I have been enjoying the Curve for a week now (my first BB) and I love it. However, I would like to know if BBs have either a data counter or SMS counter. I have done some research on this and can�t find an answer. If anyone has some info, I would appreciate it.

PS- These forums are invaluable�thanks for all the info!!
    06-11-07 11:32 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com!

I've not seen any options for this. But, you could log into your BIS account (service provider's website) and go to minutes /data used section...
    06-12-07 11:18 AM
    Thanks for the info!! Strange that the BB would not have such an option--even my old Moto cell counted text messages?? Otherwise, the BB is awesome--i'm never going back!
    06-12-07 11:45 AM
    Have same complaint about BB Curve. Was it hard to make sms counter there?
    01-03-08 02:45 PM
    i know this is a late reply, but i stumbled upon this thread when searching for an answer on the same thing...
    just in case anybody's still wondering, YES there is a message counter...

options > status > [menu key] > database sizes > [scroll down to SMS Messages] the number on the left is the combined total of sent/received, the right is the amount of memory they're taking up...

this only counts messages currently stored on the phone, but its in there.
    12-03-08 02:25 AM
    I previously had a 200 sms package from at&t. I could dial *DATA# and it would generate a (free) reply from them indicating my use during the current billing cycle. Perhaps all carriers offer some version of this service ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-08 07:31 AM
    How biog is too big for the SMS database? Right now i have 913/326.7K.
    01-14-09 03:14 PM
    How biog is too big for the SMS database? Right now i have 913/326.7K.
    There is an option to keep you msg for up to 3 months or less. After the length of time you set it to keep msg's they will just delete themselves after that time has expired. Unless you dont have a memeory card and you have alot of pics or downloads then it will delete your msg and call log for you when memory gets low.

I cant recall how to get to the screen thta allows you to set the length of time. Maybe someone can help me out there?
    01-14-09 03:27 PM
    I previously had a 200 sms package from at&t. I could dial *DATA# and it would generate a (free) reply from them indicating my use during the current billing cycle. Perhaps all carriers offer some version of this service ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

LoL I burn thru 200 msg in about 3 days I'm lame..i know Mainly bc txt has takin over as my voice to be a parent.
    01-14-09 03:30 PM
    I know for t-mobile you can hit #674# and then send and it will tell you how many text messages were used during that billing cycle. I know AT&T has a similar service too. You might have to call your service provider and see if they have that and what's the code.
    01-14-09 03:40 PM
    SMSCounter lets you count all incoming and outgoing SMS messages. You can setup a monthly billing cycle. Assign SMS monthly limit. Get warning when the monthly limit is about to go over and display total cost of over limit.
    Save monthly billing report to the Calendar.

Note: May not be compatible with other 3rd party SMS applications. Please try before you purchase.

Requirement:

* BlackBerry� OS 4.2 and Higher

Features:

* Count incoming and outgoing SMS
    * Set monthly limit and get warning
    * Set cost per text message and keep track of over limit cost
    * Export monthly summary to the Calendar application

Website: Toysoft Development Inc.- sms counter for Blackberry
    03-23-09 10:12 AM
    smiley you are little late...checkout the date.
    03-23-09 10:38 AM
    i know this is a late reply, but i stumbled upon this thread when searching for an answer on the same thing...
    just in case anybody's still wondering, YES there is a message counter...

options > status > [menu key] > database sizes > [scroll down to SMS Messages] the number on the left is the combined total of sent/received, the right is the amount of memory they're taking up...

this only counts messages currently stored on the phone, but its in there.
    Thanks a lot!
    02-01-10 02:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD