I have seen the Canucks and Canadians themes and they are very sweet. Any chance someone would take a stab at a Caps theme?
    02-24-09 07:04 PM
    I have a couple of Caps wallpapers you can have.
    02-26-09 09:45 AM
    Thanks. The blue wallpaper is pretty sweet. I will have to download that one. I found the black one not long after I got the Storm and it works pretty well.
    02-26-09 11:58 AM
    The blue one needs some cleaning up. I'll crank up photoshop and do it. Once I'm done I'll load it up again.
    02-26-09 01:40 PM
    C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS!!

That being said, I personally think the newer logos with the eagle and W are way sicker than the old school hockey-stick-L logos. Just my own thoughts.

DC is my first and biggest love, and I've been looking for either a Caps or DC-in-general theme.

I was thinking it'd be a more red-centric theme, what with our flag being red and white and almost all of our teams using red somewhere in their logos...

Something kinda grungy and DC-street-looking would be super sick.
    Last edited by rugbyjulia; 02-26-09 at 03:02 PM. Reason: picture!
    02-26-09 02:58 PM
    I like the eagle. The new, I guess you could also say retro, jerseys with the "L" logo are smokin. The bright red one is the ****.
    Last edited by rsmiff; 02-28-09 at 08:44 PM.
    02-26-09 03:43 PM
    I love both of the new logos. I do think a red theme with the Weagle would be money.
    02-28-09 02:53 PM
    Ok. I've made a theme. Nothing special. The home screen has the Capitals "L" logo on black wallpaper and the lock screen has a small "W"eagle, black background. The icons on the home screen scroll and there is the hidden today feature. No OTA unless someone wants to host it. You'll need the desktop software to install. Enjoy!!

LET'S GO CAPS!!

UPDATE!!
    Finally got OTA hosting.

OTA

Let's Go Caps!!
    Last edited by rsmiff; 03-17-09 at 04:32 AM.
    03-01-09 08:14 PM
    *cough* go sharks *cough*
    03-01-09 08:16 PM
    awww...boo. Go get your own thread.
    03-02-09 03:29 AM
    *cough* go sharks *cough*
    What this guy said :P
    But on a more serious note, someone should make a "Sports Themes" thread and separate the list of themes by their sport. This would make it much easier to find the theme you want!
    03-02-09 02:35 PM
    hey rs, wicked sweet theme you designed! I hope you find someone to host an OTA - there are lots of people offering up hosting space with threads peppered around this subforum...

pretty please? it looks super sliiick...

oh, and off-topic but hoping to still hear from someone: I'm likely getting a (TASTEFUL!!) small dc flag tattoo, and was hoping I could find some fellow DCers to give me input or thoughts...let me know? no haters, please. ha.
    Last edited by rugbyjulia; 03-02-09 at 02:40 PM.
    03-02-09 02:37 PM
    The rules! How do I install this sans OTA? Yea I'm dumb like that.
    03-02-09 04:31 PM
    I'm checking on hosting now.

tcransone...on your PC...you would have to download and unzip the file here. Then download/install the blackberry desktop software. Use the application loader and install the theme to your blackberry (connected to your PC).
    03-02-09 05:09 PM
    Thanks rsmiff. I will try that out when I get home. It will give me something to do before SportsNite starts.
    03-03-09 09:10 AM
    I've secured hosting. I sent the files. I'm just waiting to get the link.
    03-03-09 09:39 AM
    Freaking SWEET!!!!! I have been waiting for this since I got my phone and starting putting themes on it. I like the logos, it would be pretty sick though if the main logo was the shoulder patch logo and then when you flip the phone to its side, it says Capitals going across....But this is an AWESOME theme....thanks from a crazy Caps fan, from Pa!!
    03-03-09 10:39 AM
    I know this is not a CAPS related thing, but I am have been a huge Caps fan and being from around the Hershey, Pa area it was a great day when they signed to be the AHL team, and I am hoping that it stays for a long time seeing the success in both teams. But, can if possible, anyone make a Hershey Bears one too, or I am thinking maybe Make the Capitals the Main screen and maybe the Bears old "puck" logo or the BEARS going across when you flip the screen? I am just wondering, sorry I would do it, but when I go to use the software to make stuff it does not give me an option for the Storm screen size. Also, I am new to BB so not sure how to create the themes.

Thanks.
    03-03-09 11:20 AM
    just want to put on here a problem that I noticed with the theme. When you try to type a message or email suretype, it does not show any keyboard, it only shows a black box, but in the full qwerty keyboard it works fine. Not sure if this is something that anyone else is experiencing or if this is anything that is known about
    03-03-09 12:03 PM
    That's strange. Did you reboot your phone after installing and activating the theme? My keyboards work fine. Try pulling the battery and see if that helps.
    03-03-09 12:27 PM
    Yeah I have done the Battery pull and all that good stuff, when I go to use the suretype it stays blank but if I run my fingers over the black box, it will show the buttons turning blue and i can press them and a letter will show, but I can not see what I am pressing. Its not a big deal because I barely ever use the suretype, unless it is something quick i am typing.

Also, when I get new text messages and emails, the red astricts is not showing up on the sliding bar but when i go into landscape mode it will show the astricts.

is that something that is just me also?
    03-03-09 01:10 PM
    In portrait mode it is using a different icon set. The reason you see the asterisk in lanscape is because it uses the default theme icons.

Not sure about the keyboard issue. I don't see that. Sorry. Try going into the options / screen & keyboard and changing your portrait keyboard options around and see if that jars anything.

Once the OTA is up you could try removing it an reinstalling the theme.
    03-03-09 01:20 PM
    yeah, i will do that. Thanks again, and do you plan on making any other Caps themes?
    03-03-09 01:22 PM
    I played with the keyboard settings, it will show the keyboard with the Multitap set for the keyboard but with the suretype set it will not show me anything. But like i said it is not a big deal, I will set it to multi tap for now.
    03-03-09 01:25 PM
    I saw your post about the Hershey Bears. They're awesome!! I am on vacation the next few days but when I return I'll see if I can find any good graphics.
    03-03-09 02:14 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD