the night before i installed the leaked update .109 for my bb storm 9350. i put it in my pocket and went about with my day. i kept noticing my pocket was warm and i kept checking my phone. what i noticed was the battery life was dieing. i got worried so i switched pockets...no luck and eventually my battery was almost 0 and i shut it of...is this happening to other people with the storm 9350 with leaked OS .109?
    02-24-09 05:36 PM
    Heat Drains Batteries-

Your Body Heat, with the Combined Heat Produced by the Uber Powers of the Storm- Produces a Super Nova effect that will Drain your Battery Super Fast.

My Advice, Try To keep it out of Hot Places- Pockets Will Store More Heat Than say, your Hand.
    02-24-09 05:43 PM
    Put a little cold water in the screen gap to cool it
    Jk
    Was any media playing? I've noticed this gets my storm pretty warm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 06:05 PM
    something had to be running....
    when I watch video, internet browse, etc.. a lot of hard usage it gets hot (like a laptop) jus means it was running, check for rogue programs, 3rd party apps ur running
    02-24-09 06:11 PM
    bake a potato
    02-24-09 06:15 PM
    throw it in a bucket of ice!
    02-24-09 06:23 PM
    mine did the same thing today, actually. I upgraded to .109 last night (and had to do 3 battery pulls to actually get functional). After that, I ran .109 through its paces a bit, and the battery got so low the radio turned off. So, I plugged it in next to my bed and got about 5 hours of sleep.

When I woke up, the battery looked fully charged, so I unplugged it and went to work. I noticed on two separate occasions that my pocket was a bit warm. And that the battery was draining very quickly.

Normally (with GPS / Bluetooth off, and network set to 1XEV only) I can go at least a full day on a charge. Today, my phone was dead by 2:00pm. Very inconvenient.

So, it's charging now, was going to see how tomorrow went before I decided if I want to go back to .99
    Last edited by swankcr; 02-24-09 at 07:34 PM. Reason: typo
    02-24-09 07:33 PM
    I had a similar problem like this after an upgrade. I found that it was the Weather Bug app. I dont know what the exact reason was behind it, but I think I had a setting for the GPS location or the update option but it was running non stop. I just deleted it and the phone ran great. I never trouble shot it past that.
    02-24-09 07:33 PM
    I'm running Weather Bug -- I'll yank it and see how it goes. Although, I did disable WB's GPS update location before I went to .109. It probably re-enabled it when the app was reinstalled. d'oh!
    02-24-09 07:38 PM
    I had the same problem yesterday. I was on a road trip and had the phone plugged in to the cig lighter but nothing was running and I only made a couple phone calls. The battery had the lightning bolt on it but it just kept dropping and the phone got really hot - like almost too hot to hold onto. The battery went from fully charged to almost dead in 2 hours. I pulled the battery, then plugged it back in and it seemed to re-charge. Later in the day, the whole routine repeated again. After a couple more battery pulls and a full charge overnight last night, everything seems ok today. I have no idea what happenned. I'm starting to like this phone less and less with stuff like this happenning. A couple days ago, my gps was showing me flying at 22,000 feet over Eugene, Oregon going 200 mi/hr. I was standing still in western Montana at 4,500 feet at the time. I had to uninstall every gps related program except for BBMaps to get it working again.
    02-24-09 08:10 PM
    I had a problem like this with an older beta version of Weatherbug. It just means that something is running in the background and is using a lot of resource.
    02-24-09 08:13 PM
    This happend on my girls new storm i got her. The phone was getting hot and the battery was not holding a charge. This was before I updated the OS. after the update still have the issue with the phone getting hot.
    03-10-09 02:44 PM
    This sometimes happens to my Storm when I usually have an app running in the background.
    Just click on the BB button and see if you have any opened apps running beside the normal ones: phone,home screen,messages, etc..
    03-10-09 03:03 PM
    It mostly happens when i multitask especially when i play music, browse the web and charge my phone...also happens when I'm charging my phone and talking on it...
    ALSO i just upgrades to .109 yesterday and it runs great...baterry doesnt drain..been on sice i got up at 6:30 and its currently 4:12 and im at 80%..
    Last edited by Erick09; 03-10-09 at 03:12 PM. Reason: lol didnt finish
    03-10-09 03:09 PM
    Mine gets hot too especially iif you have been on it far a little while doin something just set it down for a couple minutes then its fine
    03-10-09 04:42 PM
    Throw it in the freezer!
    03-10-09 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD