My friend has the bold but no data plan. He has no dataplan/internet. He wants vlingo. He doesn't know how to do it going through the desktop manager. Is there anyway I can download the ota file for the setup on my memory card in my blackberry than just put my memory card in his and install it..?

Is it possible...?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 10:45 PM
    That should work just fine.

I did that with my friend for Beejive.

Chris
    02-24-09 10:51 PM
    Simply put your SIM card in his phone, perform the install. Once the installation is done, remove your SIM and place his SIM in his device.
    02-24-09 10:55 PM
    Simply put your SIM card in his phone, perform the install. Once the installation is done, remove your SIM and place his SIM in his device.
    That would be my recommendation. I've done it quite a few times.
    02-24-09 11:48 PM
    1. Use your SIM as mentioned. Or
    2. Have him go into a store, add data plan, download Viigo, remove data plan. Or do it via online acct.

Is your friend planning on using the ap? The data could really add up if he doesn't have a data plan.

02-25-09 12:00 AM
    Is your friend planning on using the ap? The data could really add up if he doesn't have a data plan.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Just forgot to mention it.

Chris
    02-25-09 12:20 AM
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Just forgot to mention it.

Chris
    that's true. vlingo connects whenever it tries to make sense of what was spoken so data consumption exists
    not too sure how much it uses though
    02-25-09 12:52 AM
    that's true. vlingo connects whenever it tries to make sense of what was spoken so data consumption exists
    not too sure how much it uses though
    Only way to find out is to run MiniMoni while it is running and take note of the difference in current usage before and after running it.

Chris
    02-25-09 01:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD