UPDATE: NEW OTA VERSION RELEASED!

The updated theme now includes these fixes and changes:

- dock now hides to the correct level every time

- dock no longer hides when selecting profiles button

- dock hides upon activation from dock icons or clicking screen for app menu (basically any time you launch a program it will hide)

- corrected banner alignment

- corrected profiles button highlight

This is what I would have liked the Precision Zen theme to look like. It includes a bottom sliding dock, new focus icons, a new focus indicator, and I removed the grids from the app menu.

Touching the blue strip activates the dock, and touching anywhere else deactivates the dock. You can click anywhere above the dock to access the application menu. Touching an icon triggers the icon to shrink and glow (colored icons intentionally lose their color in the process). Icons on the application menu are highlighted with a new focus indicator similar to that on the Bold or Curve 8900.

Edit: Oh yeah - the dock is shaded so if you want to change the background the light wire-frame icons are still easily visible against any background

OTA Download

A big thanks goes out to Mothy for hosting the OTA download.

This is my first theme and I'm still working out a few kinks (there are some minor known issues that bug me, but I'm not a programmer so I'm not sure I can fix them), but should have a version ready to go by tonight. I don't how to make an OTA link and I don't have a server to host so if anybody likes the theme and wants to help out that would be great.

I would also love to animate the blue strip into a sort of pulse or heartbeat where every couple of seconds it pulses - kind of to show you that if you touch it something will happen. If anyone has advice on how to do that (I'm assuming an animated gif?) I'm more than happy to hear it.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Hoffy; 02-25-09 at 11:30 PM.
    02-24-09 12:17 AM
    I can host for ya if you like.
    02-24-09 12:23 AM
    Hey Hoffy I like your work. I have some questions about Plazmic that I know you have the answers to. Do you have MSN or something?

Thanks and keep up the good work.
    02-24-09 12:40 AM
    I really like this theme. I like how it improves on the current,stable theme unlike the other, buggy themes with a picture of batman in the background...I would actually download this if it works out great

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 12:46 AM
    is this with just 4 menu icons or can u make it 8?
    02-24-09 06:27 AM
    Thats a slick theme right there. can't wait until release
    02-24-09 06:49 AM
    Hey Hoffy I like your work. I have some questions about Plazmic that I know you have the answers to. Do you have MSN or something?
    Either PM me or just post in this thread. I'll do my best to answer your questions, but I'm certainly no expert on Plazmic.
    02-24-09 07:55 AM
    Mothy - Thanks! What do I need to send to you to have you host an OTA file? I won't be able to send you any files until late tonight after work.
    02-24-09 07:57 AM
    Mothy - Thanks! What do I need to send to you to have you host an OTA file? I won't be able to send you any files until late tonight after work.

Thats fine.. export to .jad and send them to [email protected]. Ill put on the server and send you the link to post.

Nice job on the hidden dock, I really need to put some time into working on that one.
    02-24-09 09:14 AM
    Very nice, I like it! Make it a today theme, and have the icons more transparent and I think it would be perfect! Nice job!
    02-24-09 09:23 AM
    is this with just 4 menu icons or can u make it 8?
    Right now it is just 4, because that's how I use my phone. This is actually a Custom theme, not a Zen. I just did it up to look like the Zen. I could probably make an 8 and 12 version, but it'll take some time and I'm not sure when I'd be able to get that out. If I do make a new version I'll update the OP.
    02-24-09 09:44 AM
    Very nice, I like it! Make it a today theme, and have the icons more transparent and I think it would be perfect! Nice job!
    What do you mean make the icons more transparent? Right now the bottom dock shading is at about 50% transparency and is pretty identical to the banner. It looks like it's black because of the background. If you swap out a brighter background you'll notice it better. I can't figure out how to lock the wallpaper to the lock screen though so if you swap the wallpaper it won't match the lock screen.
    02-24-09 09:45 AM
    Looking toward the ota release of this it may even replace my current theme android by E......
    02-24-09 09:56 AM
    I'll be keeping my eye out for this theme. Very nice!
    02-24-09 10:26 AM
    really nice & clean...
    02-24-09 10:29 AM
    Is a hidden dock today plus in the works?
    02-24-09 10:37 AM
    It's possible that I could work on a hidden dock today theme update, but as it stands the hidden dock doesn't work perfectly right now (if you highlight an icon then hide the dock it goes down a little further than it should) so I'm trying to work on that. I'd also like the dock to only activate/deactivate upon touching the blue strip. Currently it activates when you touch the strip, but deactivates if you touch anywhere above it.

I'm not a programmer so I don't completely understand what is causing the issue so it may be awhile before I make any signifcant changes.
    02-24-09 10:49 AM
    looks really nice,,,,,,, hope it runs great
    02-24-09 11:07 AM
    Looks a cool & clean theme
    02-24-09 11:11 AM
    Would you possibly consider exporting a version that doesn't have any wallpaper on it at all.... in any screen (lock, home screen, or phone call). It would save on space and then anyone could just use thier own wallpaper. Thanks if you do it.
    02-24-09 11:14 AM
    Would you possibly consider exporting a version that doesn't have any wallpaper on it at all.... in any screen (lock, home screen, or phone call). It would save on space and then anyone could just use thier own wallpaper. Thanks if you do it.
    Do you mean use a transparent wallpaper for everything? I tried that to see if it would show the homescreen wallpaper on every screen, but it just shows white on the others.
    02-24-09 11:32 AM
    Do you mean use a transparent wallpaper for everything? I tried that to see if it would show the homescreen wallpaper on every screen, but it just shows white on the others.
    No, I mean drop the Bold waves wallpaper altogether.... as in don't put one in. Is that an option?
    02-24-09 11:34 AM
    No, I mean drop the Bold waves wallpaper altogether.... as in don't put one in. Is that an option?
    I believe it forces you to put in a wallpaper, but not having access to it here at work I'm not completely positive. I could put in a black wallpaper...
    02-24-09 11:36 AM
    I like the black background behind the full menu. Too many themes force the home screen wallpaper behind the buttons and it looks horrible. Especially when you change the home wallpaper because you dislike the included one.
    02-24-09 12:13 PM
    Can anybody set up an OTA? I hate no having a data cable at work!
    02-24-09 01:19 PM
93 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD