.
    aaagh the internet where everybody is funny..whatever works for you is fine with me
    02-25-09 12:47 PM
    Personally, I don't have an issue with not having 3G. I am on wifi almost all day with my 8900, so I don't really have a need for 3G. Also, I love how the 8900 looks and feels. I am a girl with small hands and thought the Bold felt too clunky and bulky in my hands. It just didn't feel "right". Not to mention that Tmobile's 3G isn't the best at the moment, but they have the best priced calling/data plans. I'm sticking with the 8900 and with Tmobile
    02-25-09 01:24 PM
79 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD